Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 41
11-15-2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
Any thought on Assistant Coaches?
Yeah, much will depend on how many students will sign up. We won't know this until mid-December. If we have so many students that I need all coaches to take their own groups, then it is likely that only a few groups will be team taught (i.e., coach and asst. coach). But if we have a small enough group of students that I can assign one asst to each coach then we will run with that configuration. Like I said, much will depend on how many sign up mid-late December.

Also, if we have enough people, we will likely have one or two advanced classes, for people who know the basics but want to take their games up to the next level. Thanks for asking.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Rihannsu
# 42
11-15-2012, 07:17 AM
I would be most interested in having a group of 10 players with two coaches. This way the coaches can observe n coach, while the teams can focus on executing certain maneuvers.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Empire Veteran
# 43
11-15-2012, 07:31 AM
CST (-6/US)

Wend/Sat are perfect days for me since they are my regular days off during the week. Albeit, any day is good since I work early AM, as you know.

Did you talk to Sibok? I'd imagine he will be available unless he has holiday plans.

I've mostly played a healer the last year and half so that would likely be my strongest area, and despite common believe, I'm pretty good on a tact ;0

Sci/Sci Varanus/hold/disable/debuff - crazy effective setup if a tact times his alpha with you. Somewhat weak but with a good team it doesn't matter.
Sci/Sci Temporal Science/Playing with some ideas.
Sci/Sci Orb Weaver - Healer DPS/Healer torp setup that is fun in team or pugging.

Eng/Free-Bortas - Oddly geared but crazy tanky DPS/healer ... crazy fun to Q with.
Eng/Marauder FDC - Healer
Eng/Recluse - Hax healer

Tact/Bug - DPS
Tact/Bop - playing with some aux2batt ideas ATM

Tact/Defiant - least played toon but not a completely useless team ship.
Eng/Exploration - healer
Eng/Star Cruiser - healer
Sci/Intrepid - CC

Overall most of my characters are fairly well developed as far as worth in PVP.
-X-/Pandas - Pheo

Last edited by xtremenoob1; 11-15-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Captain
# 44
11-15-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremenoob1 View Post
CST (-6/US)

Wend/Sat are perfect days for me since they are my regular days off during the week. Albeit, any day is good since I work early AM, as you know.

Did you talk to Sibok? I'd imagine he will be available unless he has holiday plans.

I've mostly played a healer the last year and half so that would likely be my strongest area, and despite common believe, I'm pretty good on a tact ;0

Sci/Sci Varanus/hold/disable/debuff - crazy effective setup if a tact times his alpha with you. Somewhat weak but with a good team it doesn't matter.
Sci/Sci Temporal Science/Playing with some ideas.
Sci/Sci Orb Weaver - Healer

Eng/Free-Bortas - Unique DPS/healer and is crazy fun to Q with.
Eng/Marauder FDC - Healer
Eng/Recluse - Hax healer

Tact/Bug - DPS
Tact/Bop - playing with some aux2batt ideas ATM

Tact/Defiant - least played toon but not a completely useless team ship.
Eng/Exploration - healer
Eng/Star Cruiser - healer
Sci/Intrepid - CC

Overall most of my characters are fairly well developed as far as worth in PVP.
I have been trying to contact Sibok for a few days to talk about a few related things but we always seem to be on at different times. I will try to send him an ingame note to see when he is normally on. And thanks for detailing your expertise here. And hey, I have been on the other end of those tactical cannons and know that there ain't no noob behind them!

Sargon

@gradstudent1
Captain
# 45
11-15-2012, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
I would be most interested in having a group of 10 players with two coaches. This way the coaches can observe n coach, while the teams can focus on executing certain maneuvers.
This was exactly my thought too havam. I just think that having two sets of eyes on the students will ultimately benefit them more in the long run.

@gradstudent1
Rihannsu
# 46
11-15-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
This was exactly my thought too havam. I just think that having two sets of eyes on the students will ultimately benefit them more in the long run.
Yup, but without private challenges that won't work anymore.

Thank you Cryptic!
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 47
11-15-2012, 07:39 AM
Also remember - if you need a quality demo record I need to be an observer

As soon as I can launch S7 .... I would appreciate it as well is the coaches could invite me to their bridge so I can grab their primary character's costume through Demo Record.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 11-15-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Captain
# 48
11-15-2012, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Also remember - if you need a quality demo record I need to be an observer

As soon as I can launch S7 .... I would appreciate it as well is the coaches could invite me to their bridge so I can grab their primary character's costume through Demo Record.
Time to put on my best pink pyjama uniform

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Survivor of Remus
# 49
11-15-2012, 07:56 AM
Just making sure for this pvp training we aren't going to have someone running around with duel TCD and a DPB right lol. Also the guys I was playing with are fairly new to pvp and would like to set up a match with you. They don't do much FvK other then kar'ret so yeah if we can get a date for that would be nice an good pre session pvp
Directed at gradstudent

Last edited by wolfpack12c; 11-15-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Captain
# 50
11-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack12c View Post
Just making sure for this pvp training we aren't going to have someone running around with duel TCD and a DPB right lol. Also the guys I was playing with are fairly new to pvp and would like to set up a match with you. They don't do much FvK other then kar'ret so yeah if we can get a date for that would be nice an good pre session pvp
Directed at gradstudent
Hey, this would be really fun wolfpack12c. I have to attend a conference until Tuesday, but after that, maybe on the weekend, we could set something up. Would you mind sending me a reminder email in game on Wednesday or Thurs and I will talk to some fleetmates to see if they are up for it. Thanks for asking.

@gradstudent1