Lieutenant
# 61
11-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
This newcomer recognises you for who you truly are - Forogt about the time you twisted my words as well.... For a change come to my patch!

Wow, name dropping your own fleet mates to save face - A true politician in the making...
What newcomer, I've been playing STO for nearly 6 months
"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." -Logimo
Starfleet Veteran
# 62
11-14-2012, 05:19 PM
I've gotten more enjoyment from reading this thread than I have from actual PvP in a few months. Wait I shouldn't have told, now they might charge c-points for trolling!
Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
Captain
# 63
11-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th23 View Post
What newcomer, I've been playing STO for nearly 6 months
Sorry, my bad. I meant new entrant to the PvP forum
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Captain
# 64
11-14-2012, 05:22 PM
@antoniosalieri, but I believe that's kind of what Bran was asking for - and - that's why he said what he did. And why I said part of what I said. This does seem to have gone off to the side some, but getting back to that part:

He's supposedly fine with folks saying "It would be neat if STO did A like X game does..."
He's not fine with folks saying "Why are you guys still here? Come play X!"

There was far more come play MWO posts than there were it would be neat if STO did X like MWO, MWO does Y like STO should, or MWO didn't make the Z mistake that STO did.

It was pretty much come play MWO spam popping up in every thread. It was annoying - somewhat easy to gloss over (it's not one of my pet peeves - heh, not something that triggers me into saying something so I get nice little notes from mods to knock it off) - but kind of annoying all the same.

That's a key difference, imo.
Starfleet Veteran
# 65
11-14-2012, 05:25 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 11-14-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 66
11-14-2012, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Except, this is not being done. I had to remove a thread asking about a new map and new skill introduced in MWO. I know what's going on here, guys

PWE wants our games to have the best PvP experience possible, as does Cryptic. We all want PvP to be fun and exciting. You've seen Borticus in this forum talking about changes and working on balance, you've seen my interest in the Boot Camp, and there are discussions happening behind the scenes with devs who don't post on the forums.

But, the actions in these forums actually make people not want to your comments and then your suggestions and feedback won't be seen. So please keep things STO related -- it will be better for PvP in the long run. If there is a mechanic that works great in another game that you would like to see come to STO, that's valid feedback and welcome (as long as the thread is created as a "hey, this would be cool for STO"). But asking for spec help or map help in another game is not welcome.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Since day one people have provided feedback on these forums, yet it is continuously not acted on.

If you want to improve things here then you need to start acting on what the PvPers are saying in these forums, it is not enough anymore to tell us that you're listening because you've been saying that same line for the past few years and nothing has been done as it relates to our mode of play. Start asking the old PvPers that are left (those of us that have long enough memories to remember how it used to be compared to how it is now) what can and should be done, and ask the new players what they'd like to see.

It is not enough anymore to say that you're listening, and it hasn't been enough for a long time, that line has run its course. If Cryptic wants things to improve in the PvP side then you must show signs that you will actually start acting immediately because games like MWO are free and have true PvP, while games like TOR are starting their F2P tomorrow, and there are more games on the horizon both in the short and the long run.

Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here
Starfleet Veteran
# 67
11-14-2012, 05:51 PM
When it comes down to it, they have made more money than ever with the lock box model. They really don't care about PvP any more than to give it some lip service in hopes of keeping some people around.
Commander
# 68
11-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Aren't you the guy trying to sell Tier 4 Fleet ships in OPVP with the rest of your fleet at 50% inflated prices ?
Actually it's me selling those ship. A lot of real money went into the starbase grind. Prices are not inflated at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
I've told people that if they want access to that stuff all they have to do is ask.
Ship Provisions do cost a lot of resources. Resources that my fleet mates worked hard for. There is one project where a fleet has to put in 40.000 dil per ship provision. Would be unfair towards my fellow fleet members to just give 40k of their dil away to strangers, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctraiderz View Post
6M EC + 4 Modules is not that bad!
It's 5m EC for everyone if they buy now!

Quote:
MT it was 15M
Yes the price was 15m EC. And back then we were still the cheapest public seller.

Quote:
Wow, name dropping your own fleet mates to save face and another whole fleet to boot - A true politician in the making...
I apologise for your fleet mate's actions.
My friend, that is not making any sense. Please take a step back and take a deep breath.

Your making it sound as if I am doing a bad thing by selling ships. I bet 70+ satisfied customers would beg to differ.

PM me @ilhansk if you're interested in buying fleet ships. T5 fleet ships available soon.

Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some pew pew PVP action!
Captain
# 69
11-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Seriously? you guys are charging for that?

Im my T4 fleet we have like over 300 ships, because we have choose to do the 500 XP + 5 Ships proyect all the time.

If any of you guys need a T4 ship just let me know, we'ill give it to you for free.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Lieutenant
# 70
11-14-2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

This is your friendly reminder that these are the STO forums -- this is also the STO PvP Feedback sub-forum. Threads about other topics, including other games, will be moved or removed. Creation of these posts or threads falls under the forum rules as "Spamming". Breaking this rule will lead to moderation from myself and the Community Mod team.

I understand the PvP Community's frustration and can empathize with it -- if you're playing another game, that's okay! But discuss it on their boards, not here. If one of you would like to make a thread in Ten Forward to be used for MWO, or any other game (there is already one for SWTOR), I'm okay with that. All subsequent posts or threads about that game will be merged with that one thread.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

This guy is just simply a tool for damage control on PWE behalf so they can make more money. This guy has no idea about anything regarding to pvp let alone anything else regarding to game development.

The reason why people are posting off other games is because they are upset with 3 years of imbalance issues, mechanic issues for pvp let alone all the other major problems involved.

PvP in ANY other MMO is much better than on this game. Are you really that shocked that people are posting on this game forum's from other games?

You have no development focus for pvp except for Z-Store and Lockbox crap so what's the big deal? People are going continue posting because " they don't care about the rules " since " your company doesn't care about making the game better and filling your pockets to the Chinese overlords". Can you blame the people that have been in neglect for years? No. I certainly the hell don't.

This is exactly the same problem with your other game Champions Online.

You do not understand anything to what is going, you do not pvp, what exactly DO you do? Think about it? I honestly cannot think of one thing.

Just stay off the forums Brandon because your not wanted. Don't like what I have to say? Too bad.

Feel free to come on though if you have something that is related ONLY to the following:

#1. Star Trek IP License going to a different gaming developer.

#2. PvP content regarding to fixing and balancing mechanics and removing current pvp exploits.

Last edited by captainluke85; 11-14-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Closed Thread