Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Captain
# 21
11-15-2012, 12:50 PM
I just love how in 1 week people will stop alltogether griping, when they find out the dilithium was just spread out a bit, in 1 hour I made 11k dilithium ore, most of it yes is doffs, finishing some dailys from previous day, and when you negate all that I made en-grind 7k dilithium.

Starbase 24, several Defera missions, officer reports, and asteroid mining, and almost forgot to mention the tholian red alert missions, with the exception of 1 KASE run which was by far my quickest run yet with 14 minutes.
Empire Veteran
# 22
11-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3cubed View Post
Okay, I'll put it simply:

INCREASE THE DILITHIUM TRADE IN VALUE FOR TEN BORG NEURAL PROCESSORS!!!

Otherwise STFs, even the new ones, will fall into obscurity...
It's fine as it is. It's way more than I expected, and a lot more per STF than before.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-15-2012, 01:04 PM
BNP are the new EDC. You could turn in EDC for 10 to 1056 dil pre-patch. In-game, you can turn in 5 BNP for 1000 dil (I know the blog says 10, but that blog is the only place I have seen 10->1000, everywhere else says 5, including the assignment itself).

The old system awarded 1100 dil, 2 EDC, and some number of salvage for every run.
The new system awards 960 dil, 1 BNP, and some number of omega marks.

Both systems appear to be designed around the assumption that you work through stfs in two phases: gear farming, then transition into dil farming.

Gear farming phase:
Old system: 1100 dil/run + tokens for gear
New system: 960 dil/run + tokens for gear (rep is essentially gear progression. slow, but steady, instead of random. I have a preference, but it is irrelevant to this analysis).

Dil farming phase:
Old system: 1100 dil/run + 211.2 dil (2 EDC) + some number of tech/salvage conversions
New system: 960 dil/run + 200 dil (1 BNP) + 750 dil (OM)

The difference (assuming you get the optional every time) is about 600 dil.

That 600 dil equates to about 1 proto salvage/tech per 3.8 runs or 1 rare salvage/tech every 1.7 runs (exclusively).

Conclusion:
It does seem like we get a small amount of less dilithium per run than previously. I think I would normally get salvage/tech more often than those estimates, though I never tracked any data so I don't know for sure.

I think the biggest confusion is the effective upgrade from green to purple quality of EDCs. People are confusing them for salvage equivalent, which they are not. Also, since we are all forced back into the gear farm phase until we hit t5, even if we were previously in the dil farm phase, we are forced to not be able to make the switch to dil farming until we have passed the time gate to get into dil farming.
Captain
# 24
11-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus304 View Post
I just love how in 1 week people will stop alltogether griping, when they find out the dilithium was just spread out a bit, in 1 hour I made 11k dilithium ore, most of it yes is doffs, finishing some dailys from previous day, and when you negate all that I made en-grind 7k dilithium.

Starbase 24, several Defera missions, officer reports, and asteroid mining, and almost forgot to mention the tholian red alert missions, with the exception of 1 KASE run which was by far my quickest run yet with 14 minutes.
LOL- mission complete: They just nerfed Starbase 24 to 480 dilith. ENJOY !
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Lieutenant
# 25
11-15-2012, 01:33 PM
comparing BNPs to EDCs is kind of stupid. We used to get two EDCs, 4 on good days. But that aside, i was unaware of the 50 marks for 500 Dil, so maybe things aren't AS bad as I thought
Lieutenant
# 26
11-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
LOL- mission complete: They just nerfed Starbase 24 to 480 dilith. ENJOY !
Exactly. That just completely killed any reason to do Fleet Actions. The purples you get when you come in 1st are mostly trash, too. If I want to spend 15 minutes mindlessly killing stuff in space to farm Dilithium, doing Empire Defense missions are far more efficient, although painfully repetitive.

If Cryptic wants Fleet Actions like Starbase 24 to be relevant, they need to put them back to giving 1440 Dilithium per run or start giving good amounts of marks. After this 'fix', they're completely pointless.
__________________________________________________ ___
Original Username - njdss4 - Original Join Date - July 28, 2008 (Official Forum Launch Date)
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
11-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3cubed View Post
comparing BNPs to EDCs is kind of stupid. We used to get two EDCs, 4 on good days. But that aside, i was unaware of the 50 marks for 500 Dil, so maybe things aren't AS bad as I thought
Not really, we get half as many, but they return roughly twice as much dilithium. The demand for them is lower, too, as many itemst hat took EDC don't require BNP. Just filling the mark requirements of a set requisition will give you more BNP than you need, allowing additionals to be converted to diltihium. At that point you're still short dilithium, but filled on marks and BNP, and when diltihium is all you need, elite STFs with conversions are one of the most efficient sources now.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Not really, we get half as many, but they return roughly twice as much dilithium. The demand for them is lower, too, as many itemst hat took EDC don't require BNP. Just filling the mark requirements of a set requisition will give you more BNP than you need, allowing additionals to be converted to diltihium. At that point you're still short dilithium, but filled on marks and BNP, and when diltihium is all you need, elite STFs with conversions are one of the most efficient sources now.
This. Common misconceptions arise from quantities, especially small quantities. It may seem that 1<2, or even that 1 = 0.5(2), but that's not relevant at all.

Dilithium per run from EDC = 211.2
Dilithium per run from BNP = 200.0

Difference is only about 5%. Close enough to say that they are equivalent.
Career Officer
# 29
11-15-2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heero139 View Post
This. Common misconceptions arise from quantities, especially small quantities. It may seem that 1<2, or even that 1 = 0.5(2), but that's not relevant at all.

Dilithium per run from EDC = 211.2
Dilithium per run from BNP = 200.0

Difference is only about 5%. Close enough to say that they are equivalent.
Only now we don't get loot (= ECs) and Rare/Proto Salvage (=Dilithium)

On paper it looks like we're getting a similar deal but the reality is we're not.

But it's still a better deal than I was expecting.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 30
11-15-2012, 02:03 PM
either:

1) reduce BNP required to start project to one

OR

2) increase dilithum rewarded