Starfleet Veteran
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I feel as if the completion times for the reputation projects seem a little high.

Aside from dilithium, there's no real reason for me to do STFs more than a couple times a day since each individual project takes about a day and a half to finish.

I understand the fleet projects taking a day, but for the significantly reduced costs of the personal projects, the completion time should be shorter as well. Not so low that it's easy to upgrade reputation to max in a few weeks, of course, but certainly not make it so that it takes a few years.

Now, I don't want this to turn into the sort of thing where the players demand one thing after another and cryptic acquiesces. That's how WW2 started.
Rihannsu
# 2
11-15-2012, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtassadar View Post
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I feel as if the completion times for the reputation projects seem a little high.

Aside from dilithium, there's no real reason for me to do STFs more than a couple times a day since each individual project takes about a day and a half to finish.

I understand the fleet projects taking a day, but for the significantly reduced costs of the personal projects, the completion time should be shorter as well. Not so low that it's easy to upgrade reputation to max in a few weeks, of course, but certainly not make it so that it takes a few years.
Well, but then again, shorter times would make people feel that they absolutely need to do nothing but feed those projects every day, putting some grinding stress on some people. As it is now, you do it every two days, and then do other stuff. This also makes you do the Omega and Romulan Marks missions less often, so that you have more variety in your gaming experience.

Which was also the idea behind "no Dilithium for STFs", I think.

Quote:
Now, I don't want this to turn into the sort of thing where the players demand one thing after another and cryptic acquiesces. That's how WW2 started.
I am pretty sure Cryptic wasn't around in 1939.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
# 3
11-15-2012, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Well, but then again, shorter times would make people feel that they absolutely need to do nothing but feed those projects every day, putting some grinding stress on some people...
Yes, but for others, like me it means, i have no reason to log every day....
Rihannsu
# 4
11-15-2012, 12:26 AM
No reason to log in every day aside from Dilithium, Fleetmarks, and Energy Credits, you mean?

Hm, how about "having fun with playing a Star Trek MMORPG"?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-15-2012, 12:28 AM
They obviously plan on monetizing bypasses to the timers. It's the only rational explanation for these pointless, disgustingly long time gates.

They should have never added such a retarded system to the game. Whoever had this idea needs to be fired immediately.
Captain
# 6
11-15-2012, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Hm, how about "having fun with playing a Star Trek MMORPG"?
Remind me of your avatar tbh....
Commander
# 7
11-15-2012, 12:39 AM
i use to play 2 to 3 hours everyday vs watching tv after work. now with the cool down timer I have n o reason to stay on after dailys are done. I guess there are other games to play while I am waiting on the counter.
Career Officer
# 8
11-15-2012, 12:43 AM
i dont get why they did a rep system that is like the fleet base system why not have dun it like the diplo system you do mission!!!! but i guess that be to geart of a ide
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Commander
# 9
11-15-2012, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthrider View Post
They obviously plan on monetizing bypasses to the timers. It's the only rational explanation for these pointless, disgustingly long time gates.

They should have never added such a retarded system to the game. Whoever had this idea needs to be fired immediately.
They've added boosters to XP, Skill points, CXP, Fleet marks I'm kinda shocked they haven't added a booster to decrease the cool down of a project.

Maybe the next lockbox will have one.

I know I ran two Romulan missions and two STFs and that's all I needed to do my 4 projects. So I'm ignoring them for the next 30+ hrs.

Maybe it will be better for new folks when there are more faction projects but now with only 2 factions Its pretty weak.
Captain
# 10
11-15-2012, 01:58 AM
If you are only doing omega :

1 elite stf gives you 90 marks or 3 x project gate resources.

So that's 30 minutes for 1 week of reputation worth of time.

On the other hand they could have set the price for each project crazily high, at least they removed dilithium
It could have been a lot worse but I also so of feel prior to season 7 I could put in the work when I wanted to.
I never had a game tell me "you can't play right now" and I can't adjust my recreational time to fit their gates.

So my solution is most importantly to not consider the reputation system part of the actual gameplay but let it hang like a sideproject. While second I work on other stuffs like building zen for c-store items or helping out with the fleet.

Way I see the gates is a way to prolong content so we don't burn through it over a weekend fitted to suit the casuals.
If you play just 30-40 minutes you have omega marks for a week or two - then of course you can always just buy dil for zen for the actual items to keep up.

Ultimately it comes down if people are happy with it or not, I mean I've seen little talk about the actual items, are people looking forward to any of the unlocks ?