Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 These are the STO Forums
11-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Hi Captains,

This is your friendly reminder that these are the STO forums -- this is also the STO PvP Feedback sub-forum. Threads about other topics, including other games, will be moved or removed. Creation of these posts or threads falls under the forum rules as "Spamming". Breaking this rule will lead to moderation from myself and the Community Mod team.

I understand the PvP Community's frustration and can empathize with it -- if you're playing another game, that's okay! But discuss it on their boards, not here. If one of you would like to make a thread in Ten Forward to be used for MWO, or any other game (there is already one for SWTOR), I'm okay with that. All subsequent posts or threads about that game will be merged with that one thread.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 2
11-14-2012, 02:05 PM
don't get me wrong, but i start to wish cryptic will not "fix" sto pvp. season 6 was great in most manners. for players ingame-income/progression season 7 is a great fail (hive space is just great, but why should i play that?)...
and as off my stated wish, i don't bother with anyone discussing something that they enjoy. sto makes it hard nowadays. you may should hear that metatext out of the mwo-hype and consider some changes ...

p.s.: if dil is a timed based currency, just add it to every missions (cause everything takes time in this game)!

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc / Rommie: Lag Industries - D'Waste
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARKS-TO-CHOOSE PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)
AND DON'T TOUCH OUR DIL!!!

Last edited by wast33; 11-14-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Captain
# 3
11-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

This is your friendly reminder that these are the STO forums -- this is also the STO PvP Feedback sub-forum. Threads about other topics, including other games, will be moved or removed. Creation of these posts or threads falls under the forum rules as "Spamming". Breaking this rule will lead to moderation from myself and the Community Mod team.

I understand the PvP Community's frustration and can empathize with it -- if you're playing another game, that's okay! But discuss it on their boards, not here. If one of you would like to make a thread in Ten Forward to be used for MWO, or any other game (there is already one for SWTOR), I'm okay with that. All subsequent posts or threads about that game will be merged with that one thread.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I for one appreciate people posting where there off to on this forum and WHY.

Perhaps Cryptic will at some point understand they have made a few errors along the way. There is a lot to love about STO no doubt... there is also things the competition is doing better.

Yes Cryptic has completely ignored PvP for 3 years. Its not shocking that they would loose customers to a superior PvP product.

Lets be frank... when you cancel your SUB to any game the Devs almost always ask you point blank WHY you have done so. In most cases they even ask what game you are off to play.

Seems to me people coming in here and explaining exactly why they are leaving or have left and what they have found is good info for Cryptic. Its real insight into what there competition is doing that there PAYING ex(or not yet ex) customers have found value in. (most good developers steal features that paying customers leave for and add them to their own games).

People posting in depth about other games are filling out that exit card in a more detailed way... not just selecting the "left for other game" drop down box... they explain What they found over there. If Cryptic is smart they would use this info to improve there own product. (in most cases those players that left still care about STO or at least the people still here so its in everyones interests to LISTEN right)

Now I understand you may not want real long winded conversations about competing product. No one does... however the fact that its happening HERE and not THERE... should be taken as a sign that people honestly want YOU to notice what is happening. Absorb what it is they are saying... go and take a good look at the competition (I have no doubt you do that already)... most importantly find away to steal there thunder.
THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE ARE REALLY HOPING YOU WILL DO... not post threads saying don't talk about the guy down the street guys.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.

Last edited by antoniosalieri; 11-14-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Captain
# 4
11-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
I for one appreciate people posting where there off to on this forum and WHY.

Perhaps Cryptic will at some point understand they have made a few errors along the way. There is a lot to love about STO no doubt... there is also things the competition is doing better.

Yes Cryptic has completely ignored PvP for 3 years. Its not shocking that they would loose customers to a superior PvP product.

Lets be frank... when you cancel your SUB to any game the Devs almost always ask you point blank WHY you have done so. In most cases they even ask what game you are off to play.

Seems to me people coming in here and explaining exactly why they are leaving or have left and what they have found is good info for Cryptic. Its real insight into what there competition is doing that there PAYING ex(or not yet ex) customers have found value in. (most good developers steal features that paying customers leave for and add them to their own games).

