Survivor of Romulus
# 171
11-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crioijouls View Post
I'll repost a suggestion I made earlier.

I recall the statement made in the discussion about dilithium about concerns over players 'not refining enough dilithium ore', and that got me thinking...

To make it more accessible to players, why not further increase the rewards given, particularly with the dilithium costs associated with the fleet starbase/embassy projects (especially the special projects, that eat up 200,000 dilithium) and the higher tier reputation projects (requisitions and unlocks). Here's what I'd like to propose:

1. Leave the Fleet Action dilithium rewards and cooldowns where they are right now.

Fleet Actions = 1,440 dilithium.
Cooldown = 30 minutes

2. STFs, which require serious amounts of teamwork just to complete and also achieve the optional objectives deserve large dilithium rewards for those who run them. Bump up the rewards for them to reflect the skill needed and reduce the cooldown for these missions by half.

Normal STFs = 720 dilithium.
Bonus objective = 10% bonus to dilthium and Omega Marks
Base Omega Marks stay the same.
Cooldown = 30 minutes

Elite STFs = 1,440 dilithium
Bonus objective = 25% bonus to dilithium and Omega Marks
Base Omega Marks stay the same
Borg Neural Processors stay the same.
Cooldown = 30 minutes
this would be perfect.

+1
Career Officer
# 172
11-14-2012, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by destroshade View Post
The key lesson everyone should take from this is, without Cryptic/PWE we would not have STO, BUT, but without US there is no STO either.

Before MAJOR changes occur that could impact core gameplay that addicts like myself (hardcore elite player) depend on for happy happy fun times, you know what I would like to see happen?

Surveys.

Lots of surveys. For instance if you took 50 players and asked them "hey how would you feel if you lost dil from a bunch of stuff, and yet more stuff cost dil? would you keep playing that content? would you play other stuff?" This whole entire mess could have been avoided entirely.

I'm sure you can read between the lines for this, you have devs and designers who build the game, come up with content, come up with concepts. But you are forgetting your BEST resource. The players. For a lot of us, we live, breathe, sleep and think Star Trek.

Finally I just want to say thank you for ignoring (hopefully) the MASSIVE nerdrage you guys were subjected to, thanks for the changes, I don't mind a minor reduction in dil from elites, that's fine, it was one of my suggestions, to spread things out a little bit.

Now I will be happy to do my normal grind, collecting borg processors and stuff along with my dil. I can survive not getting bonus loot. If I offended anyone with any of my posts earlier today I apologize, but you know about people and their opinions....

Cheers!
What is the point of surveys if they don't listen to player feedback in the first place until everybody gets pissed? Isn't that the reason why Dstahl created this thread to announce a half-assed reversal on some Dilithium changes?
Quote:
However, our concern that there would be too much Dilithium in the economy if we left Dilithium in both STFs and Fleet Actions has been outweighed by the frustration we've seen from STF fans since the launch of Season 7.
Since season 7 hit the Tribble server people have been complaining about the reduced Dilithium rewards in STFs. Then when season 7 launches the Dilithium rewards in STFs are completely gone after it was already announced, and promised, they would still be there with the amounts as it were on the test server. And people have also been upset about the General Recruitment/Reassign Underperforming doff assignments at the academy costing Dilithium and/or having their costs increased.

Hail your new Overlord!
Lt. Commander
# 173
11-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Cryptic did listen to feedback! And they acted accordingly! Astounding!

I very much approve!
Starfleet Veteran
# 174
11-14-2012, 07:52 PM
Thank you very much!!!

What a way to listen to the community - Bravo!
Lieutenant
# 175
11-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Ok who are you an what did you do with the real Dstahl and who kidnapped the cryptic team fess up you lot
Career Officer
# 176
11-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybone13 View Post
What is the point of surveys if they don't listen to player feedback in the first place until everybody gets pissed? Isn't that the reason why Dstahl created this thread to announce a half-assed reversal on some Dilithium changes?

Since season 7 hit the Tribble server people have been complaining about the reduced Dilithium rewards in STFs. Then when season 7 launches the Dilithium rewards in STFs are completely gone after it was already announced, and promised, they would still be there with the amounts as it were on the test server. And people have also been upset about the General Recruitment/Reassign Underperforming doff assignments at the academy costing Dilithium and/or having their costs increased.
My point was, maybe they should listen to the player base more? To prevent blow ups, to prevent devs from looking like asses by having to reverse a decision.

I'm a lifetime subscriber, plus I buy stuff from the z-store, I like to think the game I support takes my opinions into account, doesn't everyone feel they should have a say? Of course they do.

Every single person on this planet is opinionated in one form or another.

Elite stf's are like crack, and what happens with you take an addicts crack away from him? You get the friggin bull that's what you get. Change needs to be gradual, not abrupt ugly and painful. You'd be surprised what a person can handle when the change comes slowly enough that you don't really notice it.

