Captain
# 181
11-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwefail View Post
what a terrible precedent this is setting,you can earn zen by converting dilithium but if the players have too much dil we'll release a "special" elsewhere.
I bet they made a fortune from the steamrunner and you guys are all lapping it up instead of asking why its not in the z-store.
sad days .
ever checked how many people play the game through steam?
ever checked how many people use steam /potential customers compared to how many use raptr or any other MMO ?
ever checked how easy and safe is to use steam wallet to buy zen and games compared to credit cards/pay pak and all that mambo jambo?

Also that zen in game in the exchange is bought by people so if they add the pack in c store dilithium people will buy zen from other people.That zen is not from god there.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 182
11-15-2012, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybrit View Post
As a heads up, even though the description for the Steam bundle states that if you delete your Steamrunner you can reclaim it through the ship store, this is currently not possible. Because the whole bundle can only be claimed once character, you can't reclaim them that way instead.

Hopefully it's not a case of the descriptive text being incorrect and that the situation will be corrected.
The text is correct It can be reclaimed in the ship store, not the C-Store. f you discharge this ship, speak to the ?Starship and Shuttle Requisitions? contact to receive another token to re-claim it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 183
11-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the explanation, Branflakes. I was indeed looking in the C-Store.
Captain
# 184
11-15-2012, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asphe View Post
"\steamapps\common" will appear if you have any games installed. Steam likes to put all installed games there. If it's not there, just install STO via Steam but interrupt the download process. All the needed folders, .blob and registry mods will be done. THEN copy/move your current STO folder.
I've just tried this and Steam still insists on downloading the entire game! I think the problem might be the fact that steam is downloading the files to...

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\downloading

And not directly to...

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common

I've even tried pausing the download, recopying the Star Trek Online folder to steamapps/common, deleting the files in steamapps/downloading and restarting Steam. Still no luck though. Steam still insists on downloading the game.

Has anyone got any ideas?

PS: I'm not doing this for the Steamrunner offer. I'd simply like to run STO through Steam in future because I find myself using it quite a lot these days for other games I play.
Career Officer
# 185
11-15-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nd1t10nr3d View Post
I've just tried this and Steam still insists on downloading the entire game! I think the problem might be the fact that steam is downloading the files to...

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\downloading

And not directly to...

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common

I've even tried pausing the download, recopying the Star Trek Online folder to steamapps/common, deleting the files in steamapps/downloading and restarting Steam. Still no luck though. Steam still insists on downloading the game.

Has anyone got any ideas?

PS: I'm not doing this for the Steamrunner offer. I'd simply like to run STO through Steam in future because I find myself using it quite a lot these days for other games I play.
How about copying your Star Trek Online folder (or the contents of) to the /steamapps/downloading folder? Then run "Verify Local Content" when you open Steam again and let Steam try it as a completed "download"?
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Captain
# 186
11-15-2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by altechachan View Post
How about copying your Star Trek Online folder (or the contents of) to the /steamapps/downloading folder? Then run "Verify Local Content" when you open Steam again and let Steam try it as a completed "download"?
That was a very good suggestion and well worth a try! Unfortunately it didn't work though. Thanks for trying to help!

I guess for now I'll just keep running STO without Steam until a work around can be found.

Damn Steam anyway for introducing that "Downloading" folder! It used to be so simple where everything downloaded and installed into "Common"! Why couldn't they have just left it as it was? It wasn't broke yet they insisted on fixing it anyway! Oh well! lol.