Lieutenant
# 301
11-15-2012, 06:14 PM
I heard at least 1 not so attractive woman complaining about it on a podcast. I can only imagine there are a few others.
Captain
# 302
11-15-2012, 06:22 PM
I only heard good things about the "phaser lady" from all my sto friends, but then they are in the target demographic mostly.

And good news everybody, this will have an official wallpaper! Let everybody rejoice!
Commander
# 303
11-15-2012, 06:53 PM
I think it's pretty tasteless myself. She's not even attractive, that face just does not work.

+1 to bring back phaser dude, at least he looked like he belonged in a trek setting.
Starfleet Veteran
# 304
11-15-2012, 07:15 PM
I would have thought them to be more ... pointy ... for a Vulcan.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
# 305
11-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talien View Post
that face just does not work.
Wait? What? She's got a face too!
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Captain
# 306
11-15-2012, 07:55 PM
Romulan!
Changeling!
Undine!

Take your pick, I'm sure they'd all apply to her.

But seriously, bring back Handsome Phaser Guy.
Career Officer
# 307 Conrad's Two Cents
11-15-2012, 10:12 PM
So yes, I'm in 100% agreement. So far I have rather enjoyed all the new stuff in Season 7, but really with this? Phaser guy was they guy we all want to be in STO and now... now this.

GEEK MOMENT: Okay now I like a pretty lady in an STO uniform holding a phaser with her hair waving and her cleavage hanging out, but I have a few problems with this:
1) Do you really think the guys who play STO are that pathetic? I literally face palmed when I opened the page up.
2) A Vulcan with her hair down!?! Sure we saw this in ST II, but she's clearly in the heat of battle and I'm pretty sure that in the heat of battle, she would still maintain her emotional control

3) and final note, I had better not be the only one who sees this, BUT WHY DOES SHE LOOK LIKE THE GIRL FROM TWILIGHT!?!?!?!?!?!?! Seriously, I can't be the only one who noticed!!!

Man you guys get one thing going good and then you have to go screw up something else. You wanted to put in a chick? Fine, but please make her something else and give her a battle hardened expression. The current model makes this game and those who play it look like a joke.

PS
I vote for an Andorian hottie.
Captain_Conrad
STO Start Date: March 2010
June 2012, assimilated into the PWE collective. Resistance is futile.
Lt. Commander
# 308
11-15-2012, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainconrad View Post

3) and final note, I had better not be the only one who sees this, BUT WHY DOES SHE LOOK LIKE THE GIRL FROM TWILIGHT!?!?!?!?!?!?! Seriously, I can't be the only one who noticed!!!

PS
I vote for an Andorian hottie.
Now I can't unsee that!!
Please just change the face if they're not going to change anything else.

Also, I'm all for an Andorian!
Captain
# 309
11-16-2012, 04:17 AM
I did not see Twilight, and I never will see it. I pity any person who had to see it.
If it can ruin such a pretty face, its evil power and baaad acting must be fell indeed!

That is one of the few things I am NOT willing to do, not even for money.

Still, when they put on a handsome man, nobody whines. When its a pretty woman, every insecure person on the internet yells "Nooooooooooo!" .

Pretty women sell stuff. PWE knows that. At least they did something good once.

Also, nobody forces people who dislike pretty women to look at it.
Its an image on a webpage. And as far as women in MMOs go... not really indecently dressed.
Career Officer
# 310
11-16-2012, 06:19 AM
what are you all moaning about? Pretty Phaser Lady IS Handsome Phaser Guy... transporter malfunctions happen you knows... they're rare... and sometimes for the best!

Females FTW!!

RachelJ88