Look at me giving them ideas... uh oh...
Empire Veteran
# 177
11-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Greetings!

After many hours of deliberation and review of the post Season 7 player data, I've made the call to reverse the decision to remove Dilithium as a reward for running STFs. In addition, we've also decided to keep Dilithium as a reward in Fleet Actions.

There have been numerous posts explaining the rationale that went into the reward changes and I can clearly state that our goal of getting more Dilithium into the average player has been very successful. As the data suggested, there is a huge contingent of players that simply do not play STFs but are eager to earn Dilithium in other content. These players are benefiting from the addition of Dilithium in the Fleet Actions, so that worked well.

However, our concern that there would be too much Dilithium in the economy if we left Dilithium in both STFs and Fleet Actions has been outweighed by the frustration we've seen from STF fans since the launch of Season 7.

Season 7 is an awesome content filled update that the team is very proud of that has been overshadowed by player frustrations over the Dilithium changes. Cryptic has and always will take player feedback into consideration when making decisions and this is a case where we agree with the players that Dilithium should be back in the STFs. It is more fun to run STFs when you can earn Dilithium towards end game gear and no amount of data driven logic can outweigh this.

So here are the changes we'll be making in a maintenance build by the end of this week.
  • Normal STF runs will grant 480 Dilithium
  • Elite STF runs will grant 960 Dilithium
  • Space Fleet Action runs will grant 480 Dilithium
  • Ground Fleet Action runs will grant 640 Dilithium

This is in addition to the other rewards that STFs and Fleet Actions grant.

While this is still a change from Season 6, we hope that these new amounts will help the average player earn more Dilithium per day while maintaining the Dilithium that players who like to run STFs were receiving.

The additional Dilithium may impact the player-to-player Dilithium exchange rates in the future, but we would rather you were having fun in Season 7 than worrying about the economy. We have enough of that to deal with in the real world.

Thank you for your patience and for being the best community of any MMO.

- dstahl

(p.s. the web team has updated the blog I posted last night with these changes to help cut down on confusion.)
Im quite amased, and stunned really,

You aktually turned season 7 into a very very good season and all u had to do was put back the dilithium for us who fought hard against the evil borgys.

i might aktually start to like you again!

i approve of this and i also have to personally congratulate you.

takeing back a decision you once made and thought was right is no little task.

well done a honest and very accurate well done much apriciated and again well done.

we cannot thank you enough for putting the rewards back and aktually let us enjoy the game instead of haveing to find another game to play.

thanks
If only they fix Cloaking bugg *new message BOOM decloacked.
Empire Veteran
im makeing this thread as a dedication for just a very simple but morally needed action.

A Thank you to Dstahl ( and possibly any other cryptic dude that shared in this bad event ) for listening reading and takeing action.
i must personally say i take back 50% of all ive said in the past days and an i do apologise.
but i do felt the situation did need some harsh words and drastic measures. ( i do not regret that part )

As an Elite Stf fan and player Thank you for listening and giving back our joy in the game.
our channel we had was empty hardly people playing now its starting to kick back to life.
small buds of players are returning and playing.

Thank you season 7 when i first saw it all i could see was "how the *** am i going to be able to do anything with no dilithium to pay the rent of starbases and equipment and consumables"
i could honestly not even play the game.

now when the economy is going back i feel much more motivateing to get back on track and possible open new ways to explore this season.

so yes thank you for listening and acting correctly.
i just thought that maybe there is others who wishes to say the same to you and the developers team. and thus i made this thread so maybe they will drop by and tell you their words.

anyways i spoken to much and to often for this year thanks and hopefully we all get a happy ending.

season 7 now that economy is back in place and working might just be the best one you guys made

/ with best regards ghosty
If only they fix Cloaking bugg *new message BOOM decloacked.
Lieutenant
# 179
11-14-2012, 08:09 PM
Tons of people are already thanking them in this thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=447051

Please dont post duplicates about the same subject.
Rihannsu
# 180 Thank you Dev team
11-14-2012, 08:14 PM
From Icarus Elite

We as a fleet thank you the dev team for listening and making this right for the player base, We understand needing to make the game work with in the field of the economy, but as you stated fun is more value to the economy then anger. As Leader of Icarus Elite I speak for my fleet here and im proud to be able to say Icarus Elite and our group in game will not be leaving as you proved you do listen to the player base, no other MMO out there would do this.

Now from me personally,

I believe if you had asked us the players more directly about our thoughts on a change this massive we could have expressed better our thought's, Thank you from me a 1,000+ day player I was so close to leaving the game but my faith has been restored.

R'C Icarus Commander,
IcarusElite.Org @rf93

***IcarusElite.org***R'C, 1 of 3, Dr. Bellet(FED)-Pal'Kin, Lihop, Casya(KDF) LVL 50.***Jan '08 Account I EARNED my 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! LTS = Death to Vet. System: 10/10/12 Never Forget Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Closed Thread