People posting in depth about other games are filling out that exit card in a more detailed way... not just selecting the "left for other game" drop down box... they explain What they found over there. If Cryptic is smart they would use this info to improve there own product. (in most cases those players that left still care about STO or at least the people still here so its in everyones interests to LISTEN right)

Now I understand you may not want real long winded conversations about competing product. No one does... however the fact that its happening HERE and not THERE... should be taken as a sign that people honestly want YOU to notice what is happening. Absorb what it is they are saying... go and take a good look at the competition (I have no doubt you do that already)... most importantly find away to steal there thunder.
THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE ARE REALLY HOPING YOU WILL DO... not post threads saying don't talk about the guy down the street guys.
Exactly!!!
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Captain
# 5
11-14-2012, 02:20 PM
We do understand that it is only meant to be used for STO. The reason we bring other emerging MMO's into this forum right now is to indirectly point you to games where (with slight glimmer of hope) PWE might be able to take inspiration from to improve the PVP side of the game this PVP community loves

Look at the comments to Season 7 Dev blog #17. Thats from none PVPers. Imagine how the PVP community has been feeling for the last few seasons with unfulfilled promises.

I think there needs to be a "Lessons learnt" session for PWE to realise what worked and didn't work for Season 7.

You biggest metric to the success of this game surely has to be your player base. If that is ignored, it could have unrepairable consequences.

Quick honest question? Is PWE here for the quick money or a long sustainable future where you have a constant stream of paying subscribers who also buy the other fluffy bits?

Last edited by naz4; 11-14-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Captain
# 6
11-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Hrmmm, the reasons for the MWO spam - just does not jibe with all the MWO spam.

It's not a "X game does this great, it would be awesome if Cryptic could work something like that into STO." sort of thing.

It's more like "You guys suck, I'm taking my ball and going to find somebody else to play with. Waaah, waaah, waaah." sort of thing.

Frankly, it's annoying. Not annoying enough to have reported - just well - childish as Hell. One can picture the stereotypical cliques in some teen show or movie, you know, where there's the head cheerleader and the pair that follows her around. She smirks at something she doesn't like, turns around and walks off - the duo chirp in with some nonsense.

That's what it looks like.

The intention may have been something else... but, lol - it comes off as something far different.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 7
11-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
We do understand that it is only meant to be used for STO. The reason we bring other emerging MMO's into this forum right now is to indirectly point you to games where (with slight glimmer of hope) PWE might be able to take inspiration from to improve the PVP side of the game this PVP community loves

Look at the comments to Season 7 Dev blog #17. Thats from none PVPers. Imagine how the PVP community has been feeling for the last few seasons with unfulfilled promises.

I think there needs to be a "Lessons learnt" session for PWE to realise what worked and didn't work for Season 7.
Except, this is not being done. I had to remove a thread asking about a new map and new skill introduced in MWO. I know what's going on here, guys

PWE wants our games to have the best PvP experience possible, as does Cryptic. We all want PvP to be fun and exciting. You've seen Borticus in this forum talking about changes and working on balance, you've seen my interest in the Boot Camp, and there are discussions happening behind the scenes with devs who don't post on the forums.

But, the actions in these forums actually make people not want to your comments and then your suggestions and feedback won't be seen. So please keep things STO related -- it will be better for PvP in the long run. If there is a mechanic that works great in another game that you would like to see come to STO, that's valid feedback and welcome (as long as the thread is created as a "hey, this would be cool for STO"). But asking for spec help or map help in another game is not welcome.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 8
11-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Its a shame after a few hours from the PVE community ranting and raving about the changes from season 7 that took into effect cryptic devs jump on it to fix the issue.

WHERE THE HECK HAS THAT ENTHUSIASM BEEN FOR THE PVP COMMUNITY.......

For 3 years your company failed to bring new exciting and "working as intended" stability to pvp game play. But for a few hours of PVE complaining you make drastic changes to season 7 rewards whats wrong with this issue.

WHY IS IT THAT CRYPTIC HATES PVP AND THE PVP COMMUNITY SO MUCH......

For 3 years i waited....why.....because im a dang trekky and i love the concept of this game but im also a PVP'er at heart so i like to pew i get more excitement pewing in my favorite ships then in other games where it doesnt really tickle my imagination....and yet cryptic you fail...

Then you have the nerve to say you care about PVP yeah right......remember DStahl said we are .02% why cater to such a small portion of the game yet we spend the most money in the game huh.....

I lost all hope why should i bother logging in.......its fail after fail after fail......and i know you will ban me with the excuse of flamming or w/e excuse you devs use but everyone needs to know im not spamming or flamming, Im FREAKING FRUSTRATED AS HECK....
Galron Says PEW PEW!!!!!!!!
Career Officer
# 9
11-14-2012, 02:31 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
Galron Says PEW PEW!!!!!!!!

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 11-14-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Lieutenant
# 10
11-14-2012, 02:40 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
Koopa27 -X-treme

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 11-14-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Closed Thread