Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
11-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
Fed content copy paste job for the KDF.

I explained it in one sentence.
I had always wondered why KDF players were upset about the content. And now, after playing the first 3 missions (which were fun) now I am playing the very same missions.

Hope this changes in S7.
Career Officer
# 42
11-13-2012, 08:12 AM
There is no explanation for KDF magically siding with and doing exactly what the feds are. Its just copy pasted <piss poor I might add> Fed content that the Klingons get to do as well.

To sum it up in one word= L-A-Z-I-N-E-S-S.

Yeah, that's right.
Captain
# 43
11-13-2012, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adon333 View Post
There is no explanation for KDF magically siding with and doing exactly what the feds are. Its just copy pasted <piss poor I might add> Fed content that the Klingons get to do as well.

To sum it up in one word= L-A-Z-I-N-E-S-S.
+1

/10char

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Lt. Commander
# 44
11-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Without reading the topic, do they ever explain WHY the KDF are helping romulans? I could understand them helping the Remans more, and the Federation helping the Romulans...

But it's very immersion breaking (and I've done zero of the new content) to see the KDF help romulans out. The same KDF which had an entire story set of missions that revolve around you killing an entire great house basically because mostly they hired/worked with/traded with romulans, and partly for revenge. Then to turn around and help romulans.
Captain
# 45
11-14-2012, 05:14 PM
There are some ways to view this.

Copypaste and not enough manpower and funding to do a completely seprate planet for Klinks is one.

On the other hand, they are not helping the Romulan Star Empire. This is a new state, a "Second Romulan-Reman Colony" which is being made with Remans, Romulan refugees and romulans who want to reunite with Vulcans.

So the KDF can still go around killing the Star Empire, the old Romulan state.

Also, apart from Obisek's already mentioned fondness for Thalarons, D'Tan is a Federation sympathiser.
Fighting Hirogens and Tholians and Tal'shiar as support may prevent this new State from aiding the Feds against the KDF.

Also, this may help smoothing out the KDF-Federation war into something more like the Cold War, with both factions already engaged in the Omega force.

There are the Iconians around, and House Duras is the Rising Star of the Klingon Empire. The Duras seem to want to concentrate on the most dangerous and powerful enemy.
Would it not be more honourable-glorious to fight these Iconians and defeat such a mighty foe?
Even if it takes Federation and Romulan refugee aid, this would be a feat of epic might. Even worth allying with the unreliable and sassy Federation, and this Romulan Pocket state.

So the KDF can have reasons to do this, to at least somehow explain the copypaste content.

And Klingons are not Space Orks.
Da orkzez got more Dakka, bikez and they are dead stompy!
Dem orkz care not for dis "honor", its a posh humie fing. Kill em, eat em!
Waaaaaaaaaagh!!!!! Stomp da ooniverze flat!
Captain
# 46
11-14-2012, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
There are some ways to view this.

Copypaste and not enough manpower and funding to do a completely seprate planet for Klinks is one.

On the other hand, they are not helping the Romulan Star Empire. This is a new state, a "Second Romulan-Reman Colony" which is being made with Remans, Romulan refugees and romulans who want to reunite with Vulcans.

So the KDF can still go around killing the Star Empire, the old Romulan state.

Also, apart from Obisek's already mentioned fondness for Thalarons, D'Tan is a Federation sympathiser.
Fighting Hirogens and Tholians and Tal'shiar as support may prevent this new State from aiding the Feds against the KDF.

Also, this may help smoothing out the KDF-Federation war into something more like the Cold War, with both factions already engaged in the Omega force.

There are the Iconians around, and House Duras is the Rising Star of the Klingon Empire. The Duras seem to want to concentrate on the most dangerous and powerful enemy.
Would it not be more honourable-glorious to fight these Iconians and defeat such a mighty foe?
Even if it takes Federation and Romulan refugee aid, this would be a feat of epic might. Even worth allying with the unreliable and sassy Federation, and this Romulan Pocket state.

So the KDF can have reasons to do this, to at least somehow explain the copypaste content.

And Klingons are not Space Orks.
Da orkzez got more Dakka, bikez and they are dead stompy!
Dem orkz care not for dis "honor", its a posh humie fing. Kill em, eat em!
Waaaaaaaaaagh!!!!! Stomp da ooniverze flat!
We're supposed to be at war with the Federation.

We should be conquering this new colony so that the Federation doesn't gain another puppet state to do its bidding. That's what the Klingon Empire would do, if it were at odds with the Federation. At the very least, we should be establishing strongholds and another Ganalda-like base of operations to face this new threat. Instead, Cryptic has us, Klingons, glad-handling green-blooded Romulans and their former slaves, Remans, in the name of 'peace and cooperation'. The whole lovey-dovey thing makes me sick.
Rihannsu
# 47
11-14-2012, 09:31 PM
this is what it mean you now KDF version of Feds
the age of launcher... is over...!! the time of the ARC has come!!!!!!!!!
One ARC to rule them all, One ARC to find them,
One ARC to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!
actual joining date = no one cares!!!!
Empire Veteran
# 48
11-14-2012, 11:45 PM
Yep Cryptic Dev's stated 2012 will be the year about KDF development. Instead we got a very very very grindy Starbase System and this Romulan system which based on the franchise itself unless the KDF saw a strategic importance or threat to the empire they wouldn't bother helping them the Klingons more so would kill off the romulans who betrayed them at every turn. The story behind this is same for both sides so its basically playing Federation Lore on a KDF character is all it is its not Klingon. Even if you look at it from the federation side section 31 would have made sure the romulans were on their own they just caused so much bad blood for centuries with the rest of the quadrant that nobody not even the federation would even go help them out. Spock was their last hope and he failed and that shoulda gone down with him. It would seem more plausible for both sides to be actually hunting them down and exterminating the romulans.

In 2013 you won't see any KDF ships unless they are in a lockbox or in a fleet store to be sold 1 ship per character. Also it won't be any kind of retrofit of a C-store ship because they have made it clear the discount is only for the federation so they haven't made any good will on that except collect a giant bank roll of dilithium with nothing KDF to spend it on since most KDF players already own every KDF item in the game by now. If 2012 has shown us anything is that its the end of the KDF the only plans Cryptic may have for the KDF is to throw in some kind of sink that leads no where just to say they did something. Its just like the mission alpha that was great but once people play it once there isn't any point in playing it again.

If they come out with some C-Store account wide ships for the KDF that aren't copy and paste and come up with some fleet ships that have discounts on them... I might have a little faith in them in regards to the KDF but if not you can take it to the bank theres nothing for us KDF players coming.

The Epohh thing just was a slap in the face to the KDF resorting warriors to go chase down animals to get technology they could just take if they really wanted it. The daily patrol thing it had some nice kdf twist to it but it was kinda iffy but the new romulus stuff just doesn't quite seem right in the tasks and there just is no event that leads to this event its like you go from full blown war to hey dude hows it going... you gonna help romulans chase space bunnies too?
Captain
# 49
11-14-2012, 11:50 PM
My first KDF toon did the ground stuff but when a warrior of the Empire is told to go collect some rocks, I swore never again. All my other KDF characters will just do battle in space as a true warrior should. To demean the warriors of the Empire to become rock collectors is very bad, Cryptic, very bad.

Sad day for the Empire to have to collect rocks for Romulans.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Rihannsu
# 50
11-15-2012, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthstormstrike View Post
My first KDF toon did the ground stuff but when a warrior of the Empire is told to go collect some rocks, I swore never again. All my other KDF characters will just do battle in space as a true warrior should. To demean the warriors of the Empire to become rock collectors is very bad, Cryptic, very bad.

Sad day for the Empire to have to collect rocks for Romulans.
1000 times this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
the age of launcher... is over...!! the time of the ARC has come!!!!!!!!!
One ARC to rule them all, One ARC to find them,
One ARC to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!
actual joining date = no one cares!!!!