Captain
# 1861
11-15-2012, 03:32 PM
darth lord kim il Mao is facinated by the posabilities..
i loaded up then D/l SWG at the end just to see the snow flakes.. sort of sad so im D/l the
fiel to the old Lucas Art folder for the smal lboard game demo KOTH
Beware of Cloaked Romulans Bering Gifts
Starfleet Veteran
# 1862
11-15-2012, 03:33 PM
I've played previously and left because its boring, looks rubbish, don't like Old Republic setting, and well .... its just not Star Trek
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Captain
# 1863
11-15-2012, 03:37 PM
As soon as I heard about the "Pay2Sprint" thing and then looked at the size of the download, I was like... eh "NO"!

I love Star Wars but most of the F2P limitations are just a little nuts. So, as Simon Cowell might say... "That's the worst F2P audition I've ever seen in my life... It's a No from me!"
Career Officer
# 1864
11-15-2012, 03:44 PM
The free to play model is very restrictive compared to what we are used to with Cryptic games. I got angry with it after just 15 minutes of giving it the benefit of the doubt (you know, playing with it versus going by the webpage matrix only). I think it'll be difficult to enjoy my time there when I'm faced with paying a few Euros to hide my helm slot, or another few euros to blend my character's armor colors, or pay a few euros to unlock an extra actionbar.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 1865
11-15-2012, 03:45 PM
http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Impressive...most impressive, check out the F2P list and compare that to here
Captain
# 1866
11-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post

Wow. That's some list. That looks like a complete nightmare to play as a F2P player.
Starfleet Veteran
# 1867
11-15-2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post

Holy bantha poodu! The list is so restrictive its just not worth it.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Captain
# 1868
11-15-2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
Wow. That's some list. That looks like a complete nightmare to play as a F2P player.
Yes, that is why I am not even bothering.

They are so strung up on their ego they appear to believe people did not played their magnum opus because it was too expensive to try but the moment they play they will be lining up to spend $15 every month.

Since this is not F2P, its a trial.

I cannot speak for the state of the game but restricting F2P players to group play does too things, first it makes F2P players to leave because they have nothing to do at end level and also makes subscribers to leave because, surprise, the queues are empty.

Same apply to the exchange, if you cut F2P from contributing then dont expect for them to have any weight on the system, if there is any imbalance due to population levels then dont expect things to be solved by F2Pers since they are cut off of being able to input into the system and their gear limitations (that is really beyond stupid) also makes then even less willing to even use the system since ... why bother?

The only model I seen worst then this is in WoW that is a trial, at least they make no pretenses over it.
Captain
# 1869
11-15-2012, 04:30 PM
Perhaps if we build a giant space badger my leige~

in a galaxy cantina
far away
long ago
then re-incarnated...
then planet when Booom
Hobus Sick Sad..
Romulan was glad not to be there
times two..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~get ready
get ready
Senshibat is comin
Stormtroopin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GETIN RDY DOWN LOADIN
patch
Get RDY
D/l the patch
Rdy get rdy
Senshibats comin~

Beware of Cloaked Romulans Bering Gifts
Rihannsu
# 1870
11-15-2012, 04:37 PM
im going to try it again, although it bored me before so i cant imagine a heavily restricted game will suddenly be the winning ticket for me.

it does make being a subber look really attractive, but they lost their subs because no one wanted to sub in the first place. in my eyes surely they would want to make free players feel as welcome as possible, then hit them up with lockboxes, costumes and other fun toys to make them part with their cash.

are free players going to pay to unlock action bars, and death penalty help, and sprints, and endgame?

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission