Ensign
I just finished downloading the new patch. I went to enter a ship battle, and get a giant cartoon OFFLINE hovering over my ship after getting attacked by a Breen cruiser. I really, really do not like this FX. How do I disable it, and others like it? (Since I'm sure there are other "system indicator" FX to go with it.)

If there isn't an option to disable it, then what files do I need to replace with a blank alpha map to disable it? That used to be the only way to get rid of the shield rings.
Lieutenant
# 2
11-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Seriously, whoever came up with that one needs to have their design portfolio reevaluated.
Career Officer
# 3
11-13-2012, 09:58 PM
I actually don't mind it. At least it tells me what's going on with my ship without turning it into a rainbow supernova.
Joined August 2008
Lieutenant
# 4
11-15-2012, 12:08 AM
Is their any way to disable that particular effect without just turning off everything? Or has anyone located the texture map for it?
Lieutenant
# 5
11-15-2012, 12:37 AM
Yes after doing some research, I found the folder. Do a search on your computer for "Cryptic Studios", double click on that....then find the folder called "Star Trek Online" and delete that bad boy...BAM! Problem solved!
Captain
# 6
11-15-2012, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbehlpnu2012 View Post
Yes after doing some research, I found the folder. Do a search on your computer for "Cryptic Studios", double click on that....then find the folder called "Star Trek Online" and delete that bad boy...BAM! Problem solved!
Oh ha ha...

The sad thing is that there are probably some here who after reading this, actually tried it, and are now having to download the whole game again...

Way to be a smartass...
I am of the opinion that Cryptic cannot because PWE will not...
Captain
# 7
11-15-2012, 12:59 AM
I like it.
Captain
# 8
11-15-2012, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
I like it.
I do as well
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Career Officer
# 9
11-15-2012, 01:10 AM
ya some like the red and blue coming out there ships butts i for one dont point is we should have the option to turn it off not get the come back reply i like this i dont like this

and if this thing the OP is like what they are talking about i for one will not like it
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-15-2012, 01:13 AM
Anyone got a picture for those of us that are too good to get disabled?
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound