Captain
# 11
11-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Hrmmm, the reasons for the MWO spam - just does not jibe with all the MWO spam.

It's not a "X game does this great, it would be awesome if Cryptic could work something like that into STO." sort of thing.

It's more like "You guys suck, I'm taking my ball and going to find somebody else to play with. Waaah, waaah, waaah." sort of thing.

Frankly, it's annoying. Not annoying enough to have reported - just well - childish as Hell. One can picture the stereotypical cliques in some teen show or movie, you know, where there's the head cheerleader and the pair that follows her around. She smirks at something she doesn't like, turns around and walks off - the duo chirp in with some nonsense.

That's what it looks like.

The intention may have been something else... but, lol - it comes off as something far different.
You know 20 or so years ago I managed a large retail store.... Now customers returned product all the time, its the nature of retail. Most would come in set the product down and be to nice to give the real reason they where returning the product. Sometimes I would say man I can't help but notice 10 of those things have come back this week... then I would get one customer who would be honest and tell me it was a complete piece of bleep. Then I would look at my reports and realize I should have noticed a month ago that that X product had issues....

There has been a constant stream of QQ for a good year now.... of course as a smart manager Cryptic should have been sifting through it. Yes some of it is just total BS... just like in was in that retail store I ran... some people where just unhappy pains in the bleep. Of course at some point the constant complaints about one item would clue me in to major issues with it... now in the retail world it was an easy fix... pull the product, send defective crap back change suppliers... seems to me when the QQ gets loud enough the easiest fix is to address the problem... not post a sign at customers service that says "Don't be a bleep, or we won't listen to you"... I know someone that tried that once in retail (not those exact words lol) Seeing someone throw something at him when he pointed out the sign is one of the best memories of my retail days. LMAO
/channel_join Tyler Durden
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-14-2012, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Except, this is not being done. I had to remove a thread asking about a new map and new skill introduced in MWO. I know what's going on here, guys

PWE wants our games to have the best PvP experience possible, as does Cryptic. We all want PvP to be fun and exciting. You've seen Borticus in this forum talking about changes and working on balance, you've seen my interest in the Boot Camp, and there are discussions happening behind the scenes with devs who don't post on the forums.

But, the actions in these forums actually make people not want to your comments and then your suggestions and feedback won't be seen. So please keep things STO related -- it will be better for PvP in the long run. If there is a mechanic that works great in another game that you would like to see come to STO, that's valid feedback and welcome (as long as the thread is created as a "hey, this would be cool for STO"). But asking for spec help or map help in another game is not welcome.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Fact is Brandon that is quite the opposite, Start delivering something anything Fleet marks in pvp we asked sense season 6, why does this take time and don't give me that bs that pvp isn't fleet related crap because foundry is also exactly the same, You can do it as 1 or as a group of fleetm8s.
Noone.
Captain
# 13
11-14-2012, 02:44 PM
No Guts No Galaxy.

Collect insect repellant instead.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
Lieutenant
# 14
11-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Quote:
PWE wants our games to have the best PvP experience possible, as does Cryptic.

We all want PvP to be fun and exciting.

You've seen Borticus in this forum talking about changes and working on balance, you've seen my interest in the Boot Camp,

and there are discussions happening behind the scenes with devs who don't post on the forums.
Power balancing is NOT a pvp addition. Also...

Does it really take the devs 3 years to brainstorm ideas about PvP?
"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." -Logimo
Captain
# 15
11-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
You know 20 or so years ago
Even 5 years ago - society was different. 7-10 years? Much different. 20 years ago? Seems like a different planet altogether.

As to the rest - it's not a case of the MWO spam being somebody coming into the store to tell you what's wrong with your store. It's more like the store next door sending folks into your store and telling your customers that they should come next door.

It's one thing if you, one of your employees, or even customers heard a customer say something was better next door and then they left for that store. It's another thing to have groups of folks walking around the store and trying to point out to other customers that they should go next door.

How would you have handled that?
Captain
# 16
11-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Even 5 years ago - society was different. 7-10 years? Much different. 20 years ago? Seems like a different planet altogether.

As to the rest - it's not a case of the MWO spam being somebody coming into the store to tell you what's wrong with your store. It's more like the store next door sending folks into your store and telling your customers that they should come next door.

It's one thing if you, one of your employees, or even customers heard a customer say something was better next door and then they left for that store. It's another thing to have groups of folks walking around the store and trying to point out to other customers that they should go next door.

How would you have handled that?
I would have thrown up a couple door crashers and laughed when those people never left. Sometimes you need a loss leader... but anyway thats not the point. Also 20 years isn't that long a time early 90s wasn't that long ago... after my retail I took a regional position with them for over 10 years as well... ya Things don't change... and they never will cause people are people. Doesn't matter if we are selling cell phones that weight 5 pounds... or MMO subs 20 years in the future... people won't change.

