Captain
# 41
11-14-2012, 06:01 PM
A slice of bread when you owe an entire loaf.

While I can appreciate that some time is actually being spent to consider the reaction of the community, the gravest mistake is to assume they are your inferior. They/We are human customers, not puppets with wallets.

This was a nice.. dance.. but the outrage that occurred yesterday is a symptom, not the problem itself. Should Cryptic, and by proxy PWE, want to avoid this.. danger.. in the future, they need to address the core issue that is causing these problems.

Quote:
Make Dilithium more available to all level 50 players
There is potential for the future of this game in this line alone, but the question is whether or not there will be any weight behind it as we move forward...

Events such as this shake and disillusion customers. The ripples of distrust this has sparked.. is going to take a lot of hard work and time to mend. People have stuck with this game through a lot of 'mistakes' in the past, but it is never a good idea to find out where that breaking point actually is.

Personally, to answer the OP's question, No. My emotional reaction to this.. 'compromise'.. would be.. Bitter.

I still feel there should be a loot reward for completing the optional so as to make that challenge not entirely meaningless(on par with achieving top honors in fleet actions). Additionally, I still do not find the one-sided changes to the Doff system to be acceptable. The dilithium income/expense ratio needs to be relaxed before that one.. can be swallowed. (nothing less than a 30% reduction in cost, or a significant increase of dilithium rewards)
Survivor of Romulus
# 42
11-14-2012, 06:10 PM
I have to be honest i was glad they took dil out of stfs i find the pve game play in this game fun but weak. Dont get me wrong the new hive is tough but still with a premade it is a cake walk. I like pvp and when i heard dil was to be taken out of stfs i was happy in the thought that mabey more poeple would take to pvp as a way to make up not getting it in stfs. but alas rainbow boats and afkers get there way again.

PS
to any and all who afk stfs
if sto was smart they would put anf afk kick button into the Qs
and to all those who have had the afker report and ignore them
Captain
# 43
11-14-2012, 06:17 PM
livingrtb your ignorance and bias is only too clear. PvP is not what this game is about. Nor is everyone that eschews PvP an idiot newbie. PvP is weaksauce. They kill PvE and people quit. They don't turn to PvP. That's how it works. PvE ***is*** STO. They kill it, they kill the game, and your precious sub-culture suffers by proxy. So show a little non-selfish consideration, eh?
Lt. Commander
# 44
11-14-2012, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
livingrtb your ignorance and bias is only too clear. PvP is not what this game is about. Nor is everyone that eschews PvP an idiot newbie. PvP is weaksauce. They kill PvE and people quit. They don't turn to PvP. That's how it works. PvE ***is*** STO. They kill it, they kill the game, and your precious sub-culture suffers by proxy. So show a little non-selfish consideration, eh?
Plus, I *like* my rainbow beam boat.

TASTE THE RAINBOW, MOTHA ****AS!
Captain
# 45
11-14-2012, 06:22 PM
This compromise only benefits one group of people - STF players, and mostly Elite STF players. For the rest of us, it's in real terms, another nerf to Dilithium acquisition rates. Honestly, once I finally single-handedly get my starbase to level 1 I'm going to leave it there. With all the new Dilithium fees and the reduction in ways to get it, there's no point in even trying to progress.

And before everyone says, "play STFs!", I really don't have the motivation to do that. I've been playing this game since February, and in that time I've seen so much of the, "if you don't play STFs you're not doing the game right," sort of attitude, along with the whole 'Elite STF players are better than you' type of thing, and it's utterly turned me off the whole game mode. And now, because I have no interest in STFs, I'm getting punished with yet another reduction in the amount of Dilithium I can earn in a day. And they have the nerve to sell this as some massive favour to the community? No. Sorry, but no. It stinks. The Dilithium economy was working fine before you started messing about with it in a transparent attempt to make us buy more Zen and convert it.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Survivor of Remus
# 46
11-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
**** no!

It's an insult to say they listen but then change one of the LEAST of the problems they just introduced. Adding dilithium back to STFs is a small portion of the problems they've just added. THe entire game is a dil sink now. That's the problem. DOFFs costing THOUSANDS of dil per day is the problem.

The result is still a net loss of thousands of dil per day as compared to season6.

**** NO, I'm not happy with thier "compromise" (which can barely even be called that).
TRUE if there was a fix it should have increase the amount of dilithium we receive not cut.
Now everything cost dilithium even stuff that was free now cost dilithium, when everyone gets to the end game items they will see the cost for xii maco is 80000+ dilithium i hope you save for it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 47
11-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Niiice. It's a start.
Career Officer
# 48
11-14-2012, 06:48 PM
once you hit 50 you should be doing Elite STF's anyways in order to equip yourself. Generally though with the reputation factor much of the pain is gone of continually grinding unless you want to.

I think its a good compromise. Cryptic did not have to make this change. We would have complained bitterly and maybe gone somewhere else (unlikely at this point) but they took a step to make a good compromise that still moved towards where they want the game to be while still provinding a reason to PVE, STF and do the fleet tasks that help earn reputation and further the new mechanics.

Overall I think it is a good step, the new content is nifty, although the Tholian Red Alert seems broken to hell and gone. overall I think it was a good update and I like the new story Arc.

Yes I'm a lifer, and NoI don't play nearly as much as I used to but I still play a coupe of times a week and mostly enjoy the experience and will continue to play and occasionally buy new content when something really nifty happens.

so settle back, relax, enjoy it or else go play with your lightsaber next to the guy who looks just like you.

Cheers,
FyreMouse
Lt. Commander
# 49
11-14-2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyremouse View Post
once you hit 50 you should be doing Elite STF's anyways in order to equip yourself. Generally though with the reputation factor much of the pain is gone of continually grinding unless you want to.

I think its a good compromise. Cryptic did not have to make this change. We would have complained bitterly and maybe gone somewhere else (unlikely at this point) but they took a step to make a good compromise that still moved towards where they want the game to be while still provinding a reason to PVE, STF and do the fleet tasks that help earn reputation and further the new mechanics.

Overall I think it is a good step, the new content is nifty, although the Tholian Red Alert seems broken to hell and gone. overall I think it was a good update and I like the new story Arc.

Yes I'm a lifer, and NoI don't play nearly as much as I used to but I still play a coupe of times a week and mostly enjoy the experience and will continue to play and occasionally buy new content when something really nifty happens.

so settle back, relax, enjoy it or else go play with your lightsaber next to the guy who looks just like you.

Cheers,
FyreMouse
What if I get bored with Elite STFs, generally hate the people I wind up in PUGs with, and just want to get lots of Dilithium to buy pretty new ships and clothes?
Ensign
# 50
11-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omfg4202 View Post
This was posted by DStahl today regarding the generally negative feedback about changes to STFs and end-game content in Season 7. I would like to know how people feel about this, and whether or not the general consensus is that it goes far enough to rectify the most grievous of complaints.
LOL If any of you can agree with this, I have a chair to sell you with no legs on it. Then a Month later I will offer the legs for 100 dollars a piece. After another month I will offer you the back to the chair for only 1000 dollars. The Ferengi would be pleased.