Lt. Commander
# 191 I'm still screwed.
11-14-2012, 09:08 PM
I lost Foundry Clickers, Chart the B'tran, Doff recruitment packs.
Edit: I lost Mirror event dil also.
2nd Edit: I lost Kerrat dil earlier this year.
I was given FA rewards of 1440 dil in return.

Now that is nerfed to 480?

I never did STF's and don't intend to, so some magical shell game with dil
between FA's and STF's doesn't do anything for me in the slightest.

I am simply out another 900+ dil per 20 minutes.

Stop giving and taking away. Return the FA's to 1440 or return the b'tran bonus.

Last edited by fourxgamer; 11-14-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 192
11-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourxgamer View Post
I lost Foundry Clickers, Chart the B'tran, Doff recruitment packs.

I was given FA rewards of 1440 dil in return.

Now that is nerfed to 480?

I never did STF's and don't intend to, so some magical shell game with dil
between FA's and STF's doesn't do anything for me in the slightest.

I am simply out another 900+ dil per 20 minutes.

Stop giving and taking away. Return the FA's to 1440 or return the b'tran bonus.
just do as many FA's as you can befoer they patch it ...thats what im doing right now lol...i hit 8k cap in about 3 hours or so and will have enough for at least 3 more full days of refining......then again i probably shouldn't be saying this lol...i ENJOY the FA's now that we can actually GET IN ONE...before S7 it was nearly impossible to get into a FA like SB 24 or the minefields

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 193
11-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Thanks for listening to the community.

Reversing some of the changes shows you're not afraid to undo a mistake (whether you publicly spin it that way or not), which makes me more confident you will listen to community feedback again in the future.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...1986/faith.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 194
11-14-2012, 09:20 PM
No thanks.
I'm not gonna go rush and do as many FA's as I can before It's patched.

That's like saying, finish crocheting that afghan before we shoot you.
That way when you're dead, we can cover you in a nice afghan.
This is where I use my middle finger.
Starfleet Veteran
# 195
11-14-2012, 09:23 PM
What amazes me is how much players are thanking them, for giving just a tiny amount back that they already took. 1k Dilithium is nothing by comparison of what they took from us initially.

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Captain
# 196
11-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Eh... To all dilithium farmers, we lost big time after they nerfed the FA. I was angry they nerfed the STFs, but I was too emotional to stop and think things through... There is now no clear way to build up your dil stash in a reasonable time. All my hopes now rest in the dilithium prices falling to maximum minimum hehe .
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard

Fear the KDF!
Lieutenant
# 197
11-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Good. Thanks for making the right decision and fixing this.
Lt. Commander
# 198
11-14-2012, 09:40 PM
I wonder if the real reason things were re-altered was because of a very large drop-off of players in the game...

I was in New Romulas Tuesday evening around 9pm (EST) and there were only 2 instances, and the one I was in was very deserted...

Compared to the start of Season 6, when at the same hour, there were still people posting about having to wait in queues in order to log into the game...

Also, something very noticeable this time around, is the surprising lack of threads complaining about having to wait, to log in...

My guess is that Their Numbers, from the first 24 hours were a startling revelation of just how badly They miscalculated what the player base would put up with.

I have no proof, it's only a gut feeling...

But the game certainly did not seem anywhere near as crowded Tuesday evening, as it did the day Season 6 hit.
Career Officer
# 199 Dan, please explain....
11-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
Don't congratulate Cryptic for this. It's a PR stunt, and doesn't address the real problems. It seems to be successful as a number of folks are buying into it and forgiving Cryptic for all the other problems we now face.

I agree. On one aspect I am happy that they put dilithium back. But that's not good enough in my book. Elite STF dilithium has gone from 1400, 1100, to now 960 (after going to zero).

Dan, Please explain the mega price hike amount for DOFF's exchange. Sure I might agree they were 'under valued' but to go from 100 dilithium to 5000-6000 is again absurd considering you just said we average 3,100 in dilithium. Also Dan, I went to exchange because I (and many others) thought the C-store duty packs were over priced and never gave anything good.

Dan, please explain why you took STF loot away but yet you increased it in fleet actions.

Dan, please explain why items requiring dilithium are expensive.
Dan, please explain why Fleet actions were nerfed to a laughable 460-640 now. What happened to wanting to lure us back into fleets actions??
Dan, please explain why borg gear is purchased using dilithium instead of just plain omega marks--like before S7 you used Salvage, EDC's, and Proto tech to trade in.
Dan, please explain why crafting used to be fun until you added dilithium.

Dan, please explain why there still is a dilithium vacuum cleaner in the Omega, Romulan, Embassy, & everyone's favorite Starbase projects when we're averaging 3,100??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTAHL View Post
We reduced the amount of Dilithium required for Fleet Holding progression.
Dilithium requirements were reduced by 10% for Tier 4 Advancement Projects and 20% for Tier 5 Advancement Projects.
Cutting tier 4 (by 10%) & Tier 5 (by 20%) is a slap in the face. How about cutting all dilithium projects (including limited time ones) by 50%?? After all, you just said the 'average' dilithium is 3100 (less than half of the max 8,000) so why not adjust the Starbase dilithium requirements for the 'low income' peeps??

Dan, please explain how exactly you came up with the player average of refining dilithium is only 3100. What parameters he exactly used. Did he use just feds only? All players? Paid players only?
Did you use a player (like myself) who has 5 toons with only 4 of them averaging about 1880 dilithium a day and the main one does 8,000 max?? If we take 1880*4 + 8000 and average it--it comes out to 3100 vs account wide--I average 15000 a day with all 5 toons.

I'm a numbers guy "Dan".. Just show us the formula, criteria, and the results.. I don't think that is too hard to do..Is it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTAHL View Post
Refined Dilithium differs from energy credits because there is a maximum cap that can be obtained by any character per day of 8000 Refined Dilithium (9000 for 800 day subscription veterans or lifetime subscribers)
FYI 'Dan' --It's 9,000 every 3 days. Not to seem like it's 9,000 daily like your post suggests.
And technically 'Dan' it should be 9,000 everyday automatically without having to run it through a stupid DOFF assignment..
Empire Veteran
# 200
11-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
Awwww isnt this nice, finally a thread the feels like a warm fuzzy hug.

If only the community would pick up the pick forks and torches and go on a rampage about the lack KDF content/ships... then again good things come to those who wait and S8 might be the KDFs golden season
I've been waiting 3 years for that and to fight in the war the was proclaimed on the original site. Still no war and talks of a 3rd faction when the 2nd faction isn't even ironed out. Did i mention i'm still waiting to fight in this war? A physical zone. Only pathetic attempts thru a que system have been made. I could of cared less about the romulus zone and rep system. An actual PVP zone and equalization of the 2 factions would bring in the money they are looking for. But hey once again lets put things that we don't need and take away the resources we need to get it instead of working on the things that have plaqued this game since launch.
Closed Thread