Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
11-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Wish I could play... Game since S7 constantly blacks out or display driver crashes.... sigh.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-15-2012, 11:57 AM
working as intended...
Captain
# 13
11-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Wish I could play... Game since S7 constantly blacks out or display driver crashes.... sigh.
I've had a bunch of out of memory GPU crashes since S7...meh.
Captain
# 14
11-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsmaster916 View Post
Really? A giant Season update, and THIS is the PvP update for the week?

Has anyone reviewed the new ships to find whether or not they're throwing PvP for a loop, or are hopelessly buggy (other than the obvious Steamrunner stat bugs that were fixed today)?

I'm curious what a full team cycling that Steamrunner console power might be able to accomplish in terms of survivability...

And what about the Reputation powers? I saw some grumbling a few weeks ago when they were released to Tribble, but is anyone looking at them on Holodeck? Have they been changed at all?

(Also, I wonder what ever happened to ... one of the Devs mentioned having a way to test these on Tribble...)
yes, this is the update. if you feel i've missed anything then feel free to post it here and ill edit mny first post to include it
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 15
11-15-2012, 10:20 PM
How about the crashing DtZ Exchange and how it could make it easier for folks to pick up various P2W consoles before PWE steps in, adjusting the market or making some other change?
Captain
# 16
11-17-2012, 02:17 AM
How about this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=452031

Sure, it's not really directly related to PvP - but look at the timeframes they're discussing for folks to be able to unlock things with the new system. So folks are looking at 2-4 months or more for something that was 2-4 weeks or less...ahem, heh, lol, omfgroflmaopimp, ahem.

Oh yeah, when I last looked the Exchange was at 143D:1Z... was 158-159D:1Z less than two days ago.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 17
11-17-2012, 02:24 AM
So Fed got a pleasant "bug" of a 4 hr pass for Dili. farming SB 24 last night ....
Captain
# 18
11-17-2012, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
How about this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=452031

Sure, it's not really directly related to PvP - but look at the timeframes they're discussing for folks to be able to unlock things with the new system. So folks are looking at 2-4 months or more for something that was 2-4 weeks or less...ahem, heh, lol, omfgroflmaopimp, ahem.

Oh yeah, when I last looked the Exchange was at 143D:1Z... was 158-159D:1Z less than two days ago.
i just gave that thread a gander...

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

they actually expected anything less then this? i mean us pvp folk are used to it but they never had to deal with being "lied" to before eh?

GG cryptic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 19
11-17-2012, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
How about the crashing DtZ Exchange and how it could make it easier for folks to pick up various P2W consoles before PWE steps in, adjusting the market or making some other change?
Ya the currency crash is hillarious.... I would bet it gets as low as 100 per. We'll see though.

Goes to show customers have placed a $ value on the content in STO already... if Cryptic is going to try to inflate pricing by patching out the fake currency... people spending the real one will simply adjust the market. End Result Cryptic is going to make the EXACT same amount of $ they where making before. lmao

You know what players should honestly do with this S7 greed patch... is come together and only post your dilithium for sale for 75 every single time... Get enough people behind that and I bet we could crash there market and grind there Cstore to Dilithium purchasing market to halt. Not sure enough of the pve kids would get on board... would be a nice protest though.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.

Last edited by antoniosalieri; 11-17-2012 at 03:12 AM.
Captain
# 20
11-17-2012, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Ya the currency crash is hillarious.... I would bet it gets as low as 100 per. We'll see though.

Goes to show customers have placed a $ value on the content in STO already... if Cryptic is going to try to inflate pricing by patching out the fake currency... people spending the real one will simply adjust the market. End Result Cryptic is going to make the EXACT same amount of $ they where making before. lmao

You know what players should honestly do with this S7 greed patch... is come together and only post your dilithium for sale for 75 every single time... Get enough people behind that and I bet we could crash there market and grind there Cstore to Dilithium purchasing market to halt. Not sure enough of the pve kids would get on board... would be a nice protest though.
Never heard of price fixing. Cryptic will not allow the price to drop too much. They will simply readjust.