Career Officer
i know im not the only one to say this but hive elite is way to hard.Even from the beginning its way hard especially when your in a sci ship or BoP which make them kinda pointless to use when plasma burn the culprit that's killing use our low hull and and there design to keep there shields up was not meant for this. plasma burn need to be pu back to the normal damage cause it hurts way to mush and way to fast .

Theses are things that need taken off completely.feedback pulse and shield neutralizer, this is not a red alert this is a stf its kinda like flying in an stf with no shields .its Not the fact that its just one a fleet can handle that. it the fact that its multiple ships that targeting you and they can shot it every about 10 sec (you get hit with a neutralizer you put your buffs on your ok but you get hit with a second on now what do you your emitters is on cool down you spend your shields buff to regen what shields you lost) boom you your shields are completely gone, all facing!! and its not like thew use beams to destroy you with but torp spread 3 that's game. restart!!! feedback pulse also need to be remove it hurts. the team has to stop shooting so they wont die from killing them self but the plasma burn finish them of any way so that needs to be nerf .Tho unimatrix 1 and 2 are from fleet alert they need to be nerf as well ,tractor beam and regen probes are way to mush when under pressure.

last and not way least is the queen herself whw has all of this besides the probes. what i cant stress enough that need to be remove completely is her integrated acton assimulator.before s7 i used to go point blank range on gates and probes and just tank them in my wells.now cause she has that assimulator its very hard to do that after she one hit kills you that needs to be nerf or set at normal settings.Even if all your shields are up they still find a way to pop you and some of this implied to the others stfs witch makes them hard as well.the devs buff the borg at the point that it is impossible to fight them and stay alive and earn the objective and we been nerf because of pvp spamming and exploits (what?) tractor beam, techyon beam these are what are essential to stf victory pvp complainers are people who don't know that to do in a pvp.

Now pve's are highly imbalance the opposite of what the devs wanted, its lopsided now . ether put back the borg to how they were are we the players get a huge monster buff or i quite stf cause there's no gain in it but romulan and omega marks witch i can do for borg or thoilan invasion. i get the feeling you cyptic thinks of use like sheep redirecting use to what they want use to do. want use to do stf make it all about stf and noting ales now there Romulus and there marks make it about new Romulus and take out dilt so we have no other choise but to do Romulus. STO has gotten really unfair

my writing is bad sorry

Last edited by extremis0; 11-14-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 2
11-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremis0 View Post
i know im not the only one to say this but hive elite is way to hard.Even from the beginning its way hard especially when your in a sci ship or BoP which make them kinda pointless to use when plasma burn the culprit that's killing use our low hull and and there design to keep there shields up was not meant for this. plasma burn need to be pu back to the normal damage cause it hurts way to mush and way to fast .

Theses are things that need taken off completely.feedback pulse and shield neutralizer, this is not a red alert this is a stf its kinda like flying in an stf with no shields .its Not the fact that its just one a fleet can handle that. it the fact that its multiple ships that targeting you and they can shot it every about 10 sec (you get hit with a neutralizer you put your buffs on your ok but you get hit with a second on now what do you your emitters is on cool down you spend your shields buff to regen what shields you lost) boom you your shields are completely gone, all facing!! and its not like thew use beams to destroy you with but torp spread 3 that's game. restart!!! feedback pulse also need to be remove it hurts. the team has to stop shooting so they wont die from killing them self but the plasma burn finish them of any way so that needs to be nerf .Tho unimatrix 1 and 2 are from fleet alert they need to be nerf as well ,tractor beam and regen probes are way to mush when under pressure.

last and not way least is the queen herself whw has all of this besides the probes. what i cant stress enough that need to be remove completely is her integrated acton assimulator.before s7 i used to go point blank range on gates and probes and just tank them in my wells.now cause she has that assimulator its very hard to do that after she one hit kills you that needs to be nerf or set at normal settings.Even if all your shields are up they still find a way to pop you and some of this implied to the others stfs witch makes them hard as well.the devs buff the borg at the point that it is impossible to fight them and stay alive and earn the objective and we been nerf because of pvp spamming and exploits (what?) tractor beam, techyon beam these are what are essential to stf victory pvp complainers are people who don't know that to do in a pvp.

Now pve's are highly imbalance the opposite of what the devs wanted, its lopsided now . ether put back the borg to how they were are we the players get a huge monster buff or i quite stf cause there's no gain in it but romulan and omega marks witch i can do for borg or thoilan invasion. i get the feeling you cyptic thinks of use like sheep redirecting use to what they want use to do. want use to do stf make it all about stf and noting ales now there Romulus and there marks make it about new Romulus and take out dilt so we have no other choise but to do Romulus. STO has gotten really unfair

my writing is bad sorry

I absolutely agree she needs a nerf even in the normal difficulty, there is no way that this mission is capable of being completed in 25min.

I would like to make reference and modify a quote from Monty Python. "Nerf the witch!"
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
11-14-2012, 09:27 AM
Yea it may need a tweak i think, mind you i wouldnt worry too much as STF's will become pretty empty once players realise you dont ever need to do them etc.
Captain
# 4
11-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Also, remember way back when the carrier in Cure would randomly zot back to its starting position and heal all its HP?

