Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,476
# 11
11-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amahood View Post
One other question, how does the , in the main menu area, after log in, when you click the other tab, (at the character choice screen, ) to buy foundry slots, how does it know which character to take the crystals from?

and do you then lose that character from the STO game? and only have it in the foundry~?
or , like ......<gone cross eyed>
There's a screen that allows you to choose which character the dilith comes from.
You will not be losing any characters.
You will be making a new character for testing in the Foundry
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 683
# 12
11-15-2012, 09:44 AM
O.k That's great! Get to make a new character for it!

And "free-to-play" people can do this then? <-----last question
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,476
# 13
11-15-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amahood View Post
O.k That's great! Get to make a new character for it!

And "free-to-play" people can do this then? <-----last question
Yes. I believe you get one automatic foundry character slot, and can make more using your empty character slots (if you have any).
Personally I have a Fed and a KDF Foundry character.
Don't get too excited , it's not like a real character. You'll just use it to test maps, and such before live publishing.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 683
# 14
11-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Yes. I believe you get one automatic foundry character slot, and can make more using your empty character slots (if you have any).
Personally I have a Fed and a KDF Foundry character.
Don't get too excited , it's not like a real character. You'll just use it to test maps, and such before live publishing.
Well Thank You Kindly for all your answers to my many questions.

I look forward to trying it out!

"Live long and prosper"

Thank You!

Take care,

-Aaron

Last edited by amahood; 12-26-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,512
# 15
11-15-2012, 10:28 AM
This video by KirkFat goes over how to get started in the Foundry. Dunno if you still need it or not.

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/tra...-i-by-kirkfat/

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 683
# 16
11-16-2012, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
This video by KirkFat goes over how to get started in the Foundry. Dunno if you still need it or not.

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/tra...-i-by-kirkfat/
Thank You very much! That shall come in use very much! I appreciate it!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,512
# 17
11-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amahood View Post
Thank You very much! That shall come in use very much! I appreciate it!
No problem! I'll make it even easier here's part 2 3 and 4

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/tra...to-map-making/

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/tra...ries-part-iii/

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/tra...rt-iv-enemies/

Kirkfat also has a lot of great videos in general on his youtube channel. A lot of them are out of date now but they still teach the fundamentals

http://www.youtube.com/user/kirkfat

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 522
# 18
11-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Also look at the trigger tutorials while you are there. Triggers are all-important.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:46 PM.