Rihannsu
# 1 Steam Starter pack
11-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Branflakes said we don't need to have STO on steam to use the new starter pack, how do we activate it?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
11-15-2012, 12:21 PM
It's a bit messed up how this one workedout, I had to enable STO on steam (its free), but then cancel the download immediately so I didn't end up with a second install taking up space. Once I did that, I could right click STO in the library and click View CD Key, then input that in the Redeem Key feature under My Account at the top of the page.
Rihannsu
# 3
11-15-2012, 12:25 PM
that's it? I don't have to do anything with the DLC?
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
11-15-2012, 12:26 PM
No, don't actually have to download anything new or link accounts, but as far as I can find you do need to start the client downloading from steam, you just don't have to let it finish.
Captain
# 5
11-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
It's a bit messed up how this one workedout, I had to enable STO on steam (its free), but then cancel the download immediately so I didn't end up with a second install taking up space. Once I did that, I could right click STO in the library and click View CD Key, then input that in the Redeem Key feature under My Account at the top of the page.
that how i did it too.
Go pro or go home
Ensign
# 6
11-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Where can I actually find the Steam Starter gear? I've activated the code on My Account, it seemed to accept the code (but doesn't list Steam Starter Pack among my activated codes to the right). I didn't get any messages upon logging on to the game nor can I find any way to get them in the C-Store?
Rihannsu
# 7
11-15-2012, 12:56 PM
I got it working, thanks everyone.

The pack is listed under bundles in the Cstore
Captain
# 8
11-15-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
The pack is listed under bundles in the Cstore
And also note... To claim the Steamrunner ship/ships on your other fed toons, Claim them from Ship Requisitions in the Shipyard, not the c-store.
Career Officer
# 9
11-15-2012, 02:11 PM
How can I purchase gift codes for others? The Steam system doesn't allow me to just copy the gift code and expects me to spend a friend instructions on how to install Stream to get it. I don't want to spam my friends who don't want to use Steam just to give them a code for this.
Rihannsu
# 10
11-15-2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
How can I purchase gift codes for others? ...I don't want to spam my friends who don't want to use Steam just to give them a code for this.
Even if you can gift it on Steam they must have a Steam account, each code is naturally unique and you cannot buy it multiple times besides to yourself and as a gift for other Steam users.

After all this is a Steam bundle, I doubt they can actually check if you have a Steam account or not (I do but I run STO without it) but if you think about ghost accounts to get codes off then ... well you have read Steam EULA right?