Ensign
# 41
11-15-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
And answers like these are the reason that before this game finally closes its doors you'll see $99 ships in the C-Store.

Incredible.
quoted for truth. $99 each or $250 for the 3 ship bundle.

the ones defending these prices will own every single ship are unbelievable. it hurts to read such insanity.
Lieutenant
# 42
11-15-2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanoxer View Post
Using Steam for STO, specially Steam Wallet is way smarter!

...not.
actually for me using steam for sto is benifical to me cause, ive had issues in the past with STO file verification system where as steams file verification system has no issue when something goes wrong wth STO (corrupt/missing files and such)and besides steam wallet qualifed for the 15% off zen special

Last edited by mastergenera1; 11-15-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Career Officer
# 43
11-15-2012, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergenera1 View Post
well sir i will parallel another company who does something similar with the "c-store" content. wargaming.net with WoT has 50 dollar tanks in that game (at most cheapest is like 8 bucks) and they are doing things like sponsoring the retrieval of buried spitfires from burma, refiting the iowa for museum duty and they made enough also to buy Bigworld(their engine developer) for 45 mil so high priced items ingame tend to go toward content/projects of the devs choice like cryptic has been using lockbox income to afford more devs so we can haz more content now,and not 5 years down the road.
It's nice to think that your purchases go straight to Cryptic and as a consequence back into the game, but they don't.

Cryptic is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PWE - every nickel you spend goes into PWE's pockets then they decide what proportion of that they want to spend on Cryptic or their other projects.

Paying these crazy prices doesn't guarantee that Cryptic will get more money. All it guarantees is that they'll be told to make more ships and continue charging these prices (or more, if they can get away with it).

The WoT story is nice though - something like that I could support since it benefits many more people than just the Devs/Publishers.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Ensign
# 44
11-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
Ships are never going to be that expensive.
you sound pretty sure of yourself there. $25 for a single virtual ship to fly around in is reasonable, as is $50 for 3 virtual ships. nevermind the fact that they're one ship with 3 palette swaps and they're charging twice as much as the single ship for 2 color changes.

and no bridge.

unbelievable, man. simply unbelivable.
Career Officer
Lieutenant
# 46
11-15-2012, 08:44 AM
and those appear to be a ST micro machine equivlent of a lockbox item as both said they were rare items,so if a collector really wanted them i bet they would pay the cash to get one.
Commander
# 47
11-15-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post

Long story short: YES, it's expensive but NO, it's not "overpriced".
Really? because I imagine alot more people would be buying cstore ships if they were just half their current price. 20 bucks is pretty steep for a virtual item. People are rolling in the money in other MMOs that charge far less because far more people bite at the cash grabs. 1 million sales at 5 dollars is a hell of alot more money than 100,000 sales at 20 dollars. There's a reason only 10% pay a dime on this game. They should look into why that is rather than complain about it.
Lt. Commander
# 48
11-15-2012, 08:47 AM
I think the ships are overpriced . Let's see : for $50 you buy 3 ships - but no slots - while the same amount of cash buys you a fully priced retail game ( with no worries if and when servers will go offline ) .The very least they could do is add the ship slots to the bundle ( and throw in a uniform for good measure ) .Then I'd find it far more reasonable .

It's about value for money and $25/ship - and extra if you want the slot - is steep considering this is an online game .
Lieutenant
# 49
11-15-2012, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
And answers like these are the reason that before this game finally closes its doors you'll see $99 ships in the C-Store.

Incredible.
I know... It's just sad that people are this stupid, to the point that it hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abstract1981 View Post

the ones defending these prices will own every single ship are unbelievable. it hurts to read such insanity.
Exactly!
Republic Veteran
# 50
11-15-2012, 08:48 AM
Quote:

Quoted for irony.

Quote:
you sound pretty sure of yourself there. $25 for a single virtual ship to fly around in is reasonable, as is $50 for 3 virtual ships. nevermind the fact that they're one ship with 3 palette swaps and they're charging twice as much as the single ship for 2 color changes.

and no bridge.

unbelievable, man. simply unbelivable.
It's not even a matter of being sure of myself as being able to observe and predict patterns. Ship prices haven't fluctuated much in months now.
And honestly, at least this three pack is superior to the last ones in terms of ship cosmetics.
And what does the Vesta bridge even look like? My research has been inconclusive, and Cryptic probably didn't want to step on Radermaker's toes and make one themselves. I'm fine with using star cruiser or long range science vessel bridges for now.
Formerly GT-01. Runnin' a small lite-RP casual fleet called "The Voyagers"! Message me in-game at either Salen@GT01 or Xavok@GT01 if yer interested.
Here's my neat Idea's Thread.

Last edited by sorceror01; 11-15-2012 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Reasons