Starfleet Veteran
Just did Hive Ground Elite with the STF Raiders (Branflakes and the Dev Team know the caliber of these people) and we failed and left after an hour.

While we did beat it yesterday, tonight was a manslaughter with too many Borg 1-shot deaths (you can't heal people who are 1-shot). So while it was insanely too easy on Tribble, it was ramped up too much with the Live Build and really needs to be toned down.

Because at this rate, nobody will achieve the optional and be just another No Win Scenario.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Coming!
Captain
# 2
11-15-2012, 12:58 AM
Maybe those new STF elites (space and ground) are not supposed to be played with our current gear. Why would they introduce new and better gear (Omega and Romulan) if there wasn't some new fleet action / STF made to match the new gear? Something that is challenging even after you're maxed out? I imagine the "old" STF Elites will be quite easy then.
Ensign
# 3
11-18-2012, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szim View Post
Maybe those new STF elites (space and ground) are not supposed to be played with our current gear. Why would they introduce new and better gear (Omega and Romulan) if there wasn't some new fleet action / STF made to match the new gear? Something that is challenging even after you're maxed out? I imagine the "old" STF Elites will be quite easy then.
I guess that's a good point but then why not put an additional note such as not to be attempted without maxed out new gear or even restrict access to the elite until they have the maxed out gear and new abilities? Obviously this isn't what they meant to do so it says to me they've got the diff ramped up too high.
Captain
# 4
11-18-2012, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Just did Hive Ground Elite with the STF Raiders (Branflakes and the Dev Team know the caliber of these people) and we failed and left after an hour.

While we did beat it yesterday, tonight was a manslaughter with too many Borg 1-shot deaths (you can't heal people who are 1-shot). So while it was insanely too easy on Tribble, it was ramped up too much with the Live Build and really needs to be toned down.

Because at this rate, nobody will achieve the optional and be just another No Win Scenario.
I haven't tried it since tribble, so i dont know about its current difficulty, but wouldnt it be better to keep it difficult?

You can grind omega marks from the other stfs, let the 2 new ones be for challenge, if people go for the optional on the two new ones, its more for the sake of, 'YEAH! got the optional' rather than 'oo more marks'.

Just my opinion ^^'

What i mean is, want marks and easy optinals do the first 6stfs, want a challenge (including the evil 1hits) than marks do the new 2
Career Officer
# 5
11-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Be careful with saying 'nobody' cause we've got the optionals already for the second time.. last time was just like yesterday. I'll agree with you tho that its tough, it needs a good healer (i recommend 2 actually, but i've done it already healing alone..) and i wouldn't go pugging it
___
Tami, Leader of -FS-
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
11-21-2012, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
I haven't tried it since tribble, so i dont know about its current difficulty, but wouldnt it be better to keep it difficult?

You can grind omega marks from the other stfs, let the 2 new ones be for challenge, if people go for the optional on the two new ones, its more for the sake of, 'YEAH! got the optional' rather than 'oo more marks'.

Just my opinion ^^'

What i mean is, want marks and easy optinals do the first 6stfs, want a challenge (including the evil 1hits) than marks do the new 2
Didn't say anything about grinding Omega Marks, but I won't disagree about the challenge. But there is a difference between a good challenge and just mindlessly making mobs difficult to make it appear challenging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiiy View Post
Be careful with saying 'nobody' cause we've got the optionals already for the second time.. last time was just like yesterday. I'll agree with you tho that its tough, it needs a good healer (i recommend 2 actually, but i've done it already healing alone..) and i wouldn't go pugging it
That's the thing, if you need X ammount of Y Class to do a mission, then it's no longer fun.
NO to ARC!

Captain
# 7
11-22-2012, 02:59 PM
The STF is okay, you need a really good team to beat it.

My team was 2 sci healers, 2 debuffing engis and a tact that really can drop a target.

Its the Queen after all, if you just want an easy STF completable with random pugs just do ISE
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
11-22-2012, 08:46 PM
How about reading what I said, bub.

I never said anything about Enter the Hive's difficulty, except the cheap 1 shot mobs that really makes it hard to get the optional.

And sounds like without two healers, you wouldn't be able to get it either.
NO to ARC!