Ensign
This was posted by DStahl today regarding the generally negative feedback about changes to STFs and end-game content in Season 7. I would like to know how people feel about this, and whether or not the general consensus is that it goes far enough to rectify the most grievous of complaints.

Quote:
Greetings!

After many hours of deliberation and review of the post Season 7 player data, I've made the call to reverse the decision to remove Dilithium as a reward for running STFs. In addition, we've also decided to keep Dilithium as a reward in Fleet Actions.

There have been numerous posts explaining the rationale that went into the reward changes and I can clearly state that our goal of getting more Dilithium into the average player has been very successful. As the data suggested, there is a huge contingent of players that simply do not play STFs but are eager to earn Dilithium in other content. These players are benefiting from the addition of Dilithium in the Fleet Actions, so that worked well.

However, our concern that there would be too much Dilithium in the economy if we left Dilithium in both STFs and Fleet Actions has been outweighed by the frustration we've seen from STF fans since the launch of Season 7.

Season 7 is an awesome content filled update that the team is very proud of that has been overshadowed by player frustrations over the Dilithium changes. Cryptic has and always will take player feedback into consideration when making decisions and this is a case where we agree with the players that Dilithium should be back in the STFs. It is more fun to run STFs when you can earn Dilithium towards end game gear and no amount of data driven logic can outweigh this.

So here are the changes we'll be making in a maintenance build by the end of this week.
Normal STF runs will grant 480 Dilithium
Elite STF runs will grant 960 Dilithium
Space Fleet Action runs will grant 480 Dilithium
Ground Fleet Action runs will grant 640 Dilithium

This is in addition to the other rewards that STFs and Fleet Actions grant.

While this is still a change from Season 6, we hope that these new amounts will help the average player earn more Dilithium per day while maintaining the Dilithium that players who like to run STFs were receiving.

The additional Dilithium may impact the player-to-player Dilithium exchange rates in the future, but we would rather you were having fun in Season 7 than worrying about the economy. We have enough of that to deal with in the real world.

Thank you for your patience and for being the best community of any MMO.

- dstahl

(p.s. the web team has updated the blog I posted last night with these changes to help cut down on confusion.)
KIRK:That which you call Ee'd Plebnista was not written for the chiefs or the kings or the warriors or the rich and powerful, but for all the people! These words were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone or they mean nothing! Do you understand?
Captain
# 2
11-14-2012, 03:11 PM
I'm perfectly fine with this. Good decision!
Captain
# 3
11-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Give a dog a bone and hope old STO meh'n come rolling home.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
Captain
# 4
11-14-2012, 03:18 PM
**** no!

It's an insult to say they listen but then change one of the LEAST of the problems they just introduced. Adding dilithium back to STFs is a small portion of the problems they've just added. THe entire game is a dil sink now. That's the problem. DOFFs costing THOUSANDS of dil per day is the problem.

The result is still a net loss of thousands of dil per day as compared to season6.

**** NO, I'm not happy with thier "compromise" (which can barely even be called that).
Captain
# 5
11-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Of course this could have been a preplanned "cave-in" to help sell the overall idea of stripping down the dil rewards, which the game still does significantly even minus this. I'm not going to play anymore STFs anyway because of what they did to them internally.
Captain
# 6
11-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Well it's a step in the right direction. It would be nice if you could fund the rep systems from their related content but that's wishful thinking
Empire Veteran
# 7
11-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
**** no!

It's an insult to say they listen but then change one of the LEAST of the problems they just introduced. Adding dilithium back to STFs is a small portion of the problems they've just added. THe entire game is a dil sink now. That's the problem. DOFFs costing THOUSANDS of dil per day is the problem.

The result is still a net loss of thousands of dil per day as compared to season6.

**** NO, I'm not happy with thier "compromise" (which can barely even be called that).
One small step is better than no step at all. Seriously, not everything has to be changed all at once.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
11-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Personally, I thought the new system was OK without dil in STF. If they're going to bring some back, I'm fine with that, too. I understand both sides of the argument. For me, STFs weren't really a part of my dil farming.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
11-14-2012, 03:36 PM
I am sure there will be some whiners that will never be pleased
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Captain
# 10
11-14-2012, 03:36 PM
As long as this change does NOT replace T5 Omega rep dil...

...which I have a feeling it has but Stahl is just keeping silent about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.