11-15-2012, 05:50 AM
they always find a way to nerf us no matter what in anything
Starfleet Veteran
# 273
11-15-2012, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirimuffin View Post
As I said on the blog just now:

Hey, DStahl, thanks for adding the STF rewards back, and for acknowledging that fun is more important than any sort of ivory-tower design intent. I liked what you said in your forum post: "we would rather you were having fun in Season 7 than worrying about the economy. We have enough of that to deal with in the real world." Exactly. You get it. Good on you, and I mean that most sincerely.

No, really, I can't overstate the degree to which this has restored my confidence in STO. Looking forward to playing for many years to come!

(Still not thrilled with the doff grinder cost, but eh, I can live with it. There are other, better ways to get blue/purple doffs anyway.)
Well stated and i agree 100%, TY for lisening to the comunity, most of us only fuss at times because we love this game and Star Trek, We know ya'll put alot of hard work and long hours in the game and we as player have as well and lots of money, and in todays economy that says alot,
Career Officer
# 274
11-15-2012, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxiii23 View Post
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...hlight=tinfoil

seeing all these thanks, i cannot help being stunned how easily they get away with this ...
removing all Dil and(!!!) loot ... coming back within one day saying "yeah sry, we listen to u players we will add it again"

*tinfoil head wrap mode on* ppl have warned, they ll do it to make u accept all the crappy changes *tinfoil head wrap mode off*

they added countless new dilithium sinks, ie:
- STF projects
- DOFF exchange/reassign
(remember the old dil costs for this? here is the new ones:

"The Dilithium cost associated with Reassignments has been increased:
White to Green: Now 500 Dilithium
Green to Blue: Now 2500 Dilithium
Blue to Purple: Now 5000 Dilithium")

so in short, gettin a proper amount of dil without playing 24/7 ... almost impossible now,
gettin proper gear (regular purple mk12 stuff) ... not possible anymore (at least in STFs),
gettin MACO or OMEGA gear, spend all ur money on dil and maybe,
gettin good purple DOFFs, spend all ur money on dil and maybe

WELL i am about to become a very casual player (if at all, maybe have a look at SWTOR), dont see why I should invest anymore time into this game
yep they take away ton increses cost a tone then give back a few ounces and say see we listened arnt you happy now and love us agian ????NO WE DO NOT WE HATE YOU AS MUCH AS YOU OBVIOUSELY HATE US YOU JERKWAD DSTHAL EAT CRAP N DIE
Lieutenant
# 275
11-15-2012, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxiii23 View Post
well lets stay with the reassignment for a moment, lets say i have all white doffs and i want to change into one purple, costs as follows:
white to green:
5 whites + 500 dil = 1 green
green to blue
5 greens + 2500 dill = 1 blue
blue to purple
5 blues + 5000 dill = 1 purple

5x5000 + 5x(2500) + 25x(500) = 50k dil

so one purple BOFF costing now 50k dilithium and 25 white boffs???
and at the same time reduce the amount of dil u can get drastically

PS: yeah there are ways to get good BOFFs but those are too random and seldom
we should force them to change that!
Lt. Commander
# 276
11-15-2012, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
It wasn't an easy decision by any stretch of the imagination and even though the Dilithium changes to remove STFs has been on TRIBBLE since the test weekend promo, it wasn't until we looked at the data today and saw that everyone had more Dilithium on average and still weren't happy - that I decided that the data driven approach was accomplishing the goal of giving players more Dilithium, but wasn't making some of our hardcore players happy at all.

As others have pointed out, this is a more balanced approach that may have implications for Dilithium exchange rates in the future (because there will be much more Dilithium in the economy) - but we want players having fun with the new Season 7 content - not worrying about how to get Dilithium.

So in other words - we stuck to our guns - left the change in - it accomplished exactly what we wanted it to (help players get more Dilithium) but that doesn't equal "fun" for the community. We needed to see the data after S7 launch in order to realize that players can have their cake and eat it too and the game will be ok.
Wow, Mr. Stahl... I know Executive Producers have big egos having worked for a video game company, ......but wow!

"let them eat cake....."
Starfleet Veteran
# 277
11-15-2012, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marielang View Post
yep they take away ton increses cost a tone then give back a few ounces and say see we listened arnt you happy now and love us agian ????NO WE DO NOT WE HATE YOU AS MUCH AS YOU OBVIOUSELY HATE US YOU JERKWAD DSTHAL EAT CRAP N DIE
No, WE don't ALL "hate" for this. There is some definite BS here, but this is one of the very first "olive branches" extended, and it's big on their part. Doesn't excuse a lot of the things they have done and, I'm certain, they'll continue to do, but credit where it's due is something that should be given here.

My suggestion, if you are so disgruntled, is to stop paying and/or stop playing. You are obviously overly emotionally and financially invested to be prompted to write such a rude and childish post.

"Hate," and "eat crap and die" is a little strong for something like a game, and there are some key points to Trek you seem to have missed.

Some advice? Learn some patience, some grace, and hire a spelling editor...

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)

Last edited by clannmac; 11-15-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Career Officer
# 278
11-15-2012, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marielang View Post
Whoa there. This is cray

I submit that asking Mr. Stahl to "eat crap and die" might be just a touch too srsbsns for STO. I get your passion but come on.
Career Officer
# 279
11-15-2012, 06:44 AM
Now if they could just sort the clusterf@&* of the doff grinder hyper-inflation then Dshtal might start getting some traction with his non-apology for this mess.
Captain
# 280
11-15-2012, 06:59 AM
Easy there fellas. I get it that this is a compromise, but please at least try to keep it civil.

Also, as Angel puts it on the Firehawk's lair mission in Borderlands 2 : "Dude, Ew!"
Closed Thread