Captain
# 11
11-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gong1fu1panda View Post
Good other stuff? I could have had 10 Mark XII gadgets.
Sad to inform you, no "good other stuff". You sure won't be able to get 10 Mk XII items from the omega marks, Borg neural processors and little dilithium you'll get.

From 12 proto salvage, for example, you'd get less than 4 000 dilithium. For one Mk XII borg weapon under new system, you have to spend upwards of 10 000 dilithium, AFTER you actually unlock the option to buy it by participating in the rep. system...

Just find another game...
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Lieutenant
# 12
11-15-2012, 07:45 AM
Don't troll. Its not that bad. Yes, you won't be able to do just one thing to get them. But you can get them.
Captain
# 13
11-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptdmil421 View Post
Don't troll. Its not that bad. Yes, you won't be able to do just one thing to get them. But you can get them.
I can pay for them, not get them.

And yes, it's that bad for me. Trying to outfit every existing type of ship on every type of character required lots of salvage and techs. But hey, I was getting that salvage and tech by playing. Not anymore.

EDIT: Also, was anything I wrote inaccurate? I transfered one toon with 12 proto salvage and more rare salvage, some rare and proto techs and a couple hundred EDCs to Tribble and got a totality of 4 000 dilithium, 15 BNPs and a couple thousand Omega marks. Thing is, marks and BNP generation is not so hard-capped as dilithium earning. (Btw, got about two dozen Mk XII and XI weapons plus over 50k dilithium for all that before Season 7 hit Holodeck, on that one toon.)

Last edited by toiva; 11-15-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Lieutenant
# 14
11-15-2012, 10:45 AM
With the changes they made today to the dilithium rewards, part of your argument has been invalidated. And if you wanted to convert your items to gear, you should have done it before Tuesday.

Now you get to deal with the new system. If you don't have enough to get what you could have gotten, that's no one's fault but your own. Tribble was there to test ahead of time.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-15-2012, 12:44 PM
They said prior to release that they would compensate players who have already played stfs in a fair way. Now I am no longer sure.
Captain
# 16
11-15-2012, 12:53 PM
would have been smarter to get dilithium before the patch but, you didn't lose a lot.
Go pro or go home
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-15-2012, 06:28 PM
And this is why I hurriedly sold off all my chips, rare, and prototype materials. I ain't paying to access what I already earned!
"Susse-thrai" had been the name bestowed upon her, half in anger, half in affection, by her old crew on Bloodwing; the keen-nosed, cranky, wily old she-beast, never less dangerous than when you thought her defenseless, and always growing new teeth far back in her throat to replace the old ones broken in biting out the last foe's heart.
Romulans: left one homeworld, lost another, third time's the charm?
Lieutenant
# 18
11-16-2012, 08:54 AM
I'm not going to say they gave "enough" or "fair value" for the materials you had. But you had the chance to determine if it was worth converting or using under the old system. Based on that, you now get to drink from the cup you chose.
Captain
# 19
11-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Hey, I said I did exchange what I got before Season 7 hit. But I'll need more. I got newer toons I didn't yet have time to outfit. And it will be much harder and more expensive under the new system.

I played as much as I could before this season to get as much reserves as I could, but it was clear I couldn't outfit every toon for every ship I have or intend to get. Not even if they pushed New Romulus to January I would have enough time.

Also, if I actually were to complete this mission of mine to try out every ship type with every character type and possible builds, I would have little reason to stay and play. What they achieved is I'll have to grind more and just give up for boredom (I'll have to spend far too much time trying to accumulate dil for the new ship and equipment).

Career Officer
# 20
11-17-2012, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gong1fu1panda View Post
Before Season 7 started I had lots of Mark XII requistions that I have not turned into Mark XII gears. Now after Season 7 they are all gone. Where are they? All I have is that Omega crate that I can open once I reach tier 3. Have those Mark XII requisitions turned into Omega credits or what happened?
all your stuff is in crate you get a surprise in tier 3