Empire Veteran
# 81
11-15-2012, 06:04 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
The whole command staff? Hardly. There were circles on both sides who did not want peace, but their personnel was so few that the very leader of the coup had to command the single B'rel they had...
SO very few!?! They had the Admiral in charge of the whole KDF fleet in the form of Chang and his staff that conspired with Star Fleet personel to assasinate the UFP President and High Chancellor. They had the resources to get assassins into Khitomer undetected, take a prototype Bird of Prey out of the KDF shipyards and use it and even where organized enough to have two regular SF personel act as assassins on the High Chancellors ship under the nose of Kirk on the SF flagship.
These were not the actions of a small ill-planned movement or cultish group of diletantes intent on complaint without action. These people where organized and well trained.

Quote:
As I wrote, if you believe J'mpok's decision to be wrong, challenge him for a duel.

(Wouldn't that be a cool feature in the game? The option to challenge the Chancellor for a melee fight that you cannot possibly win because he is just so awesome?)
Yes, it would be cool. The reasoning for the actions of the Empire seem like J'mpok has drunk the cool-aid of fed principles and believes that since the Empire has absorbed allies like the Gorn and Orion we must act like the federation example and become humanitarians instead of conquerers.

But mainly I just lament the poor inclusion of KDF gameplay into what is primarily a fed designed addition to the game and hope that Season 8 actually holds more for us and less mimicry of the federation because it makes the job easier.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 11-15-2012 at 06:15 AM.
Rihannsu
# 82
11-15-2012, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
SO very few!?! They had the Admiral in charge of the whole KDF fleet in the form of Chang and his staff that conspired with Star Fleet personel to assasinate the UFP President and High Chancellor. They had the resources to get assassins into Khitomer undetected, take a prototype Bird of Prey out of the KDF shipyards and use it and even where organized enough to have two regular SF personel act as assassins on the High Chancellors ship under the nose of Kirk on the SF flagship.
These were not the actions of a small ill-planned movement or cultish group of diletantes intent on complaint without action. These people where organized and well trained.
They were certainly professionals, on both sides. But hardly a sizable force, or there would have been not this strange plan, but a simple military coup on Qo'onos - and possibly, on Earth, too.

Quote:
Yes, it would be cool. The reasoning for the actions of the Empire seem like J'mpok has drunk the cool-aid of fed principles and believes that since the Empire has absorbed allies like the Gorn and Orion we must act like the federation example and become humanitarians instead of conquerers.
I have a toon who would like to explain to you that after having studied the history of a thousand species, one must come to the conclusion that the ancient Klingon political system and our very medieval attitude must improve if the Empire is to survive.

Quote:
But mainly I just lament the poor inclusion of KDF gameplay into what is primarily a fed designed addition to the game and hope that Season 8 actually holds more for us and less mimicry of the federation because it makes the job easier.
I would hope to see a resolution of the Fek'ihri mystery, in particular. Where are they from? Why do they return just now? That can hardly be a coincidence.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Empire Veteran
# 83
11-15-2012, 07:30 AM
[quote]
Quote:
They were certainly professionals, on both sides. But hardly a sizable force, or there would have been not this strange plan, but a simple military coup on Qo'onos - and possibly, on Earth, too.
Not true.
One does not just annouce a coup and attack whole Empires - you would lose versus the shear size of it.
One must prepare a "event" that causes the Empire to move to action. Having the Chancellor assassinated by the Federation while under a flag of truce and the guard of the SF flagship would be enough outrage to cause the EMpire to go to war, even in the shadow of the Praxis explosion.
The UFP President further being assassinated by a Klingon sniper would have firmly cemented the war into place.
Thier is no such thing as a simple military coup when you are involving Factions that span multiple systems.

Quote:
I have a toon who would like to explain to you that after having studied the history of a thousand species, one must come to the conclusion that the ancient Klingon political system and our very medieval attitude must improve if the Empire is to survive.
This ancient system has served us well and we are only percieved medieval if you compare us to other species like the humans on thier terms of what denotes a modern civilization.
Terms which differ from ours... we are not humans and do not need do as the humans do to survive and prosper.

Quote:
I would hope to see a resolution of the Fek'ihri mystery, in particular. Where are they from? Why do they return just now? That can hardly be a coincidence.
It was once rumored that the Iconians released them to sow chaos among the Empire.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 84
11-15-2012, 09:07 AM
Quote:
As I wrote, if you believe J'mpok's decision to be wrong, challenge him for a duel.
Roach! Challenge J'mpok for leadership of the Empire! I offer you a whole squadron! I refuse to let the Empire be assimilated by the Fed Collective!

Forgot to add, how many Feds think will respond to this post and act in an exact manner that will prove my point?

Feds just can't accept they are the baddies in this game. Quite literally they are brainwashed to what is really going on. They intrude into a civilization's space, assimilate entire cultures, destroy their identities and heritage and would rather avoid fighting than defend their citizens. No wonder the Marquis took pot shots at them and declared themselves independent. They are a brittle unity with many citizens actually apathetic towards them.

The Klingon Empire really is fighting for it's right to survive. All their traditions, values and heritage are at risk due to the arrogance of the Federation, their foreign policy makes them quite ignorant and actually tyrannical to some species. The KDF have a real and true purpose to fight and you cannot beat an enemy like that, not if they are fighting for their freedom and independence. Feds just can't accept the fault lies with themselves.

In short, Feds in this game can really be seen as Tyrants.

Really feel like this has gone completely off topic, so in an effort to get rails back on track if they want to add some unique stuff for season 8, not only finish the KDF faction, but add a lot more races to them and make them an opposing power block, really making an effort to show why and how there are TWO sides to a story. If it was up to me? Do some unique stuff with shuttles, give them an update, give KDF Marquis(Federation Separatists) as playable race and their Raider Class Fighters. Oh and make the Feds question if they are really fighting on right side, let them investigate and make up their own mind, as at the moment they seem and act almost like pawns of a bigger player (remember Undine really control a lot of starfleet, they have minimal control over KDF) Who knows, seeing a fractured unity might be the kick up the backside the Feds need.

Love to see Enterprise E vs Enterprise F, would make an interesting showdown

Last edited by vitzh; 11-15-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Captain
# 85
11-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
Feds just can't accept they are the baddies in this game. Quite literally they are brainwashed to what is really going on. They intrude into a civilization's space, assimilate entire cultures, destroy their identities and heritage and would rather avoid fighting than defend their citizens. No wonder the Marquis took pot shots at them and declared themselves independent. They are a brittle unity with many citizens actually apathetic towards them.

The Klingon Empire really is fighting for it's right to survive. All their traditions, values and heritage are at risk due to the arrogance of the Federation, their foreign policy makes them quite ignorant and actually tyrannical to some species. The KDF have a real and true purpose to fight and you cannot beat an enemy like that, not if they are fighting for their freedom and independence. Feds just can't accept the fault lies with themselves.

In short, Feds in this game can really be seen as Tyrants.

Really feel like this has gone completely off topic...
No doubt about the derail, but it's a good one and until Season 8 we really won't know if it's more glass beads and smallpox blankets, so here's the most epic Federation evisceration I've ever seen.