Career Officer
# 11
11-15-2012, 03:19 AM
I see no point in me logging in to do anything for the time being, was all set to buy the Vesta set but now i can't be bothered.

No idea what they were thinking by limiting dilithium at the same time as making doffs etc costing dil as well, it's like standing on a rope bridge and cutting the supports at both ends of it.... where you going to go?
Ensign
# 12
11-15-2012, 03:32 AM
Yes, I agree....they screwed game economy mechanics on dilithium, but also on ECs. My fleet run the Bartender project during S6 and now all the credits and dilithium we put into had been wasted! Also, after i've invested in a Very Rare Cardassian Chef to produce Cardies' Taspar Eggs both for Fleet's needs & selling excess on Exchange they made them of no value. As a consequence...my Exchange is also blocked by unsold eggs (I cannot discard them since i don't like to waste my ECs too)!!!!
Lieutenant
# 13
11-15-2012, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterhands19 View Post
No idea what they were thinking by limiting dilithium at the same time as making doffs etc costing dil as well, it's like standing on a rope bridge and cutting the supports at both ends of it.... where you going to go?
They were thinking "we want more money, now now now" followed by "how do we force players to buy more Zen" which was quickly followed by "burn their dilithium"

Such it is that they've made everything cost more dil whilst at the same time reducing the enjoyable/easy ways to get dil. It's a dirty practice but sometimes companies decide to remodel. Cryptic has decided they've offered enough to Star Trek fans and it's about time those fans pay them for it, and pay them extremely well.
Career Officer
# 14
11-15-2012, 07:18 AM
2 little 2 late uesd to get drops blue quality or better we kept the fleet bank stocked with good items for people who had just joined or leveld up. used to get salvage that could sell for extra dilithium. btran no longer had dilithium reward. dof and other dilithium cost have jumped up over 1000% in some places and the star base still has 200,000 dilithium upgrade missions. This is Like Being ***** and Afterwards Having the Rapist Say Hes Real Sorry Here Have a Free Morning After Pill. you have still gutted this game and I think you will see it soon in you bottom line profits. all you had to do to make the old system work was to let mk12 omaga/maco/honor. be pruchesed for 100 or 150 edc's each. the old saying goes KISS Keep It Simple Stupid.
Ensign
# 15
11-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyvh501 View Post
Cryptic has really done it this time, in there quest for my money they blew it. I have been averaging $100 a month in zen purchases, but with the release of this latest "Season 7" patch, and thier obvious attempt to get us to spend more, they instead made me mad as hell. I refuse to spend another dime on zen until 1 they bring back ALL of the ways we could earn dilithium. bring back some kind of end drop for stfs or some kind of reward other than stupid marks that make u use up all your other resorces to make any use of. Remove the cost in dilithium for Dof recruiting. And finnaly Fix the dam in game voice chat that has not worked right since season 4!

Anyone else wanna add to this?

Agree Agree Agree. Life member here from day 1 + average 10 bucks a month on Zen which is close to paying for gold member on top of lifer. Guess what your greed is getting you for me PWE. Love my STO to death but if PWE stands on this train of thinking this game will come to an end soon. Wasn't there a quote somewhere by cyptic saying that Atari was a cash grabbing company after the split off from them and there interest really werent about the players LOL. I know PWE needs to make money but the gaming market is not a normal business where you need to make your 10% profit grow year over year for your shard holders.
Career Officer
# 16 sto run by *******
11-15-2012, 03:22 PM
what was the point of going free to play if season 7 dilithium earning cuts the massive increses of dilithium needed and the removing of drops drives away the casual players. and before you answer with your "we put dill back in stf rewards answer" I have a fairly high IQ and see thats a pitence compared to what was removed and what is now required. I think most here are not fooled one bit. At least the lack of People in game would strongly indicate this is the case. since you seem driven by the bottom line i would think suckering 50% fewer players out of 25% more cash is cutting your own throat???
Captain
# 17
11-15-2012, 03:26 PM
C'mon guys, you should know the drill. Wait a few days and cryptics metrics will indicate where the problem is.

You saw what happened yesterday, no ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Ensign
# 18
11-15-2012, 03:30 PM
Oh yeah, they have a long way to go rolling back some of this crap befor i spend another dime on zen. so cryptic/PW is loosing my 100 a month worth sticking to your high horse on this crap? BTW went to the bar today and got a couple of lap dances with this paydays 50. So im now supporting single moms instead of PW. gotta admit even though it didnt last as long as playing trek it was a bit more enjoyable knowing i didnt have to grind dilithium from her. (but there was grinding going on)
Captain
# 19
11-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marielang View Post
what was the point of going free to play if season 7 dilithium earning cuts the massive increses of dilithium needed and the removing of drops drives away the casual players. and before you answer with your "we put dill back in stf rewards answer" I have a fairly high IQ and see thats a pitence compared to what was removed and what is now required. I think most here are not fooled one bit. At least the lack of People in game would strongly indicate this is the case. since you seem driven by the bottom line i would think suckering 50% fewer players out of 25% more cash is cutting your own throat???
Because you weren't earning enough dilithium, so they cut your ability to get it. Duh!
Ensign
# 20
11-15-2012, 05:18 PM
I like most of what they did with only a few points of discontent.

1.) Take all my earned salvage and chips and lock it up into a Frigging box an force me into the rep system to gain access to the stuff I already earned and should already have access to!

2.) The Borg are stupid strong once again, spitting out 3-5 re-generators from both ends. using the invisi beam of death when you are not even in combat or near opponents.

3.) Stf totally lost there appeal. The lack of end reward makes them feel like nothing but a grind.

The game has been Dan Stahled once again. History really does repeat itself.

"Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side
The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying
'Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide."

Last edited by gr1shim; 11-15-2012 at 05:21 PM.