Career Officer
# 321
11-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
You know, instead of merely updating an old Dev Blog, how about you devote a new one with these Dilithium updates, and an apology for this debacle and the appalling way in which you treated your players?
This would also go a little way to showing you're actually apologetic over this and care an ounce for and respect your players.
----
Lt. Commander
# 322
11-14-2012, 02:51 PM
While I am a heavy STF player, it's a shame the fleet mission dilithium rates are dropping so much as at the moment it is a viable alternative to those who don't play STF's.

Why not give it similar dilithium to STF's and similar cooldown. Dilithium per hour will be the same as your new plan and while players are on cool down they can nip off to get their FM's/RM's etc
Lieutenant
# 323
11-14-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm pretty sure my comment will get lost in all other comments, and i'm also pretty sure the devs not actually give 2 cents about players though or CUSTOMER's thoughts but...

"The STO team has consistently ensured that there is enough missions and systems in the game that any player should be able to earn 8000 Dilithium per day if they focus on Dilithium based missions for about 4 hours. By the way, the average level 50 player plays approximately 3.5 hours on a given day."

Now dear STO team, of advanced ppl that actually THINK before copy/pasting a message The average level 50 player plays 3.5 hours, thus by grandious thinking you decided to make it 4 hours to get the needed dilithium PER 1 day.... Now would that level 50 player have any omega, romulan, fleet marks? NO. Would that player NEED (or wish) to buy ZEN to purchase more ships, make more characters, get more doffs? NO - because he has NO TIME to actually use them.

Have you considered that for players with 4-5 chars of lvl 50, that means 20 hours a day to just get THE DILITHIUM? Obviously not... now disregarding the slap on the face of ppl that bought ZEN and supported this game, by buying new ships, making new chars to RPG with them as a MMORPG should actually be... you ppl did a great thing, myself, my friends and most of your players will no longer buy any ZEN because it's useless... i wanted to buy myself the new VESTA, but i will not, why buy that ship? to grind SB 24 with it? i can do that in a free lvl 40 ship... why make myself a romulan character? To have no time to play it? No thanks!

Great thinking, ppl don't refine as much dilithium as we want, let's remove it all....
Please feel free to add the "game" and economy statistics in about 2 weeks time... would be nice to see how your profit halven and you player base is 40% smaller.... Great new season!

Oh and....
"To sum it up ? we expect it to take several months of playing the game regularly for several hours per session in order to outfit a captain and crew with the best gear in the game."

In case you didn't know it's a GAME, we play it for fun not as a lifestyle. I guess we can add STO in our long term plans, next year i get married, then have a child, by he/she is 1 year old i will have MACO set, it will be a hell of a party!!!
Starfleet Veteran
# 324
11-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by armitas View Post
btran gone, foundry quickies gone, stfs reduced, horrible costs for exchanging dutys and so on
Thanks for reminding me of the new DOff exchange prices at the Academies. They didn't end up changing that? Ack, I always personally felt that was a cash grab to sell more DOff packs.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Career Officer
# 325
11-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Actually isn't this is better than before?

960 Dilithium for an elite

+ 1 neural processor = 100 Dilithium

+ 60 Marks = 550 Dilithium

1710 Dilithium in season 7 compared to 1440 Dilithium in Season 6

so well done cryptic
Richard Silk, EU Liaison Officer, TOS Veterans Fleet

Last edited by speedofheat; 11-14-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Captain
# 326
11-14-2012, 03:01 PM
No, you missed this part:
Quote:
We?ve agreed that it is ok for Omega Fleet related missions to grants Dilithium whereas other Reputation related missions may not. In addition, STFs will reward Dilithium indirectly via Omega Marks and Borg Neural Processors (Elite only) through repeatable projects in the Omega Fleet Reputation system.

Normal STFs*:

* 480 Dilithium
* Approx. 20 Omega Mark per STF (Varies per STF)
* Bonus Objective: +25% more Omega Marks

Elite STF Runs*:

* 960 Dilithium
* Approx. 60 Omega Mark per STF (Varies per STF)
* Bonus Objective: +25% more Omega Marks
* 1 Borg Neural Processors

Conversion Rates:

* Once you have finished Tier 5 in a Reputation systems, you can convert Omega or Romulan Marks into Dilithium by running Reputation projects:
o 50 Marks = 500 Dilithium
* At any tier in the Omega Reputation system, you can convert Borg Neural Processors into Dilithium by running Reputation projects:
o 10 Borg Neural Processors = 1000 Dilithium
So, you need to make tier 5 to convert the omega marks to dilith, but can conver BNP's at any level- BUT they both can be converted only by running projects. Whats the cost of these projects ?

Any guess to how much it'll cost to get to T5 rep to convert that OM into dilith? 100k IIRC.

Not such a good deal STILL !
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
# 327
11-14-2012, 03:04 PM
I didn't miss it... and actually I do think this is a good deal,so we disagree... well done cryptic.
Richard Silk, EU Liaison Officer, TOS Veterans Fleet
Captain
# 328
11-14-2012, 03:07 PM
"Elite STF Runs*:

960 Dilithium
Approx. 60 Omega Mark per STF (Varies per STF)
Bonus Objective: +25% more Omega Marks
1 Borg Neural Processors"

What was said.

"Elite STF Runs*:

Approx. 60 Omega Mark per STF (Varies per STF)
Bonus Objective: +25% more Omega Marks
1 Borg Neural Processors"

What you actually get. Well done. I have never before said cryptic or PWE lied to us straight to our faces. I have often just sat back and enjoyed the fireworks. But this time... Let's see... supposed to get 960 dil per ESTF. What do I get? Zilch.

Yeah. This time I draw the line. You lied to us. I don't know why, I don't care why. The fact remains that you did it. Well. Bloody. Done.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
# 329
11-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofheat View Post
Actually isn't this is better than before?

960 Dilithium for an elite

+ 1 neural processor = 100 Dilithium

+ 60 Marks = 550 Dilithium

1710 Dilithium in season 7 compared to 1440 Dilithium in Season 6

so well done cryptic

if you got no salvage drops or whatever you may be right.

i usually got 5000 dilithium in 3-4 STF runs. and sometimes i got 3000 from a single STF

1710 sounds worth playing STFs for.
960 alone? not so much.
Captain
# 330
11-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
if you got no salvage drops or whatever you may be right.

i usually got 5000 dilithium in 3-4 STF runs. and sometimes i got 3000 from a single STF

1710 sounds worth playing STFs for.
960 alone? not so much.
Not really- it's still ZILCH for those who won't participate in this new system.

Forced compliance is what this little olive branch IS.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?