Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
As it says in the thread title:

Mines are (seemingly) not affected by the DMG modifier.

Nor are they (seemingly) affected by the weapon quality (color), unlike other weapons.

This means that a White MK XI Tricobalt Mine will have the same damage value as a Purple MK XI Tricobalt Mine with [DMG]x3.

The damage is listed the same in the exchange, in player inventory and also while equipped in space in the UI.

Obviously this makes the Fleet Mines a pretty terrible purchase.

Some questions for any Dev that might be willing to answer:

Is this a known issue with mines or is it a UI/Display issue?

Does it have to do with the way mine damage is calculated?

Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
11-15-2012, 10:37 AM
I believe I've confirmed previously that this was a known issue, and not limited to being a display issue.

The good news is that the reason for this appears to have been tracked down, and fixed. I'm not sure when that fix will go live, or if it's even been approved by QA yet, but progress has at least been made on the issue.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 3
11-15-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I believe I've confirmed previously that this was a known issue, and not limited to being a display issue.

The good news is that the reason for this appears to have been tracked down, and fixed. I'm not sure when that fix will go live, or if it's even been approved by QA yet, but progress has at least been made on the issue.
Thank you for the blazing fast response!

Starfleet Veteran
# 4
11-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post

Thanks for fixing/looking into this, any chance we could have missing fleet mines like Transphasic advanced mines added?
Career Officer
# 5
12-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Was this ever actually fixed? I was just looking at the mine launchers myself and noticing that all this still seems to be true, at least display wise. I even bought and equipped some while in standard orbit and it still displayed the same damage numbers between a common Mk III and an uncommon Mk III [dmg].

I tried a google search through patch notes for the last year but I didn't see any references, and well... searching through a whole year of patch notes seemed pretty grueling to do manually.