Lieutenant
# 51
11-15-2012, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderleon1 View Post
at least its 2 hours instead of 2 days
If they went by the book, hours would seem like days.
Lieutenant
# 52
11-15-2012, 07:53 AM
Ok,

I was just hoping that the steam starter pack I downloaded from steam lastnight wasn't goin cause more problems
Lieutenant
# 53
11-15-2012, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickskynight View Post
If they went by the book, hours would seem like days.
Hours instead of days. Now we have minutes instead of hours...
Captain Steven "Sarge" DePoe, Senior Captain, Aurcanis Star Operations; CO USS Leyte Gulf
Captain Marida Harper, Co-Director 5th Armored Division; CO USS Infinity
Captain Gurrat Reen, member MACO 7th Fleet, CO USS Milwaukee
Commander Korn, General, House MeQ'pu'yay 7th KAG
Lieutenant
# 54
11-15-2012, 07:56 AM
It's also very odd that they would put out season 7 at almost the same time SWTOR is going F2P this week.

Today in fact in about 2.5 hours from now CST at around 1PM CST
Lieutenant
# 55
11-15-2012, 07:58 AM
Time for a break until private queues are back.

No offense cryptic... but putting attention into loading screens and a new UI for PvE which previously worked (more or less) and not fixing the core stuff... is a fail in my book.
Just don't fix something that already works. Besides .. that stuff was pointed to you on tribble countless times.

Congrats for New Romulan Map. I actually explored it thoroughly finding the accolades.
About the missions , a few don't make sense like
-the reports only available during alerts = fail.
-going solo will finish in failure on the timed missions = fail

Azure Nebula
- a good team can have those ships liberated pretty fast, but waiting for the next ones for 2 minutes to spawn in a timed mission ?! = fail

Into The hive Ground
-Forcing cinematics to play while the borg attacks or the floors are going electrical ?! = fail

Into The hive space
-having the Queen doing 150k damage to players out of 10km range with an unknown ability = fail

Space STF's
-having the Cubes doing 50k+ damage to players out of 10km range with invisible weapons = fail.
I understand challenging, but as it is ... its just ridiculous. The applied damage is way ahead of the actual torpedo hitting the ship, leading to situations where a player is even 20km away and blows up for no apparent reason.

SFA General Doff Recruitment = Fail
Doff grinder : As pointed above, 1 Purple would cost ~50k dil = fail

Private Queue down = Fail

Foundry Down = fail
Career Officer
# 56
11-15-2012, 08:00 AM
In regards to the loss of DIl in STF it was killing STFs. The player base dried up. You could not get into an elite match to save your life, and people refused to do anything but ISE because of time vs reward.

Another problem with the private que was that if one person was not in sector space it would not launch.
Lieutenant
# 57
11-15-2012, 08:03 AM
Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: Look, Mr. Scott, I'd love to explain everything to you, but the Captain wants this spectrographic analysis done by 1300 hours.
[La Forge goes back to work; Scotty follows slowly]
Scotty: Do you mind a little advice? Starfleet captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. But the secret is to give them only what they need, not what they want.
Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: Yeah, well, I told the Captain I'd have this analysis done in an hour.
Scotty: How long will it really take?
Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: An hour!
Scotty: Oh, you didn't tell him how long it would *really* take, did ya?
Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: Well, of course I did.
Scotty: Oh, laddie. You've got a lot to learn if you want people to think of you as a miracle worker.

Last edited by sniper1187; 11-15-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 58
11-15-2012, 08:09 AM
they only bringing the private pvp down because they are too scared of people inviting them to pvp to whip them in it and calling the pvp "into the hive of cryptic/pwe" and they love nerfing anything they seem fitting to nerf
Career Officer
# 59
11-15-2012, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaomega1500 View Post
It's also very odd that they would put out season 7 at almost the same time SWTOR is going F2P this week.

Today in fact in about 2.5 hours from now CST at around 1PM CST
How is it odd? They'd want fresh new shiny content for STO to keep their players from hopping over to SWTOR. Today's downtime is purely because of the backlash caused by Cryptic/PWE's own greed in removing dil from STFs , so is their own fault.
----
Career Officer
# 60
11-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
They should...

* make a pass over NR to fix all the holes, clipping and bad BOFF path-finding.

* fix all the video related issues. Obviously there is something in use under the hood that the drivers do NOT tolerate.

* put the dilith rewards in for all grind maps, minimum 512, max 1024.

* Adjust the time from 1.5 days to 16 hours/24 hours per assignment for the rep system.

* Provide a way in game to earn Embassy Supplies.

* Reduce or eliminate DOFF-procurement costs.

Lots of new games launching this time of year. Many existing games are also releasing major changes and updates. STO, you need to wake up and stop alienating your playerbase before you destroy everything.
^^^ Pay attention to that, Dev's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper1187 View Post
Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: Look, Mr. Scott, I'd love to explain everything to you, but the Captain wants this spectrographic analysis done by 1300 hours.
[La Forge goes back to work; Scotty follows slowly]
Scotty: Do you mind a little advice? Starfleet captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. But the secret is to give them only what they need, not what they want.
Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: Yeah, well, I told the Captain I'd have this analysis done in an hour.
Scotty: How long will it really take?
Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: An hour!
Scotty: Oh, you didn't tell him how long it would *really* take, did ya?
Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: Well, of course I did.
Scotty: Oh, laddie. You've got a lot to learn if you want people to think of you as a miracle worker.
One of the best TNG episodes in my opinion.
Closed Thread