Commander
# 91
11-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th23 View Post
Then come join us in Voldemort. We haven't lost sight of fun. We simply found it in a better place.
Sorry but I'm not like you guys. I'm not going to leave because you think it looks grim. I will stay to the bitter end. Hell you never know, PvP might get so much better and when it does, I promise you guys are going to come running back like you never left.

But my point is, why leave that game?

Go do whatever it is you do, I got a Fleet to run, new players to train on the way to PvP, PvE Elite, Doffs, Fleet Actions, Starbase, New Romulus... Heck I could go on. I'm willing to wait for it to get better. So shoo. MWO and those Pandas are waiting on ya
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Lieutenant
# 92
11-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

This is your friendly reminder that these are the STO forums -- this is also the STO PvP Feedback sub-forum. Threads about other topics, including other games, will be moved or removed. Creation of these posts or threads falls under the forum rules as "Spamming". Breaking this rule will lead to moderation from myself and the Community Mod team.

I understand the PvP Community's frustration and can empathize with it -- if you're playing another game, that's okay! But discuss it on their boards, not here. If one of you would like to make a thread in Ten Forward to be used for MWO, or any other game (there is already one for SWTOR), I'm okay with that. All subsequent posts or threads about that game will be merged with that one thread.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Thanks Brandon!
Lieutenant
# 93
11-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcommando101 View Post
Sorry but I'm not like you guys. I'm not going to leave because you think it looks grim. I will stay to the bitter end. Hell you never know, PvP might get so much better and when it does, I promise you guys are going to come running back like you never left.

But my point is, why leave that game?

Go do whatever it is you do, I got a Fleet to run, new players to train on the way to PvP, PvE Elite, Doffs, Fleet Actions, Starbase, New Romulus... Heck I could go on. I'm willing to wait for it to get better. So shoo. MWO and those Pandas are waiting on ya
Spoken like a true fanboy. Thank you so much for the laughs. I had a bet that you were going to express undying loyalty, and I won a 10 from it. Thanks again!
"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." -Logimo
Commander
# 94
11-14-2012, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th23 View Post
Spoken like a true fanboy. Thank you so much for the laughs. I had a bet that you were going to express undying loyalty, and I won a 10 from it. Thanks again!
Aww well glad I could make your day!

Fanboy? naw not so much. Unlike someone who has been "PvPing since 1997"

Spend that 10 on those bullets for MWO! Heard you gonna need it!

The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Career Officer
# 95
11-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
Seriously? you guys are charging for that?

Im my T4 fleet we have like over 300 ships, because we have choose to do the 500 XP + 5 Ships proyect all the time.

If any of you guys need a T4 ship just let me know, we'ill give it to you for free.
OMG, I have wasted 10 million ECs on Inner Circle. Damnit!

Need help with PVP? Check this thread out!
Captain
# 96
11-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Brandon,

i think you need to be careful with how you deal with this thread. maybe take some feedback back to the department heads.

you have several of gamings top team pvp'rs giving you feedback on a game they love.

have fun kill bad guys
Starfleet Veteran
# 97
11-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
Brandon,

i think you need to be careful with how you deal with this thread. maybe take some feedback back to the department heads.

you have several of gamings top team pvp'rs giving you feedback on a game they love.

have fun kill bad guys

Indeed. The best part of this game was not the game itself. It was and is the people who played it.

Thanks guys and keep up the good fight!

Ps MWO has its own set if issues.
On another note I really hope that star citizen takes off.
-------------------------

Future Capt Gecko II Hitlers take on PvP
Captain
# 98
11-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
PWE wants our games to have the best PvP experience possible, as does Cryptic. We all want PvP to be fun and exciting. You've seen Borticus in this forum talking about changes and working on balance, you've seen my interest in the Boot Camp, and there are discussions happening behind the scenes with devs who don't post on the forums.
You must think us fools, if you're just gonna throw out the usual 'oh, we care about PvP! Really!' line. PvPers in STO have been getting that from Cryptic since the first season.

Please understand, we have a lot of trouble believing promises from someone who is, no offense, just a mouthpiece for Cryptic. Especially combined with Cryptic's tendency to break promises and make vague pronouncements that have little or no basis in reality.

If the dev team is not willing to, straight up, post a blog/thread SPECIFICALLY detailing EXACTLY what's being WORKED ON for PvP (no more vague announcements to get the crowd excited, or market the content, or blogs about 'plans' to do something), including ironclad deadlines regarding when the material is supposed to come out (Season 8, Season 9, what have you). . .kindly don't say anything. At this point, the shallow, empty PR does more harm than good.

The PvE community might not care about being treated like mindless consumers to be siphoned of cash (hence all the lockbox gimmicks and gimmick ships). . . but the PvP community is clearly tired of it.
Career Officer
# 99
11-14-2012, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Hrmmm, the reasons for the MWO spam - just does not jibe with all the MWO spam.

It's not a "X game does this great, it would be awesome if Cryptic could work something like that into STO." sort of thing.

It's more like "You guys suck, I'm taking my ball and going to find somebody else to play with. Waaah, waaah, waaah." sort of thing.

Frankly, it's annoying. Not annoying enough to have reported - just well - childish as Hell. One can picture the stereotypical cliques in some teen show or movie, you know, where there's the head cheerleader and the pair that follows her around. She smirks at something she doesn't like, turns around and walks off - the duo chirp in with some nonsense.

That's what it looks like.

The intention may have been something else... but, lol - it comes off as something far different.
Yeah, that is exactly what it is. I'm a lifetime user, so Cryptic has got me for life even if I play another game.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 100
11-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainluke85 View Post
You are no pvper. So let's get this straight. Do you spends hours and hours on mechanics, constant testings and pushing beyond the limits? No.
Neither do most people who play in the queues. Most just take the builds of others and use them without much thought put it into them. Yet that would not disqualify them from being a PvPer.

If we used that rigid definition of yours, then only people in premades or diligent players would fall into that category. That is ridiculous.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Closed Thread