Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 57
# 21
11-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Agreed. I wanted to be excited for Season 7, and I really was when it was all heresay, rumors and hints of whats to come. When I saw the reality of it, I was quite dissapointed.

A new season all about story content? Great! Oh.. no episodes? Just more grind & queue events?

New STF(s)? Awesome! I've been waiting for the Hive for over 2 years now. But, with rewards nerfed across the board, and no real cohesive story behind it all anymore, I can't even find the motivation to log in and play through it.

Then you have the dilithium devastation being discussed here, which is just icing on the cake, and the final nail in the coffin of my S7 excitement...

I do like the new sector block, and that there is atleast more variety in the ever growing grind, but it's a far cry from what I envisioned after hearing what Season 7 was going to be all about (I was even thinking small, being used to the "normal" in past releases). New Romulus is a beautiful map, but the content within has failed to captivate me in the slightest.

Here's hoping 8 will be better. Until then, I'll be struggling to find a reason to log in as usual. I guess I just have much more fun in games that offer more immersive story, in game rewards, and proper motivation to keep going. STO doesn't offer much of that at all, anymore, unless I'm missing something.
Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 185
# 22
11-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johhanne View Post
In many ways this has been the best season launch yet - technically the server has been stable - I even got to play yesterday which to be honest I wasn't expecting. New Romulus is beautiful, many of the new missions are fun.

But it's all been overshadowed by the great dilithium snatch. Players should be talking about the great new content. Instead Cryptic has caused angry and upset players complaining - justifiably - about dilithium and in a stroke made their 'end game content' irrelevant.

It just didn't have to be this way. It really didn't.

Why?

Jo
I completely agree with this and it is one of the primary reasons why we are reversing our decision about Dilithium. Players should be having fun with Season 7 - it is awesome - not worrying about Dilithium.

Thank you (and everyone else) for speaking up about this. It means a lot to us.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,033
# 23
11-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
I completely agree with this and it is one of the primary reasons why we are reversing our decision about Dilithium. Players should be having fun with Season 7 - it is awesome - not worrying about Dilithium.

Thank you (and everyone else) for speaking up about this. It means a lot to us.
I'm sorry and I really don't want to be snarky but we have already gone over this two weeks ago http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=424701 and then you changed your mind.

You need to do something to get back player confidence. Something beyond changing your mind again.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,328
# 24
11-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Season 7 has been a mess.

Bugs are rife and Cryptic are already having to look at this STF Dil problem after the streams of negative comments turned up on here, and it won't be surprising to me if they just hack in some barely functional solution and leave it at that - or just nerf something else in the process and get people angry again.

At this point they can do no right, they are damned if they attempt to fix things and certainly damned if they don't bother. I certainly don't envy their position.

If they last until season 8 they're gonna need to pull something pretty special out of the bag to earn some small slither of respect back from players, a feat made harder considering it is supposed to finally be the KDF overhaul they have been promising forever.

Sad thing is it would have been far more successful if they didn't rush to get this out before the 13th, and if they were upfront about the Dil change and managed to snip the problem in the bud before release.

Last edited by coupaholic; 11-14-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 686
# 25
11-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
I completely agree with this and it is one of the primary reasons why we are reversing our decision about Dilithium. Players should be having fun with Season 7 - it is awesome - not worrying about Dilithium.

Thank you (and everyone else) for speaking up about this. It means a lot to us.
Dan, I do appreciate the new content. I played a lot of New Romulus stuff last night, and I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. However the changes to the Dilithium currency have basically made it next to impossible for me to continue advancing my fleet projects. I just can't make enough of it. The last day of season 6 I made 10,000 Dilithium Ore, and refined 8000. The first day of season 7 I made 4000 Dilithium Ore. I don't have time to grind Marks (both Fleet and Romulan, not even attempting Omega Force yet) and Dilithium, and yet suddenly I need significantly more of both.

I am in a small fleet. Currently, I am about the only person actively working on the Starbase (and now the Embassy). I can't afford to recruit DOFFs any more. It was already bad enough with having to split my Dilithium between Starbase projects, and the special project we have going. Now I need it to recruit, advance the embassy, etc, etc, etc.

Please reconsider these additional fees. They are killing all sense of progress for me, and I suspect, many others who are in my position.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 214
# 26
11-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
I?m kind of glad that I don?t really play this MMO anymore after the latest Cryptic stunt.

I was trying to get myself in the mood to give STO a try again when season 7 went live but I could not keep myself logged in for more than 20 minutes.

STF?s were the only way I ever earned Dilithium and now if I wanted to play and needed Dilithium I?d be forced to run into Fleet Actions that I never enjoyed doing since their introduction!

If this no Dilithium for STF?s ?is working has intended? Cryptic needs to man up and let it be known.

I think the biggest problem that I have is that if it turns out that was always what Cryptic intended to do with STF?s and Dilithium then they once again told us all a bold faced lie that they?d only be reducing the Dilithium payouts on Normal and Elite STF?s.

Time after Time Cryptic never ceases to disappoint me.