She does that when she hits 10 %

EDIT: On elite.
Republic Veteran
# 5
11-14-2012, 10:06 AM
It also doesn't help that she has every freakin' console known to man. I mean Antimatter Spread...REALLY?! Unfortunately, you find that this is probably how the devs wanted it to be as the Optional is to keep one person alive at all times. Apparently, it's not supposed to happen that way usually.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
11-14-2012, 12:02 PM
illcadia, I've never seen that happen, but she does that every time the team is wiped out. As long as one person stays alive she should not pull the armek stunt on you.

Designate a player to be the "survivor" and have the survivor stay just slightly out of range of her weapons but dipping in to pop off a shot or two to stay in combat with her then move out of range again. This allows you to keep the queen from armeking while the rest of your team respawns.
There was a sig here, but I gave up. Thanks {REDACTED}
Empire Veteran
# 7
11-14-2012, 07:26 PM
It does need a nerf imo.

Ok yes it's new and we need to figure out best tactics still but I'm playing it on normal and dying 5+ times each run.

This coming from only dying once in maybe 6 elite space stf runs.

If this was happening in elite fair enough, but I'm playing on Normal and go from full health to dead in less time than I can click miracle worker.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Empire Veteran
# 8
11-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
Designate a player to be the "survivor" and have the survivor stay just slightly out of range of her weapons but dipping in to pop off a shot or two to stay in combat with her then move out of range again. This allows you to keep the queen from armeking while the rest of your team respawns.
Or just a klink with battle cloak. It's come in handy a few times facing her.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Career Officer
# 9 Don't Nerf It!!!!!!!
11-15-2012, 10:16 AM
Its fine just the way it is. It's a challenge! It makes you work as a team. Rethink your build but also rethink your tactics.

Now I know this might be a change of pace for PvErs but it's what PVPERS have to do after every patch that changes something. I've sat infront of a tac cube tanking it for over a minute in a Defiant before having to evasive away. Invisible torps and uber Critz? Well yea its the borg. Try using brace for impact and rotating your defensive buffs before the torps are thrown at you so there's less chance of one killing you especially if you've agro'd it.

If you help more personal help with this then please reach out to me in game.

The borg have adapted and are better killers now than ever before. In the words of Will Riker let's show them that we can adapt to.
Captain
# 10
11-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Observed in Hive Onslaught:

1. what works on Unimatrix ships in red alerts, for the most part works here-within limits. the Unis WILL use de-buffs like SNB on you. If you don't have a Sci on the team, you're corn-cobbed.

2. "borg queen" uses Sci abilities extensively, you want a copy of Sci Team at the very least to trip when she hits you with the viral matrix, sensor scramble, etc.

3. She'll use feedback on you if you pop her with an energy-drain like Tyken's rift, and really, really hates it when you hit her with the Omega Grav anchor. Have your shield buffs HANDY and hazard emitters are a must if you're in a Bird of Prey-because like ALL borg, she seems to have a special hate-on for Klingons. she'll also hit you with Scramble-sensors if you do that, so when your screen goes all snow-and static, stop shooting and run your defensive buff cycles while the rest of the team takes advantage of the 2-3 second window where she's vulnerable and can't move.

4. Cloaking is double-plus difficult to maintain on this map-too much ****** bridge chatter that drops your cloak, esp. right after the cutscene-and the Borg WILL take advantage of a decloaking ship even when it hasn't fired a shot yet-unlike some Fed players, apparently the AI here actually LISTENS to the sound effects.

5. APO is Your Friend. So is Tac Team, Hazard Emitters, and any console that pumps a drain. What is NOT your friend, is anything that gets the Unimatrix to focus on YOU.

IF you're a FEd, you want your team to include at MINIMUM someone "Not in a cruiser", and someone in a science ship-pref. a science officers-subsystem attacks and SNB are vital to assuring success. Also you should be grateful if a Klink shows up-KDF ships draw more fire than Fed ships, even when NOT specced for Threat Control, and you'll live longer if the Unis and hte queen are focusing their anger on some evasive little Bird of Prey or quick-turning Vor'cha, instead of...y'know, YOU.

Team-wise, focus fire and spreading heals is a good idea, best if you let the sci pick the targets by SNB'ing them, especially later in the run when you're up against the eight-sided-dice-of-death (aka the Queen's ship).

for KDF: forget cruisers. Forget Cruisers, go with either a Carrier that has a lot of hull and launches hordes of hard-hititng pets, OR a Bird of Prey that can skinride a unimatrix ship. Spec as you would for PvP, focus-fire is a must here, so try to bring a Science officer if you're bringing a carrier. Tribble runs and runs in 'live' show that slow cruisers like the Bortasque may have lots of power, but lack the responsiveness to deal with unimatrix probe-spam, and unless you're actually ABLE to drop the Unis without dying and without them getting regen drones pumped out, you're on for a long night of frustration and lots of time in respawn hell when the plasma balls hit you because you couldn't switch targets faster enough to drop them (they get regen from the probes like any other unit-unless the regen probe is dealt with first, youi're NOT going to be able to stop it with weapons fire.)

Last edited by patrickngo; 11-15-2012 at 11:07 AM.