Ensign
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 7
# 1 Fed 0- KDF 15
11-15-2012, 07:52 AM
I played around 15-20 pvp games over the last few days before and after the update. Ive not played pvp for a long while due to how much it used to frustrate me and upon returning to pvp i remembered why i found it so infuriating.

im aware lots of people rant about things in the game that wont ever change but, the purpose of my post it more to find out if i am sharing the same thoughts as most people out there both fed and kdf.

Each game i played (not including the last game i played) the game ended 0-15 with the klingons winning in around 3-4 minutes. I understand they need the cloak, i am a huge fan of star trek and would not see the klingons any other way, baring in mind i also have 4 klingons characters. The cloak must stay, however, in the last game i played it was four fed players vs 5 klingons. the klingons played poorly as a team and the score came to 5-0 to the feds.

4 of the klingons quit, the last one cloaked and stayed cloaked for more than 10 minutes until we all quit.

its just a bad joke, the second we do well and star to win, they just cloak and hide

does anyone grap mask energy signature just so they can do the same thing?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,395
# 2
11-15-2012, 08:00 AM
There are lots of science ships Fedside that can break a Klink's cloak, in an AoE no less. This is even easier if you know just where they cloaked.

I don't think the game you're speaking of had much to do with Klinks/Feds, probably far more to do with terrible players who were used to facerolling and lost interest the minute they had to exert themselves.

I've seen it happen a lot with people in the siphon clownfish when I bring out my anti-spam repellent

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,730
# 3
11-15-2012, 08:01 AM
That guy was a loser.

Most Klingons won't play that way. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.


Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 852
# 4
11-15-2012, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
There are lots of science ships Fedside that can break a Klink's cloak, in an AoE no less. This is even easier if you know just where they cloaked.

I don't think the game you're speaking of had much to do with Klinks/Feds, probably far more to do with terrible players who were used to facerolling and lost interest the minute they had to exert themselves.

I've seen it happen a lot with people in the siphon clownfish when I bring out my anti-spam repellent
I've always found it to be very satisfying to simply remove a siphon carrier from combat and let my TBRs continuously kill the replacement drones as they vainly try to re-exert their influence on the match. Yeah, sucks to be neutered doesn't it siphon pilots?
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Ensign
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 7
# 5
11-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
There are lots of science ships Fedside that can break a Klink's cloak, in an AoE no less. This is even easier if you know just where they cloaked.

I don't think the game you're speaking of had much to do with Klinks/Feds, probably far more to do with terrible players who were used to facerolling and lost interest the minute they had to exert themselves.

I've seen it happen a lot with people in the siphon clownfish when I bring out my anti-spam repellent
yeh youre right, im aware there is AoE cloak detection and attack patterns which reduce stealth etc etc. im in a oddyssey cruiser and they are in a bop, they flew away really fast and i even had my impulse drive console thingy from the gladius inserted. i kept up for a while but once they get away they simply cloak and hide anywhere on the map. even if i caught them and killed them once they respawn they can just cloak and hide anywhere on the huge map. there isnt a single thing you can do if a klingon player wants to cloak and avoid confrontation.

i have to disagree, while im not saying all klingon players do this, i know for a fact that they do not because i play klingons. if i was the last player i wouldnt charge in i would use jungle warfare tactics, hit and run (and probably lose) but i wouldnt just hide.

feds losing 15-0 over and over though, thats also an issue that im complaining about i just wanted to know if this has been experienced by anyone else...the majority of games going to the klingons.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 499
# 6
11-15-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinal3131 View Post
yeh youre right, im aware there is AoE cloak detection and attack patterns which reduce stealth etc etc. im in a oddyssey cruiser and they are in a bop, they flew away really fast and i even had my impulse drive console thingy from the gladius inserted. i kept up for a while but once they get away they simply cloak and hide anywhere on the map. even if i caught them and killed them once they respawn they can just cloak and hide anywhere on the huge map. there isnt a single thing you can do if a klingon player wants to cloak and avoid confrontation.

i have to disagree, while im not saying all klingon players do this, i know for a fact that they do not because i play klingons. if i was the last player i wouldnt charge in i would use jungle warfare tactics, hit and run (and probably lose) but i wouldnt just hide.

feds losing 15-0 over and over though, thats also an issue that im complaining about i just wanted to know if this has been experienced by anyone else...the majority of games going to the klingons.
As a mostly KDF Q'er, feds have a huge amount of afkers and suicide runners, atm. It's absolutely abhorrent that this is allowed, has been allowed, and remains to be allowed.

That said, you could always try to get a group of carebears rolling and you may have more fun. If you have teamspeak, I can give you our info and you can team fed side with us sometime, if you would like. It's a completely different experience with some good scis/healers against knotheads ;p
-X-/Pandas - Pheo
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 852
# 7
11-15-2012, 08:19 AM
This is an often-discussed topic. The truth of the matter is, when you see this happening over and over, that you have been unlucky enough to get teamed with terribad PUGs. The Feds simply have more of them because there are more fed players in general. It happens to the Klinks too (bad PUG groups), just not as often because there are fewer of them to begin with. You are almost always gonna get at least 1 or 2 KDF teammates that you have flown with before or at least trust enough to make good decisions. In STO, 1 or 2 good teammates against a bad PUG group is enough to swing the battle the way you describe.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Ensign
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 7
# 8
11-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Thanks, yeh i have teamspeak.

ill take you up on that offer. its getting depressing losing every battle.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,228
# 9
11-15-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonfl View Post
This is an often-discussed topic. The truth of the matter is, when you see this happening over and over, that you have been unlucky enough to get teamed with terribad PUGs. The Feds simply have more of them because there are more fed players in general. It happens to the Klinks too (bad PUG groups), just not as often because there are fewer of them to begin with. You are almost always gonna get at least 1 or 2 KDF teammates that you have flown with before or at least trust enough to make good decisions. In STO, 1 or 2 good teammates against a bad PUG group is enough to swing the battle the way you describe.
This is so true - the number of times I join a KDF pug and instantly know 2 - 3 regulars is pretty common.

We know each other strengths and weaknesses, the latter of which I have many (Its almost rule of thumb "Qapla' warriors! All mass heal Krotar!!!"

Also most of the really great PvP enthusiasts gravitate towards the KDF because of its challenge.

But mostly, our Orion chicks are hot...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,395
# 10
11-15-2012, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonfl View Post
I've always found it to be very satisfying to simply remove a siphon carrier from combat and let my TBRs continuously kill the replacement drones as they vainly try to re-exert their influence on the match. Yeah, sucks to be neutered doesn't it siphon pilots?
It's funny because 99.9% of them have absolutely jack squat in the way of threat or anything other than their siphons, and the Kar'fi isn't the most durable ship in the best of situations, meaning they just end up feeding like mad and contributing nothing to their team. If it were an Arena they could single-handedly lose their team the game, it's probably why so many of them won't budge from C&H.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:01 PM.