Much like you I participated in the STF's for the dilithium and the loot. The dilithium to earn my cap for the day and the loot to turn in for EC's. I don't like nor do I want to praticipate in the Fleet Actions, it just not what I built my ships for.

I hear tell, that Stahl now tells us the Dilithium will be put back into the STF's, 480 normal and 960 elite. . But what about the loot?

Maybe most of you don't really care for the loot/gear at the finish of an STF and that's fine. But it was mostly my only way to make EC in game. Not all of us can pump $100.00 a week on the game you know.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 214
# 27
11-14-2012, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw View Post
Dan, I do appreciate the new content. I played a lot of New Romulus stuff last night, and I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. However the changes to the Dilithium currency have basically made it next to impossible for me to continue advancing my fleet projects. I just can't make enough of it. The last day of season 6 I made 10,000 Dilithium Ore, and refined 8000. The first day of season 7 I made 4000 Dilithium Ore. I don't have time to grind Marks (both Fleet and Romulan, not even attempting Omega Force yet) and Dilithium, and yet suddenly I need significantly more of both.

I am in a small fleet. Currently, I am about the only person actively working on the Starbase (and now the Embassy). I can't afford to recruit DOFFs any more. It was already bad enough with having to split my Dilithium between Starbase projects, and the special project we have going. Now I need it to recruit, advance the embassy, etc, etc, etc.

Please reconsider these additional fees. They are killing all sense of progress for me, and I suspect, many others who are in my position.
Well on that note. Yes the progress of many small fleets will be haulted by the new season and its new system. Didn't anyone think about this before pushing a new season? obviously not. .
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,865
# 28
11-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captyoung01 View Post
Much like you I participated in the STF's for the dilithium and the loot. The dilithium to earn my cap for the day and the loot to turn in for EC's. I don't like nor do I want to praticipate in the Fleet Actions, it just not what I built my ships for.

I hear tell, that Stahl now tells us the Dilithium will be put back into the STF's, 480 normal and 960 elite. . But what about the loot?

Maybe most of you don't really care for the loot/gear at the finish of an STF and that's fine. But it was mostly my only way to make EC in game. Not all of us can pump $100.00 a week on the game you know.
I kinda agree. It's far less important than dilithium to me, but it was still nice to get a purple Acc*2 phaser DHCs once in a while.

(Another victim of Season 7.)
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 147
# 29
11-14-2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupaholic View Post
Season 7 has been a mess.

Bugs are rife and Cryptic are already having to look at this STF Dil problem after the streams of negative comments turned up on here, and it won't be surprising to me if they just hack in some barely functional solution and leave it at that - or just nerf something else in the process and get people angry again.

At this point they can do no right, they are damned if they attempt to fix things and certainly damned if they don't bother. I certainly don't envy their position.

If they last until season 8 they're gonna need to pull something pretty special out of the bag to earn some small slither of respect back from players, a feat made harder considering it is supposed to finally be the KDF overhaul they have been promising forever.

Sad thing is it would have been far more successful if they didn't rush to get this out before the 13th, and if they were upfront about the Dil change and managed to snip the problem in the bud before release.
What's hilarious is they had ample feedback in the Tribble discussion forum.

They see 10 threads that praise New Romulus and they think everything's sunshine and butterflies but neglect the 200+ post thread on Doff grinder prices and Dilithium nerfs.

This is just a complete PR disaster right now. 80% of the threads on the first page of Discussion and Feedback are negative.

Somebody needs to be fired.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 38
# 30
11-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
I completely agree with this and it is one of the primary reasons why we are reversing our decision about Dilithium. Players should be having fun with Season 7 - it is awesome - not worrying about Dilithium.

Thank you (and everyone else) for speaking up about this. It means a lot to us.
I don't want to harsh you mellow, but the problem really is deeper than just a few missions and their payouts. It's your whole design document for dilithium. If I didn't know better it's a copypasta from another type of game for a different kind of audience. But that's besides the point, it's ultimately a type of social engineering that rarely succeeds, even more so in a game that has been limping along for 2+ years. You've got a playerbase that is used to the game being a certain way, that meshed well with their busy adult lifestyle. Thinking that people have to grind for 4 hours a day in a certain way before they can think of having fun is a complete failure in game design and doesn't serve your customers well. STO is a good game, but it's not good enough to enforce a grueling grind on players. Season 6 was rough for my small fleet, but we took it as a challenge. Your changes to Season 7 saw my fleet disband.

Things you should do to fix things:

Don't be so anal about how/when/where people get dilithium. Instead of removing, you should be adding sources. The 8k cap for refining should be all you ever need.

Your metrics only tell you part of the story of what your customers are doing. Half of all MMO players are over 30. How many of your players are over 30 and have busy lives?

There is a useless quest on the player starbase that gives a measly 5 fleet marks. Up the payout to 50 fleet marks and 1440 dilithium. It's not an instant payout, it gives people the baseline they had before, and it gives the starbase a function instead of it being a resource wormhole and occasional store.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:13 AM.