Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Captain
# 11
11-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
The sad thing is that the complainers will still find something wrong and complain some more.
Cause we're looking at the BIG picture. you're not.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
11-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralq1732 View Post
Adding content in the form of episodes is nice but very short lived. You play them, you're done, you want more. Season 6 and 7 have added more substance to the game, Season 7 more specifically adding a LOT of end-game content. Systems like this will complement new story arcs and episodes when they're released. They'll work hand-in-hand. New reputations will be easier to drop in now that the framework has been done.

Having systems in place that give you things too quickly results in boredom. I have a toon I rarely played because it had everything. The best gear, the best ships, the best pets, everything. It even got mk XII MACO gear in under a week. When it had everything, what was the use of playing it? Now it has stuff to do again. Stuff to achieve. It's had the cobwebs dusted off it and it's getting out and about again.

People used to complain about being able to level up too fast. The best thing to do in regards to that would be to scale the levelling system, although judging by the furore we've seen with the dilithium changes there'd be murder in the streets!!

Slowing down the flow of resources means that end game levelling will be slower. It will give long term goals for toons, not the instant gratification that leaves people crying out for more.

I am looking at the long term picture. Are you?
Ensign
# 13
11-15-2012, 05:08 PM
They are pissing on us and telling us it's raining. I'm sorry that a lot of people seem unable to figure that out, but those of us who have are understandably angry about it.
KIRK:That which you call Ee'd Plebnista was not written for the chiefs or the kings or the warriors or the rich and powerful, but for all the people! These words were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone or they mean nothing! Do you understand?
Captain
# 14
11-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entnx01 View Post
First it was "Loot is too random! Especially STF gear!"

So Cryptic says "Fine...you'll just have to buy the stuff now."
The correct way to solve that was to give "Omega Marks" for doing missions on Elite, and then have it so you could buy the mark 12 set items for some number of Omega Marks just like you could buy the mark 11 set items for chips. If you were trying for the gun and didn't get it after 20 tries due to the random nature, then here ya go, congrats on being tenacious enough to earn it.

They didn't do that.

Quote:
So Cryptic says "Fine...we'll go to 960 for Elite STFs. Add in the BNP at 5 = 1000 Dilithium and you actually come out ahead on Dilithium compared to pre-S7."
Rare salvage was worth 1000 dilithium. Prototype salvage was worth 2000. Tech was also worth either 1000 or 2000. I had missions where I made 6000 dilithium in one run, because I picked up some prototypes and cashed them in.

Dilithium rewards for STF are now about half of what they were because we have no tech or salvage to trade in.
Career Officer
# 15
11-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralq1732 View Post
ya this is true for me 100% agree
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
11-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
Rare salvage was worth 1000 dilithium. Prototype salvage was worth 2000. Tech was also worth either 1000 or 2000. I had missions where I made 6000 dilithium in one run, because I picked up some prototypes and cashed them in.

Dilithium rewards for STF are now about half of what they were because we have no tech or salvage to trade in.
So you want everything now. This minute. Instant gratification.

Dilithium has always been far too easy to pick up. It's about time it was harder to come by. What use is a commodity if it's too common?
Captain
# 17
11-15-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
So you want everything now. This minute. Instant gratification.

Dilithium has always been far too easy to pick up. It's about time it was harder to come by. What use is a commodity if it's too common?
--------------------------

The smart way to do the same thing is raise the prices
Not cut the rewards

Cryptic raised prices and added new costs
And cut the rewards ........Bad management decision
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Captain
# 18
11-15-2012, 06:02 PM
Quote:
In case you hadn't noticed, most of the game requires dilithium and that has to come from somewhere.
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
11-15-2012, 06:04 PM
How did they cut the rewards? Not only are sets all there but we'll be able to use cross faction AND have a higher level Borg set. In addition, there are NEW sets for us. That's the strangest cut in rewards I've ever seen!!

As for the dilithium coming from somewhere, well, yes, it does. Now you'll have to be more careful with it. I see no harm in budgeting. People seem to want everything now. What is what all this greed?
Captain
# 20
11-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Quote:
As for the dilithium coming from somewhere, well, yes, it does. Now you'll have to be more careful with it. I see no harm in budgeting. People seem to want everything now. What is what all this greed?
No, It's just that some of us don't do dailies, for some people STFs are the main/only source of dilithium and taking that away harms the playing experience of a lot of people.

It's not greed, it's getting by