The people posting here ARE STO Customers. Last I checked I wasn't seeing NEW names on the forums from some other game... I am seeing friends from STO that I have played with for 3+ years posting.
/channel_join Tyler Durden
Empire Veteran
# 17
11-14-2012, 03:01 PM
i think this MWO spam is here to try to tell cryptic something. its the literal result of the lack of pvp development, or even pvp consideration. every one posting MWO stuff here is doing so because this is still their community that they like interacting with, but they cant have fun in game anymore here, or have simply had enough of the neglect.

every season has had an opportunity to add some trivial, token thing to pvp, but there was a choice not to. just a new map added to the arena rotation, or fleet marks for christ sake. 1 little thing like that and stahl could brag all about how they are supporting pvp, it wouldn't have to be something to apologize for every time he brings pvp up.

at this point, and for quite a wile now, pvp is a smaller and smaller part of the game becase of you, not us. its starving, and dieing, and the new ships that are added tend to do more harm then good to it. the continued power creep in this game has made the gap between best and worst much larger, and makes it even harder to get into pvp. he with the lockbox ship wins, he with the right doffs wins, now soon he with the rep passives wins as well.

all the new stuff added with season 7, and 6, which had endless pvp opportunity attached, gave pvp nothing. were is a pvp star base defense? why isn't there fleet marks for pvp, the original fleet content? were is a karrat like warzone in the new romulan sector were you can get romunlan marks? were is the omega marks for karrat? why isn't there some version of the azera rescue were starfleet and kdf compete for ship rescuing?

STO is a pvp game, the basic ship balance was designed from the beginning to pit player ships against each other. there would be no reason for sci ships to exst if this was not the case. all 3 ship types are needed for successful team play, they all have a purpose and are incomplete without each other. the rest of the game is just pve content built on top of all this, making some types of ships work better then others in it. generally if you cant cause a lot of damage you have little purpuse in pve.

so it continues to baffle me how only pve can be focused on, when its not even what the game is built for, its bones are pvp bones.
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 18
11-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galronopvp View Post
Its a shame after a few hours from the PVE community ranting and raving about the changes from season 7 that took into effect cryptic devs jump on it to fix the issue.

WHERE THE HECK HAS THAT ENTHUSIASM BEEN FOR THE PVP COMMUNITY.......

For 3 years your company failed to bring new exciting and "working as intended" stability to pvp game play. But for a few hours of PVE complaining you make drastic changes to season 7 rewards whats wrong with this issue.

WHY IS IT THAT CRYPTIC HATES PVP AND THE PVP COMMUNITY SO MUCH......

For 3 years i waited....why.....because im a dang trekky and i love the concept of this game but im also a PVP'er at heart so i like to pew i get more excitement pewing in my favorite ships then in other games where it doesnt really tickle my imagination....and yet cryptic you fail...

Then you have the nerve to say you care about PVP yeah right......remember DStahl said we are .02% why cater to such a small portion of the game yet we spend the most money in the game huh.....

I lost all hope why should i bother logging in.......its fail after fail after fail......and i know you will ban me with the excuse of flamming or w/e excuse you devs use but everyone needs to know im not spamming or flamming, Im FREAKING FRUSTRATED AS HECK....
Please dont take this the wrong way Branflakes but it's really hard to believe that statement.

The forums have been littered with good ideas for the last few STO seasons with no uptake and/or incorporation of any of the ideas into the live game let alone any form of real feedback to these ideas, negative or positive.

We hear week in week out about you guys discussing, chatting, having internal meetings. What has the fruit of all this been to date in 3 years? (When you answer this, please take your PWE hat off and put your PVP hat on).

Before you ask the question "What would actually convince the PVP community that we (PWE / Cryptic) want PVP to be fun?", i'll give you a potential solution.
Demonstrate a time bound plan with actual progress against it using tribble as the testing grounds for the relevant milestones on the said plan. Once these milestones are successfully tested by the PVP community, migrate them onto holodeck. At this point, you will start to make us believe.

I dont need the grand all in one change to become a believer. I'm sure most PVPer's would feel the same. We want to see your vision of PVP, want to be able to influence it in a positive manner, work with you instead of against you like it currently feels and make the in game PVP a benchmark for the rest of the MMO's out there to apsire to.

The reality is that it is so far from this said vision right now, that sadly (and yes i do mean sadly) other games have spotted a gap you left / allow to open and made it their own. I have been playing the said game for at least solid week now and progressed to a "None noob" level all by doing PVP and obtaining in game currency by PVP. In that week, even though the game is still in beta, the amount of PVPer's there right now is phenomenal. I may have spotted the same name no more than a handfull of times.

Sad to say this but most of my friend list in STO is in that game now.

I really do hope this isn't falling on deaf ears and something positive comes of this event.
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles

Last edited by naz4; 11-14-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Career Officer
# 19
11-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Quote:
PWE wants our games to have the best PvP experience possible, as does Cryptic. We all want PvP to be fun and exciting. You've seen Borticus in this forum talking about changes and working on balance, you've seen my interest in the Boot Camp, and there are discussions happening behind the scenes with devs who don't post on the forums.
Talk talk talk talk talk, that's all it is.

We've been hearing it for 3 years.

Quote:
But, the actions in these forums actually make people not want to your comments and then your suggestions and feedback won't be seen.
The actions of the studio make pvp'ers not want to pvp in your game. That says something.
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Captain
# 20
11-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantrainor View Post
Talk talk talk talk talk, that's all it is.

We've been hearing it for 3 years.

The actions of the studio make pvp'ers not want to pvp in your game. That says something.
This post delivers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
Closed Thread