Career Officer
# 11
11-14-2012, 12:51 PM
It's a ransom system for anyone who had 1 EDC or more.
----
Lieutenant
# 12
11-14-2012, 12:55 PM
its bollocks, pure and simple
Founder of the 3rd Foot & Mouth Federation Fleet. Join today!

The Khasi of Kalabar: They will die the death of a thousand cuts!
Princess Jelhi: Oh! But that's horrible!
The Khasi of Kalabar: Not at all my little desert flower, the British are used to cuts!
Ensign
# 13 Earned stuff
11-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Stuff I have already earned is now locked away in a box I cannot access until I play the game the way you think I should be playing.

Thanks for total BS, Cryptic.
Captain
# 14
11-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Just want to put it out there, im pretty sure the changes are not 'Fraud'

In the many unread pages of the T&C there is likely a clause about having the right to change their game however they see fit, hence no fraud?

Edit: (I was meaning to quote the OP but forgot, whoops ^^')
Career Officer
# 15 Boo
11-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Been here since day one and dont think I have ever said anything negative. That does not mean I have whole-heartedly agreed with all the changes but I do realize Cryptic is trying to make a buck and I am ok with that, heck I hope they all make millions.

That being said this new rep system that I need to grind in an effort to be effective or the most effective I can be is not cool. I am normaly excited to play Trek and I ussually play for too long each night, but last night without the loot drops and running around buying commodities for the rep system just turned me off. Hate to say it but if cusomer opinions matter, look up my agreeable post history and realize that even the non-complainers have concerns.

Good luck and live long and posper.

In defense of season 7 I have yet to try any of the romulan zones, just the romulan/reman fleet actions.

Last thing I would say is I prefer content above the U.I. systems like fleet starbases, doff system, rep system.....
Captain
# 16
11-14-2012, 02:32 PM
The reputation system is, in effect, making us pay a fee for the privilege of paying.
Ensign
# 17 reputation system
11-15-2012, 11:21 AM
Well i still have my borg stuff but i agree i hate the reputation system. And it churns out lots of ec but i usually sell my reources (which i have tons of and never use) for qiuck money. I would have rather had new episodes though.
Ensign
# 18
11-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
It's a ransom system for anyone who had 1 EDC or more.
Not sure how its going to cost millions of ec

I think this is far better than before, you unlock new weapons and great stuff that normally requires you to do a load of stupid stuff to get
Ensign
# 19
11-15-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
Dont understand how the rep system forces us to buy zen? i thought the dilithium reqs were removed, they were tiny to begin with on tribble if i remeber regardless,...

besides, its not 'FORCING', you dont even have to look at the reputation system, if you want new fangled abilities/passive bonuses you can, if you dont.. then you dont :p

Dont think PWE/Cryptic is holdling a phaser to our heads :p
They effectively force you into the rep system by taking all the items you already earned and locking them into the omega box. Now you are required to re-earn access to what you should already have access to! You already spent the time and effort to earn the items to begin with!

Last edited by gr1shim; 11-15-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
11-15-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
Has anyone else noticed a certain class a player showing up to defend these shameless acts of greed? I have, both here in the forums and in-game. People who defend corporate greed with greater and greater zeal the more out of control it becomes. You know them, both "in-here" and "out-there." They rave about "freedom" as though the measure of that were the powerful's ability to exploit others without complaint or interference.

They are the little rich kids you see spitting on homeless veterans and telling them to get jobs. They are the vulture real-estate agents who sweep in on foreclosed homes. They are the stock traders who sow chaos and misery for a few extra pennies they will never notice.

I have been a game-modder for over 15 years and during that time I have noticed a clear trend in the gaming industry toward rampant greed, scape-goating, and demonization (Mega Upload anyone?) It happened in publishing, it happened to films, it happened to music, and now it has happened in video games:

The industry is pioneered by artists, becomes profitable, and is then usurped by the most mindless, soulless beast on Earth: the bean counter. And its not just in creative endeavors linked to commerce either. Every surface has an add plastered on it. Neil degrass Tyson notes in his book, Death by Black Hole, that a major financial company once called him to inquire how they might project their logo on the moon.

All art has been replaced by advertising; all culture with commerce. The direction this game is going in is indicative of the same sickness that permeates human civilization today: Pathological and self-destructive greed.
It's a conspiracy!! Quick everyone, wrap aluminium foil around your heads to stop them from getting in to your brain!!

FYI, if you want to escape the corporate slavery world you imply then you should go out and live in the woods under a piece of bark.