Captain
# 31
11-15-2012, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
You can run three of the aux cannons and see no real appreciable drain, even when it comes to your heals/aux-dependent abilities, simply because you have so little else firing at the same time.

I've thrown two turrets and a chron mine (you could really just go all mines but they have CD issues) in the back and it's spiffy.
Is the rurn rate and dmg output worthwhile to jusitfy the use of 3 aux cannons? Wouldnt it be better to use lets say 2 aux cannons and 1 torp?
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Rihannsu
# 32
11-15-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack12c View Post
My only question is why are you using quad cannons...
Because I like the way they look and sound.

And I don't like paying another 10,000 dilithium for a Fleet weapon.

Which I did anyway... as during my tests I decided to throw the Quads away. I'll stick with them on my Defiant for now.

As for Aux Cannons - I don't see their appeal honestly, outside of the fact that they use Aux. I'm not running pure sci and I'd like more flexibility than just accx2 and dmg mods.

Mines I never really liked outside of very specific situations, but I may be tempted to check how they work in this case. Lots of room for experimentation, which I like. First though I'll try a full 3x dual cannon and 3x turret run, without any torps or beams. I'm using something similar on a Kar'Fi (the 4th weapon there is Bio-Neural torp, but it's 1min cd) and it's a monster, but at the same time Kar'Fi is OP like hell. ;p
Captain
# 33
11-15-2012, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
Is the rurn rate and dmg output worthwhile to jusitfy the use of 3 aux cannons? Wouldnt it be better to use lets say 2 aux cannons and 1 torp?
Well at two cannons you're going to struggle to bring down a facing to let said torp off into. I could be a little biased here (because I flew the Excel for so long in my earlier days) but the Besta's turn is actually kinda sick, and you have to remember that in the end, you're in a Sci boat: your raison d'etre is crippling people at the knees so they can't move. If you can't turn fast enough, make it so other people turn a hell of a lot slower.

I would say you could definitely make an all-torp Besta work, though. That's the thing: like someone else just said, the ship is ridiculously adaptable because of just how much crap was packed onto it.

Also an interesting note for anyone using the Tac variant's toy console: it weirdly scales completely off of aux power and Particle Gen, even though it seems like just a phaser lance. This applies even if you're not using any aux cannons.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
# 34
11-15-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Also an interesting note for anyone using the Tac variant's toy console: it weirdly scales completely off of aux power and Particle Gen, even though it seems like just a phaser lance. This applies even if you're not using any aux cannons.
Thought you needed a beam array to fire of that phaser lance or will cannons do?

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Captain
# 35
11-15-2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
Thought you needed a beam array to fire of that phaser lance or will cannons do?
I thought at first it was going to be some kind of weapon (like quads or a bio-neural) or maybe even an innate, but basically it's just a console and if you have it slotted, you get the lance ability. I should also probably note that it's a DoT and that an opponent can break it off if they move out of its arc.

It doesn't seem to have any additional requirements from what I can tell.

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
# 36
11-15-2012, 08:09 AM
Quote:
I thought at first it was going to be some kind of weapon (like quads or a bio-neural) or maybe even an innate, but basically it's just a console and if you have it slotted, you get the lance ability. I should also probably note that it's a DoT and that an opponent can break it off if they move out of its arc.

So a shooter beam in space... my my Cryptic are getting creative.

Career Officer
# 37
11-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:

Does it benefit from phaser relay console(s)?

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 38
11-15-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
I'll take a look once the server's back up and edit this post, if I remember rightly the answer is yes, it does.

Career Officer
# 39
11-15-2012, 08:49 AM
I ended up using my Graviton Pulse Generator on the Tac Vesta Class and wow...

I always play my science ships for crowd control and heals... this ship now adds some DPS on it.
Rihannsu
# 40
11-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Think so. With 125 Aux and four rare relays mk xi I ended up with over 4000 dmg per sec.