Commander
# 21
11-15-2012, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
why the hell are private ques disabled? can i get a reason for this? we use those a lot!
that's my question, too. i don't really understand, what benefit they wait from this move. my fleet use that frequently, too. it's good for planned STF-s for Fed or KDF fleets, and necessary for FED and KDF mixed teams.
Empire Veteran
# 22
11-15-2012, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
why the hell are private ques disabled? can i get a reason for this? we use those a lot!
It's completely bugged. Maybe not for you yet, but many people experienced it, including myself and my fleetmates. It's been bugged for months at least, especially with cross-faction queues, but season 7 has made it even worse.
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
11-15-2012, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
It's completely bugged. Maybe not for you yet, but many people experienced it, including myself and my fleetmates. It's been bugged for months at least, especially with cross-faction queues, but season 7 has made it even worse.
Interesting. What kind of bugs?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Commander
# 24
11-15-2012, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
yeah i know that, sometimes 1 people drops out, but that's manageable with a restart. but so be it, disable private, fix it, and than make it available again.
Empire Veteran
# 25
11-15-2012, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Interesting. What kind of bugs?
If someone recieves multiples invites to the same queue, we can't start the queue since he can't accept the remaining invites. When a KDF enters a private pve queue, it can prevent any FED to join. I'm also unable to invite many people from my frendlist/fleet for unknown reasons, I see them blocking invites although they don't, since we've checked the privacy settings multiple times. Sometimes grouping them solves the issue but it's not always working. And sometimes, even if someone accepts a single invite from one person only, he'll be displayed like the invite was still pending. It took us 5-6 minutes to make a private arena cross-faction queue yesterday, between the necessity to logout, not working invites, people unable to join, the need to /unhide like they have to do after playing STFs, etc. That makes private queues horrible.
Lieutenant
# 26
11-15-2012, 03:13 AM
I wish Cryptic hadn't given in to all the complainers...

This change is a HUGE nerf to dil earning capabilties...
The changes that came with S7 merely shifted dil farming from STFs to fleet actions. STFs rewarding omega marks and BNPs was enough for me, both can be turned in for dil (though marks only at T5 rep). Yes, i preferred getting some tangible loot at the end of the STF, but some regular gear would have been sufficient..
Except for the removing of B'Tran (which was a double reward) and restrictions put on Investigate Officer Reports (which was exploited), both of which I understood, the amount of dil you could earn per hour was maintained in the S7 release, maybe even increased. With S7 it is possible to earn the same amount of dilithium in the same amount of time invested in the game (not counting foundry one-click/b'tran)..

With this change however, we will only be able to earn a little over half of what we were able to earn in the same amount of time before this patch, that includes both in S7 and pre-S7..
This change once again favors STFs for earning dil over any other missions since they will award the most dil in addition to BNPs and marks which can also be converted to dil.. so far the incentive for playing FAs..

so yes we get a dil reward for stfs... but at what cost..?
Empire Veteran
# 27
11-15-2012, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbalanke View Post
This change once again favors STFs for earning dil over any other missions since they will award the most dil in addition to BNPs and marks which can also be converted to dil.. so far the incentive for playing FAs..

Why do you want dilithium? To get equipement. Currently, you can also get equipement for ECs, including ships, and al you get from the exchange is now highly competitive, even for STFs, with the changes made on the [borg] proc. It's still Mk XI equipement but considering how easy STFs are, you could play them with Mk X white gear anyway.

So fleet actions are competitive. It's just not about dil, and now purple Mk XI stuff will be much cheaper, and will make dil optional if you're not a fanatic collector or completionist (but if it's the case the game shouldn't be based on your preference anyway). The loot you get from fleet actions are great, it's not dil but you don't need dil with those.
Starfleet Veteran
# 28 Best
11-15-2012, 03:34 AM
What ever happens it still the best game.
Career Officer
# 29
11-15-2012, 03:39 AM
The private queues thing is annoying, a whole week without being able to form an STF group, furthermore now we can't tell whose in the public queues we can't even arrange to me in a Public queue.

I realize that there are issues with the Private Queues, namely the aforementioned bugs and the new one where one has to change instance before the you can click start but I hope this isn't nixed for a whole full week. Pugs are ugly... I think I'll stick to KASE and ISE, though even they are less successful now you've made the invisible death torps even more frequent.
Commander
# 30
11-15-2012, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbalanke View Post

i don't see any problems there. dilithium is the currency to obtain end-game gear. it's logical, that it should be available through end-game content mostly. this ridiculous 1440D for dumb fleet actions like SB24 would completely screw up the dil market.
and they don't removed dil completely from fleet actions, only nerfed it, so you can still earn dil with those missions if you want.
Closed Thread