Lt. Commander
# 201
11-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Thankyou Cryptic! I love the new Webpage design!
Captain
# 202
11-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Vulcans can live and look young longer then humans. And maybe she is just shooting at some of those six-eyed critters that can act rowdy on New Romulus?
Captain
# 203
11-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
Vulcans can live and look young longer then humans.
That's fair.

But how often would you expect Vulcan Captains to look like a college freshman at a halloween party?

There are ways to look sexy and strong without looking like a skank.
Republic Veteran
# 204
11-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post
That's fair.

But how often would you expect Vulcan Captains to look like a college freshman at a halloween party?

There are ways to look sexy and strong without looking like a skank.
When I walk around ESD and the Frist city and don't see mostly half naked Star Fleet and Orions in the game, then maybe the picture went to far, but compared to whats in game its pretty tamed.

Career Officer
# 205
11-14-2012, 12:46 PM
For all those of you who are claiming that the image isn't objectifying or sexist. Do you want to know how to tell.

Take the pose, costuming, facial expression , of the image in question. Now place a "sexy" or "hot" guy in that exact pose, costume, plunging neckline and all, give him that softcore Cinemax facial expression, and tell me how that looks.

Now take the pose, costuming, expression etc of the handsome phaser guy picture, and place a "sexy" or "hot" woman there. Tell me how that looks.

I rest my case.
The sexy phaser lady image is a misogynistic, sexist image that objectifies women.
It's insulting to me as a player, and it makes the game look cheap, and crappy on the front page of the website. People seem to have forgotten that part of the problem is also , page design. Nice placement of the download button.

You can claim this isn't a sexist image , objectifying women.
You'd just be wrong.
Career Officer
# 206
11-14-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
Quote:
T'Bosom
Quote:
T'Its
Quote:
T'Boobs
I think we need a player poll to choose the name for our new Icon. These three names should be amongst the choices.

[/color]
I would like to give my vote to T'Bosom.

Over, and over, and over, and over...
Captain
# 207
11-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Thanks for pointing out the download position. That seems to be placed so that it covers her lower chest.

I don't even know half of what the latin words you wrote mean, and I do not even want to.

They all seem to mean useless phrases coined by people who feel like they are better then everybody else, and make up fake problems to cover their own shortcomings.

Go and protest in front of a clothing shop that sells female underwear which is not in accordance with early 20th century fashion styles.
Career Officer
# 208
11-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
Thanks for pointing out the download position. That seems to be placed so that it covers her lower chest.

I don't even know half of what the latin words you wrote mean, and I do not even want to.

They all seem to mean useless phrases coined by people who feel like they are better then everybody else, and make up fake problems to cover their own shortcomings.

Go and protest in front of a clothing shop that sells female underwear which is not in accordance with early 20th century fashion styles.
There was no latin in my post.
I refuse to rise any father toward your baiting.
Have a nice day.
Captain
# 209
11-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Lets hope most people are open minded about outfits.

I wonder, can we ask Cryptic to put a full picture up as a wallpaper?
Without the lower parts of the picture edited off?

It would be a great new wallpaper.
Captain
# 210
11-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
For all those of you who are claiming that the image isn't objectifying or sexist. Do you want to know how to tell.

Take the pose, costuming, facial expression , of the image in question. Now place a "sexy" or "hot" guy in that exact pose, costume, plunging neckline and all, give him that softcore Cinemax facial expression, and tell me how that looks.

Now take the pose, costuming, expression etc of the handsome phaser guy picture, and place a "sexy" or "hot" woman there. Tell me how that looks.

I rest my case.
The sexy phaser lady image is a misogynistic, sexist image that objectifies women.
It's insulting to me as a player, and it makes the game look cheap, and crappy on the front page of the website. People seem to have forgotten that part of the problem is also , page design. Nice placement of the download button.

You can claim this isn't a sexist image , objectifying women.
You'd just be wrong.
So much agreed.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.