Lt. Commander
# 21
11-15-2012, 10:17 AM
Unfortunately i have already updated my drivers and nothing helped. I even updated my BIOS and it did nothing ( not that it would have anyway).
Commander
# 22
11-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Well... the first update today didn't help. I'm still having a lot of problems....
Career Officer
# 23
11-15-2012, 10:49 AM
I still can't believe there are that many people playing games on terrible intel graphics cards, they are not meant for gaming and have for 10+ years now scored the lowest of pretty much anything out there in graphics power.

CPU can make up for bad graphics power but the intel chipsets are limited and featureless, its quite possible new graphics techniques are just not supported.
Commander
# 24
11-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Assuming this is even the case, it is rather piss poor to make such a graphic change (pun intended), that Devs know will probably will screw many of their players from not being able to play...and let it go unannounced , only to cause bad-blood between a decent part of the player-base.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/dofftrader/yoreantiques/DOFFtrader.gif

Last edited by paragon92518; 11-15-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Commander
# 25
11-15-2012, 05:38 PM
I tried to play the Temple tonight and by the time I was able to jump down to the first area, my system crashed. After rebooting and getting back into the game and launching the Temple again..... guess what? It crashed my computer AGAIN before I could even jump off the mountain!!!!!

And still no response by PWE. It appears they don't want people playing their game at all. Boy am I glad I decided not to purchase that lifetime membership I was thinking about.
Career Officer
# 26
11-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Maybe you all should be contacting Intel?

And Intel cards are notoriously problematic when it comes to Hardware T&L, perhaps someone from the Engine team can tell us how to disable it....
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Last edited by phantomeight; 11-15-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Ensign
# 27
11-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
Maybe you all should be contacting Intel?

And Intel cards are notoriously problematic when it comes to Hardware T&L, perhaps someone from the Engine team can tell us how to disable it....
The game has worked fine on Intel GPU's for ages, this is a season 7 issue.
Commander
# 28
11-15-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon92518 View Post
Assuming this is even the case, it is rather piss poor to make such a graphic change (pun intended), that Devs know will probably will screw many of their players from not being able to play...and let it go unannounced , only to cause bad-blood between a decent part of the player-base.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soiduts View Post
The game has worked fine on Intel GPU's for ages, this is a season 7 issue.
Correct - I've never had any problems with either of my machine's graphics cards before season 7. And I didn't have any problems with season 7 on Tribble either (although I heard some others did.) We do know this is NOT limited to Intel cards as my other machine is a high-end ATI Radeon gaming card.....
Commander
# 29
11-15-2012, 06:05 PM
And if there is some graphics card that doesn't work with PWE's software, the software shouldn't even launch - it should come up and tell us that the card can't work with the game - not crash the computer.
Ensign
# 30
11-16-2012, 01:05 AM
I still can't believe there are that many people playing games on terrible intel graphics cards, they are not meant for gaming and have for 10+ years now scored the lowest of pretty much anything out there in graphics power.

CPU can make up for bad graphics power but the intel chipsets are limited and featureless, its quite possible new graphics techniques are just not supported.

This is true in most cases, but if you go to the intel site you will see a big banner saying, Works with Star Trek ON-Line, and I to am having the same problem, I have put in a ticket and working with the tec support , TBH they are very helpful, to make my game playable for the moment I droped all my settings to low, and removed and re installed my drivers, my screen will flash but only once every half hour or so, but if you want real answers to your problems posting and complaining on a forum is not the way, submit a ticket, and try working with them, trust me if it is a fixeble problem they will do something about it, also I put in a ticket with intel asking if they will give us a driver update.

Last edited by ab1t0r; 11-16-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Closed Thread