Empire Veteran
# 71
11-14-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm just completely flabergasted by how suddenly the HATRED that the Empire had for Romulans is now a "missconception' and how according to the fanbase many Klingons actually like Romulans.....

Did they miss the part where the House of Duras was seen as traitors becuase they worked with the Romulans to over throw the Empire? Thats not a sign of the Empire liking Romulans. The Duras house was acting without honor.

Did they miss the part where the Klingons and Romulans living in the colony had done so becuase the Empire no longer accepted those Klingons becuase they where captured ?
They had no choice. Live in the colony or die.

The trading of ships for cloaking devices was in a time when the Empire and RSE where allies, the year 2267. This alliance had come to an end by 2292, when the Klingons and the Romulans became "blood enemies". (TNG: "Reunion")

So the idea that we are suddenly helping the Romulans in the wake of thier natural disaster is against the long existing fact that Klingons as a society hate Romulans.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Starfleet Veteran
# 72
11-14-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I'm just completely flabergasted by how suddenly the HATRED that the Empire had for Romulans is now a "missconception' and how according to the fanbase many Klingons actually like Romulans.....
That is just what you can see in thew shows. Different Klingons have different opinions.

And yes, of course they do have a difficult history. But the Federation and the Klingons have a difficult history, too, yet when Praxis exploded, the Klingons were pragmatic enough to cooperate with the Federation.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
# 73
11-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Hey Roach think this summarises whats going on?

A) Arrogance

B) Ignorance

C) Feds are idiots

D) All of the above

I must confess I really like the Romulans and the new Fed Ships in Season 7, all of them are impressive, even when they are burning up.
Captain
# 74
11-14-2012, 04:15 PM
I don't think the idea that Klinks would engage in diplomacy or an armistice (even with Rommies) is implausible, I just don't buy the way it's been sold by STO at all. It's simply not convincing.

The ported Reman stuff was handled a lot better, I think, even if it still didn't really "fit"... Obisek's dialogue for Klinks was tailored quite nicely.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Survivor of Romulus
# 75
11-14-2012, 05:09 PM
did anyone notice that the FEDS got a total of 5 ships with season 7 ?

3 Vesta Class ships, and 2 Steamrunners (Steam offer )

and the KDF got "nada"
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Captain
# 76
11-15-2012, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoriansrus View Post
did anyone notice that the FEDS got a total of 5 ships with season 7 ?

3 Vesta Class ships, and 2 Steamrunners (Steam offer )

and the KDF got "nada"
THAT is Cryptic's confession that we're so good, so awesome, that they can't come up with a ship equal to the overwhelming awesomeness that is the Klingon Defense Force-at least, not without basically annihilating all Feds on the fields of PvP and humiliating them in PvE (which, honestly, we do most of the time anyhow...)

Vesta 3 pack and Steamrunner are crutches for the cripple, that's all.
Career Officer
# 77
11-15-2012, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
THAT is Cryptic's confession that we're so good, so awesome, that they can't come up with a ship equal to the overwhelming awesomeness that is the Klingon Defense Force-at least, not without basically annihilating all Feds on the fields of PvP and humiliating them in PvE (which, honestly, we do most of the time anyhow...)

Vesta 3 pack and Steamrunner are crutches for the cripple, that's all.
I think it would be awesome if they would copypasta the stats and give them a negh'var, raptor and marauder fdc skins

No real work needed and we get fun new toys
Lynis, Orion Engineer, main
Rrezeth, Gorn Tactical, primary alt
Nari, Orion Science, secondary alt
Empire Veteran
# 78
11-15-2012, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
Hey Roach think this summarises whats going on?

A) Arrogance

B) Ignorance

C) Feds are idiots

D) All of the above

I must confess I really like the Romulans and the new Fed Ships in Season 7, all of them are impressive, even when they are burning up.
D. All the Above. The new content is as well made as any content that has been released before in STO.
My shock is at how quickly some fans started stating to the KDF fans that we are wrong and Romulans are quite popular in some Klingon social circles as if since the statement fell from fed lips it must be true and we Klingons have fantasied the dislike.

Quote:
The Klingon relationship with the Romulan people was also extremely unstable. A short-lived alliance and technology exchange notwithstanding, the Romulan Star Empire were typically regarded by the Klingons as a "blood enemy" since at least the 23rd century. Sporadic Romulan attacks against Klingon colonies (see Khitomer Massacre) and interference in Klingon affairs (see Klingon Civil War) continued to sour relationships between the two peoples. (TNG: "Sins of the Father", "Redemption II")
I can accept that the Devs did what they did to roll the KDF into the new RSE colony update so we fans can enjoy it too, I just do not get the whole sudden change of history by some that states the KDF does not have a blood hate against the Romulans even though the early game of STO and the genre state otherwise.
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 79
11-15-2012, 06:16 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
That is just what you can see in thew shows. Different Klingons have different opinions.
No the history of the Klingon-Romulan blood fued is well documented and the only Klingons to willingly work with any Romulan iether had no choice as in the case of the DOminion War, No choice as in the case of the Romulan-Klingon Prisoner colony or they did so willingly as in the case of the Duras using Romulan treachery to try and gain control of the Empire in a most dishonorable fashion.

Even this game and the IP have shown the Hate with which the Klingon people distrust and dislike the Romulans.

Your looking at things through fed-colored glasses in my opinion.

Quote:
And yes, of course they do have a difficult history. But the Federation and the Klingons have a difficult history, too, yet when Praxis exploded, the Klingons were pragmatic enough to cooperate with the Federation.
So pragmatic that the whole KDF command staff, except the Chancellor and his Daughter, had schemed with StarFleet Command personel to keep the war going and go out with a war rather than accept help.
Starfleet Veteran
# 80
11-15-2012, 06:51 AM
Quote:
[...]
So pragmatic that the whole KDF command staff, except the Chancellor and his Daughter, had schemed with StarFleet Command personel to keep the war going and go out with a war rather than accept help.
The whole command staff? Hardly. There were circles on both sides who did not want peace, but their personnel was so few that the very leader of the coup had to command the single B'rel they had...

As I wrote, if you believe J'mpok's decision to be wrong, challenge him for a duel.

(Wouldn't that be a cool feature in the game? The option to challenge the Chancellor for a melee fight that you cannot possibly win because he is just so awesome?)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584