Starfleet Veteran
# 41
11-15-2012, 12:42 PM
To (kinda) quote the great Captain Jean Luc Picard,

Captain's Log, Stardate 56844.9. The USS Grinder has arrived at New Romulus and is waiting at the designated coordinates for a fix to S7. All our hails have gone unanswered. We've been waiting for 17 hours.

http://www.hark.com/clips/dtkdspfxzk...te-56844-dot-9
Been on STO since Beta and a fully fledged veteran with the scars to prove it.
Ensign
# 42
11-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Todays fix done nothing to sort out my problem, infact somethings have got worse, now when moving my characture forwards he actually jumps back a few foot now, funny if i wasn't so cross.
Still flashing back to desk top before crashing my pc. I did actually find a safe spot though. If I stayed on DS9 I suffered no problems, but God help me if I dared to leave.... crash bang whollop.....sector space...crash..... battles....crash.....moving camara... crash....
Why is someone not addressing this problem?
Career Officer
# 43
11-15-2012, 01:16 PM
LOL @ Intel Graphics... If you google "intel graphics black screen" you'll see that a lot of people have this problem with plenty of other products including.

Anyway Intel Graphics cards are known to have issues with Hardware T&L. Find a way to disable it and see if it works.

Edit: I spent some time searching for a way to turn it off myself so I could be that cool guy who says: "Here try this:", but I failed to find anything that wasn't outdated.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Last edited by phantomeight; 11-15-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Career Officer
# 44
11-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aderonz View Post
I had the same problem, i deleted the game using revo to remove everything wich is related to sto, then reinstalled it and after patching it started working as smoothy as before.
tried this and it did not solve my problem... cryptic released flawed code
Career Officer
# 45
11-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
LOL @ Intel Graphics... If you google "intel graphics black screen" you'll see that a lot of people have this problem with plenty of other products including.

Anyway Intel Graphics cards are known to have issues with Hardware T&L. Find a way to disable it and see if it works.

Edit: I spent some time searching for a way to turn it off myself so I could be that cool guy who says: "Here try this:", but I failed to find anything that wasn't outdated.
considering the fact that until now my integrated intell has had 0 problem with ANY game i have played i find that your LOL might be a bit in ignorance... hell i was running STO on fullscreen at High quality with nary a failure or a graphical hiccup (well save some of the ones cryptic can't be bothered to fix for ANYONE)

this all started when S7 went live on tribble and they failed to listen. I for one am about to demand all the money i have spent in the last 2-3 months back cconsidering that if they aren't going to make the game playable then i wasted money on long term investments(funvestments?) that no longer pay dividends... so why shouldn't I get reimbursed for them saying ****all to long time players like me.... i mean its not like I preordered the game or paid 60 damn dollars for it (ohsnap i did!)

seems like to me that cryptic should listen to its players. its bad business to try and sell a product that hates a portion of the people who want to use it because after a while people are going to just stop using it and find something else
Commander
# 46
11-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Considering some users with Nvidia cards are experiencing the problem, I could safely assume a large portion of players with all cards are being affected; not just Intel HD cards.

Give the Devs til....hmm...say the Winter Event when there is a significant drop off in holiday sales and some blundering bozo will probably put 2+2 together and go..."Darn!...We better fix this problem before we lose our holiday revenue!" Let me be the first player to place his bet on when this problem is actually resolved. I'm betting anytime between Christmas and New Year's....anyone else care to take a guess?
http://media.photobucket.com/image/dofftrader/yoreantiques/DOFFtrader.gif

Last edited by paragon92518; 11-15-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 47
11-15-2012, 06:09 PM
i'll be the optimistic idiot for that bet... wth i got nothing better to do... Between thanks giving and christmas
Lieutenant
# 48
11-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Oh well at least I have Arkham City
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n337/lightspeedpurple/Star%20Trek/PhoXo27.png
Starfleet Veteran
# 49
11-16-2012, 12:57 AM
I'm using NVIDIA so it does look like it's a problem across the board. I'd be more forgiving if we only heard something official from the game makers.

Sometimes an acknowledgement of a problem can go a long way to placating people.
Been on STO since Beta and a fully fledged veteran with the scars to prove it.
Commander
# 50
11-16-2012, 05:51 AM
At this point, I'm not sure they care. I mean...how freakin' hard it would be to post up a message saying: ::Ahem:: Hello everyone. We apologize for your game play downtime and are working on a resolution. No ETA but its' being worked on. how freakin' hard just to tell your loyal players???? it takes mere seconds...by not saying anything, at least (imo), the Devs are sending the message they could care less.

On another note, I changed my signature to showcase one of the poor STO coding errors I get on my computer. Perhaps 1 of the Devs will see it...but I doubt it.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/dofftrader/yoreantiques/DOFFtrader.gif

Last edited by paragon92518; 11-16-2012 at 05:59 AM.
Closed Thread