Captain
# 11
11-15-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
The issue is that this pricing would mean that it costs, effectively, 1600 zen at current Dilithium exchange values to outfit a single character with a single STF space set. (252,000 dilithium).
and we thought the character unlock fleet ships were expensive...
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
The issue is that this pricing would mean that it costs, effectively, 1600 zen at current Dilithium exchange values to outfit a single character with a single STF space set. (252,000 dilithium).

On top of this, you actually have to work to unlock T5 > then earn more dilithium > to unlock the store > to then shop in it at those prices.

You clearly seemed to have missed it completely in the original post, so I'll post it here for you again:

Borticus gave us very specific prices for MK XII, and those prices were not 84,000 dilithium per peice.

I hope that is clearly visible to you this time around.

The purpose of this thread is to get a decisive answer on whether Borticus' pricing is still in effect or if once again we have been told one thing only to have the pricing become something else upon launch.

That something else, by the way, is a nearly two hundred and fifty percent increase in cost.

Surely you must understand that when new content is being developed that what the devs say and what is on Tribble is subject to change? Hell, even things that are on Holodeck are subject to change!!

A dev could say that we're going to be able to fly the yellow submarine and that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to happen. Why? Things are subject to change.

As such, Borticus may have said that you could buy the entire Borg set for 3 Cannibal Tribbles but that doesn't make it gospel fact that it's going to happen.
Captain
# 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
You need to understand that for most people, they have jobs and play for fun. There needs to be a balance and not just cater to the elite bunch that complain and whine more than anyone else.
Then spend $10 dollars, convert it to dilithium, and quit complaining. If you think a f2p game is going to hand over the best gear in the game to casual players who don't want to drop a dime, you need to lay off the drugs. That might be a reasonable expectation for a subscription game, but not a f2p.

Last edited by xantris; 11-15-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Lieutenant
# 14
11-15-2012, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Then spend $10 dollars, convert it to do dilithium, and quit complaining. If you think a f2p game is going to hand over the best gear in the game to casual players who don't want to drop a dime, you need to lay off the drugs. That might be a reasonable expectation for a subscription game, but not a f2p.
The only people getting high here are the executives laughing at us, high on arrogance and superiority.

I've dropped a tone of cash on this game. This justifies me being pissed every time they change the core of how the game functions. A little change here and there is expected. This is catastrophic and will forever alter the flavor and style of game play.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
11-15-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensorghost View Post
The only people getting high here are the executives laughing at us, high on arrogance and superiority.

I've dropped a tone of cash on this game. This justifies me being pissed every time they change the core of how the game functions. A little change here and there is expected. This is catastrophic and will forever alter the flavor and style of game play.
A game that doesn't change or evolve dies.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-15-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote by Borticus

you're overlooking Borticus's most important piece of information in his post!

** all of the above is subject to change!
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-15-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
A game that doesn't change or evolve dies.
And what should be done, then, with a game that "devolves" into a financial vampire ?
Lieutenant
# 18
11-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malnificent View Post
Quote by Borticus

you're overlooking Borticus's most important piece of information in his post!

** all of the above is subject to change!

Well its time for him to come out and redefine the projected changes that are subject to further change. What they fail to remember I fear is that the player base is also subject to change, alter the game so much players no longer enjoy the over abundance of resource black holes, they leave.
Captain
# 19
11-15-2012, 08:53 AM
the main problem here is the misleading they have done.

sure yeah, adding "its all subject to change" covers their asses but they wait until it goes LIVE after being on a "testing server" for a month, to jack up the cost.

that i thought was called "bait and switch".
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
11-15-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvlar View Post
And what should be done, then, with a game that "devolves" into a financial vampire ?
What happens? Simple. Each player makes their own decision as to whether they stay or go. You're not bound to play this game. There are other games out there, in addition to real life. People on this forum are behaving as if they'll die if the game isn't to their liking.

Newsflash!! You won't die, people!!