Career Officer
# 311
11-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by partizan81 View Post
Reserving judgement until the announcement is made.

@dstahl/bran: your move. You've got a real opportunity here to make S7 shine.
They;ve updated #17 blog

Quote:
leet Actions now reward Dilithium in addition to Better Gear*
Fleet Actions (such as Starbase 24, Gorn Minefield, etc) now award between 480 and 640 Dilithium (this will be in flux as we adjust rates) to ensure that the average level 50 player is earning more Dilithium by playing missions more accessible to the average player. In addition, Blue and Purple gear is now more reliably earned in Fleet Actions.

Smaller Dilithium rewards per STF runs and now indirectly via Omega Fleet Reputation projects*
After reviewing our data and goals for Season 7, we?ve made the decision to reduce the amount of Dilithium that is direct reward from STFs. While we initially removed it altogether, the Omega Fleet predates the Reputation system and so we?ve reinstated Dilithium as a reward per run, albeit at a lesser rate. We?ve agreed that it is ok for Omega Fleet related missions to grants Dilithium whereas other Reputation related missions may not. In addition, STFs will reward Dilithium indirectly via Omega Marks and Borg Neural Processors (Elite only) through repeatable projects in the Omega Fleet Reputation system.

Normal STFs*:

480 Dilithium
Approx. 20 Omega Mark per STF (Varies per STF)
Bonus Objective: +25% more Omega Marks

Elite STF Runs*:

960 Dilithium
Approx. 60 Omega Mark per STF (Varies per STF)
Bonus Objective: +25% more Omega Marks
1 Borg Neural Processors
They nerfed Fleet actions a little, but we now have 960 dil back into STF's not perfect by so so so much better I can now have a life an dplay this game. \0/
Captain
# 312
11-14-2012, 02:33 PM
I would advise people to don't count your coup just yet. We still don't know what they are going to say/do. It may be no better than what is currently in teh game.
Career Officer
# 313
11-14-2012, 02:34 PM
You know, instead of merely updating an old Dev Blog, how about you devote a new one with these Dilithium updates, and an apology for this debacle and the appalling way in which you treated your players?
----
Career Officer
# 314
11-14-2012, 02:35 PM
huge dilithium nerf to STFs = less horrible than complete dilithium removal, but still bad

now we will all be happy about it because we know it could be a lot worse...

i say keep bitc*ing guys, this is still nowhere near good enough!
Captain
# 315
11-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, there's one thing that may have been overlooked:

The "STF days" on the calendar, has been entirely removed. So there's one avenue of "bonus dilithium" that has been completely cut off.

And reading the updated blog post, shows they are still being rather lackluster in how they reward us for playing their content. So, I suppose returning "some" of the Dilithium to STFs is a step in the right direction. But reducing the amount in Fleet Actions, just puts us back at square one.

The conversion of Omega Marks and Borg Neural Processors to Dilithium, remain PITIFUL. 5 Elite STFs to get 1000 Dilithium??? Whereas in S6, we got 1100 Dilithium PER RUN.
Starfleet Veteran
# 316
11-14-2012, 02:37 PM
I'm happy with the decision to put dillithium back in the STF rewards since we now need it to purchase the gear. It was not fair for us to have received Dillithium all this time and then take it away now when it is required.
I have no complaints on the issue at this point.

Thanks for entertaining the player comments and choosing to modify the reward structure to suit the new reputation.
It means more than you know...
Lieutenant
# 317
11-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Why are there so many people not understanding the dev blog?

I mean, really, people. It is not less dilithium, it is just aquired a bit differently. Calm down.
By acquired differently, you must be speaking about the Zen-to-Dil exchange. I've watched those prices plummet from 300+ in pre-S6 to 100 - 150 near S7 launch.

With this, the conversion rate is going to hover closer to 25. Sorry, but I'm not going to pay for DStahl's new latinum-plated mansion.

F2P is an acronym for Free to Play, not Free to Pay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
... Did we not just have several weeks of testing on Tribble to provide feedback for just this sort of change? Were we not told that STFs would still grant ~950 dilithium a run?

How can you expect us to trust you, and as a result *want* to work with you to support this game, if you're as deceptive here as you have been? Frankly Cryptic suck on this one.
If Cryptic is going to use Ferengi buisness ethics, they need to learn how to be better Ferengi. No Ferengi would EVER lie, cheat, and utterly screw over their customers in the way that Cryptic is right now. It's a good way to become a dead "entrepreneur".

I'm just waiting for the national news headlines: "Game Programmers slaughtered, 13-year old gunman in custody await psychiatric evaluation."
Starfleet Veteran
# 318
11-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthstormstrike View Post
Too bad they didn't listen when it was on Tribble, huh? They had to wait for more people to see the issue on live to realize it's a problem.
Even on Tribble, there was some reward; not as big as people would have wanted, but still a reward. When it went live, no reward.

480 > 0.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
They;ve updated #17 blog

They nerfed Fleet actions a little, but we now have 960 dil back into STF's not perfect by so so so much better I can now have a life an dplay this game. \0/
Noted, and much more amicable. Not as much as before, but with Omega Mark conversions and rewards from other Fleet Actions to compensate, it's a fair compromise, IMPO.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.

Last edited by obsidiusrex; 11-14-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Career Officer
# 319
11-14-2012, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidiusrex View Post
Even on Tribble, there was some reward; not as big as people would have wanted, but still a reward. When it went live, no reward.

480 > 0.

Edit:

Noted, and much more amicable. Not as much as before, but with Omega Mark conversions and rewards from other Fleet Actions to compensate, it's a fair compromise, IMPO.
I have a feeling Al' Gekco is getting a telling off...
Ensign
# 320
11-14-2012, 02:49 PM
i dont understand the logic behind all these decisions

they take away many ways to earn dili and that will give the players the ability to earn more dili then before ?

all of these changes are bull****

the only answer is that they want that casual gamers buy more zens to exchange against dili

but its only a thin line when these gamers would say "thats enough" - and when they are gone - they dont come back

btran gone, foundry quickies gone, stfs reduced, horrible costs for exchanging dutys and so on