Career Officer
# 21
11-14-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm running the Tac Vesta Class and as a Joined Trill Engineer, I love it. I do have some innate tanking with my character specs plus the accolades & 2 piece Borg set with MK XII MACO shield works nicely.

I did end up slotting the Lt. Cmd with a Tac for CRF2 for my Anti-Proton build. I'm still tweaking the setup though for better turn rate. Highest I've been able to make it is 25 degrees per second.
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
11-14-2012, 06:05 PM
When special shields are used the Nacelles don't have the shields texture. The same as the ring on the D'Kyr. It's especially evident when using the Reman set but no special shield works.
Republic Veteran
# 23
11-15-2012, 03:32 AM
I run the science version of the Vesta equiped as a tricobalt-bomber. Did 1st place in SB24 yesterday without any difficulties.

15k shields are nice too (Maco XII)
Career Officer
# 24
11-15-2012, 04:32 AM
Now have gotten used it, am finding it to be a very versatile ship!

Primarily using the tac version with my Tac officer and finding the DPS is more than adequate for me to hold my own. Found that having cannons on what is basically a cruiser took some getting used to though (I realise that the Excelsior can do this, but preferred beams on my Excelsior personally).

The special abilities are great, particularly the Quantum Shield - was great activating that in the Hive (space) just as a Borg uber-plasma disintergration ball was about to hit, then watching said uber-plasma disintergration ball pass right through my shield bubble, doing absollutely nothing! It's even better than the Ablative Armor on the Intrepid Retro!

Quantum Focused phaser is pretty good too, although not sure if it benefits from the Phaser Relay consoles or not, and it's not a lot of use against a shielded target; it only really comes into it's own in the same manner as the Galaxy-X phaser lance - when used once the enemy ship's shield are down. One also has to remember to slow their ship down when using it, since it fires a continuous beam straight ahead, and almost any deviation causes target loss.

MAY pop my sci officer in the Sci version. Hesitant to do so, since currently using the Wells class and I ADORE that ship, but guess it won't hurt to give it a (temporary) rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Rihannsu
# 25
11-15-2012, 06:00 AM
I still have mixed feelings, to be honest.

The versatility of this ship makes it good for every role, but there always will be another ship that will make the job done way better.

But I was aware of that. That's partially what I wanted for my PvE Fed Engi and Sci, whom I was sick of playing cruisers, carriers and sci ships, unable to deal any significant damage.

So right now I'm flying Sci in Aventine, with lt.cmdr. tactical, and Engi in Aventine as well, with lt.cmdr. engineering. The former I intended to be more of a DPS dealer with decent support or crowd control, while the latter was more of a team support tank, which would also be able to hold its own against, let's say, CSE raptors alone.

Yet... I feel like I'm struggling. No matter what weapon setup I'll pick I still seem to have issues dealing significant amount of damage, even with abilities such as CRF, CSV, TT, APB, EPTW etc. I even threw away the dual beam bank for a torpedo and it's still not the same as some of my other ships, often having similar weapon setups with way superior actual performance...

With 3x turrets aft, I've tried 1xDBB + 2x dual/quad cannons, 1xQuantum + 2x dual/quads, 1DBB + Quantum + Quad and I still barely manage to stop CSE raptors, which were for a long time my point of reference when it comes to dmg performance. I am able to take out everything in a manner of seconds in a Kar'Fi, with a lot of time to spare to damage the nanites, yet similar setup on Vesta is having issues for some reason. I mean, I do manage to deal with them alone, but it takes way more time than I would like.

Last thing to test is 3xD(H)C, although I'm afraid of significant power level drops, which I've noticed already even with EPTW and running 124/100 Weapon Power as default.

But outside of that I find the ship very enjoyable and versatile in other PvE content. If only the hangar pets could launch a little bit faster, like they do on other ships... They're pretty much useless at the moment - Peregrines die from enemy explosions instantly, while Runabouts have been nerfed so hard they're basically just there... I've seen them use their tractor beams maybe once or twice.
Lieutenant
# 26
11-15-2012, 06:08 AM
Im running the vesta sci variant on my borg engineer ,and it tanks like crazy. I also like drawing enough agro to get donatra mad and hit me with a torp spread just so i can use the graviton shielding,which also seems to knockback heavy torps as well

Last edited by mastergenera1; 11-15-2012 at 06:11 AM.
Survivor of Remus
# 27
11-15-2012, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
I still have mixed feelings, to be honest.

The versatility of this ship makes it good for every role, but there always will be another ship that will make the job done way better.

But I was aware of that. That's partially what I wanted for my PvE Fed Engi and Sci, whom I was sick of playing cruisers, carriers and sci ships, unable to deal any significant damage.

So right now I'm flying Sci in Aventine, with lt.cmdr. tactical, and Engi in Aventine as well, with lt.cmdr. engineering. The former I intended to be more of a DPS dealer with decent support or crowd control, while the latter was more of a team support tank, which would also be able to hold its own against, let's say, CSE raptors alone.

Yet... I feel like I'm struggling. No matter what weapon setup I'll pick I still seem to have issues dealing significant amount of damage, even with abilities such as CRF, CSV, TT, APB, EPTW etc. I even threw away the dual beam bank for a torpedo and it's still not the same as some of my other ships, often having similar weapon setups with way superior actual performance...

With 3x turrets aft, I've tried 1xDBB + 2x dual/quad cannons, 1xQuantum + 2x dual/quads, 1DBB + Quantum + Quad and I still barely manage to stop CSE raptors, which were for a long time my point of reference when it comes to dmg performance. I am able to take out everything in a manner of seconds in a Kar'Fi, with a lot of time to spare to damage the nanites, yet similar setup on Vesta is having issues for some reason. I mean, I do manage to deal with them alone, but it takes way more time than I would like.

Last thing to test is 3xD(H)C, although I'm afraid of significant power level drops, which I've noticed already even with EPTW and running 124/100 Weapon Power as default.

But outside of that I find the ship very enjoyable and versatile in other PvE content. If only the hangar pets could launch a little bit faster, like they do on other ships... They're pretty much useless at the moment - Peregrines die from enemy explosions instantly, while Runabouts have been nerfed so hard they're basically just there... I've seen them use their tractor beams maybe once or twice.

My only question is why are you using quad cannons...
Career Officer
# 28
11-15-2012, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack12c View Post
My only question is why are you using quad cannons...
I don't see why he shouldn't. Would imagine doing so spreads the power drain distribution a little, since the quads draw power from engines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Captain
# 29
11-15-2012, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
I don't see why he shouldn't. Would imagine doing so spreads the power drain distribution a little, since the quads draw power from engines.
Normal Energy Weapons are dependent on weapon power level for their damage and drain it when fired.

Quad Cannons are dependent on weapon power level for damage and drain both it and engine power when fired.

Auxillary Dual Heavy cannons are influenced solely by your Auxillary Power level and drain it when fired.

Suaveks, try using 3 Auxillary dual heavy cannons up front and a pair of tricobalt mines in back with the following tactical abilities: 2 Tac Team, Cannon Scatter Volley 1, Cannon Scatter Volley 2, and Dispersal Pattern: Beta 1. Use a tractor beam to immobilize the raptor then punch a hole in its shields while deploying the mines. Grav Well multiple raptors and them mine the middle of them. You should have little trouble crushing the tenacious buggers, even if you aren't specced heavily into Projectile weapons.
Captain
# 30
11-15-2012, 07:13 AM
You can run three of the aux cannons and see no real appreciable drain, even when it comes to your heals/aux-dependent abilities, simply because you have so little else firing at the same time.

I've thrown two turrets and a chron mine (you could really just go all mines but they have CD issues) in the back and it's spiffy.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples