Lt. Commander
# 11
11-15-2012, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
If you are only doing omega :

1 elite stf gives you 90 marks or 3 x project gate resources.

So that's 30 minutes for 1 week of reputation worth of time.

On the other hand they could have set the price for each project crazily high, at least they removed dilithium
It could have been a lot worse but I also so of feel prior to season 7 I could put in the work when I wanted to.
I never had a game tell me "you can't play right now" and I can't adjust my recreational time to fit their gates.

So my solution is most importantly to not consider the reputation system part of the actual gameplay but let it hang like a sideproject. While second I work on other stuffs like building zen for c-store items or helping out with the fleet.

Way I see the gates is a way to prolong content so we don't burn through it over a weekend fitted to suit the casuals.
If you play just 30-40 minutes you have omega marks for a week or two - then of course you can always just buy dil for zen for the actual items to keep up.

Ultimately it comes down if people are happy with it or not, I mean I've seen little talk about the actual items, are people looking forward to any of the unlocks ?
Doffs work with having timers because they *are* a side-project. STFs and New Romulus are not side-projects, they are the meat of the endgame. I've yet to meet more than one person that actually enjoys the new system, and I have spent several hours combing through every chat channel and populated zone I know.
Ensign
# 12 sorry for this
11-15-2012, 12:32 PM
i am sorry for changing the topic of this post, but i can not make new posts and my tickets dont get answered, i am trying to find out why i am a level 50 have been for over a year, i have all but 1 piece for the maco space set and i have over 500k expertise- and yet when i try to do the reputation missions, it says i have no expertise. if i could post a screenshot here i would my character sheets says i have over 500k usable expertise and 0 spent expertise so why cant i do the missions? why do i feel like the veteran players are being screwed over.
Commander
# 13
11-15-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
Way I see the gates is a way to prolong content so we don't burn through it over a weekend fitted to suit the casuals.
Another way to prolong content would be to add more mission/episode content, to bring it on par with other MMOs of similar age.

Cryptic was hamstrung with regard to fleshing out their storyline content at the start by a short launch window, then again during the F2P conversion.

My wife and I went Lifetime during the first Anniversary event, based largely on the Engineering reports and Ask Cryptics where Dan Stahl talked about how much storyline and FE content was going to be added, along with all the system upgrades. That was right before the "content drought" kicked in and plans were clobbered.

STO has the systems and mechanics to allow for fantastic story content; just see what the Foundry authors can do with lesser tools than the devs have access to. Cryptic seems to be highly talented at developing said systems, but less able to follow through on the potential of what they have created.

Kestrel's work is great; I'd just like to see a lot more of it. Not all on the FE level, just more normal episodes using existing assets. There are so many planetscapes and such that have only been used once (sometimes for very short missions). Why create assets for single use? So much more can be done with them.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Remove these stupid timers.
Republic Veteran
# 15
11-15-2012, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthrider View Post
As a completionist, these timers keep me sane.
Career Officer
# 16
11-15-2012, 08:37 PM
As these systems build out, I doubt it will continue to be so trivial to fill the projects. If it progresses like the Fleet system, projects at higher tiers will demand more and more resources while only rewarding the same amount of actual XP. This while the XP demands for each tier increase. Just because you crashed through to T1 only playing a handful of missions doesn't mean you'll have such an easy time with Tier 4 and 5. Enjoy the slow pace while you can, before long it'll be a struggle to keep those projects rolling at max efficiency.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-15-2012, 09:00 PM
I couldn't care less how much the projects cost. When you fill them up you can do NOTHING until the retarded timer finishes.

Two more ******n days before anyone can even hit tier 1, this is ridiculous.
Lieutenant
# 18
11-16-2012, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthrider View Post
+1

I'd advocate getting rid of the system entirely. The only real actual content in S7 are the 2 extra stf's, the romulan missions and the new ship. The rest is just systems designed to stretch it out as long as possible until the makers can be bothered to make any more content.
Commander
# 19
11-16-2012, 04:24 AM
i would settle for the following compromise: decrease the timers for projects, but increase the amount of omega marks needed for projects and to purchase the equipment. more grindy, grindy. less waity, waity.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
11-16-2012, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsharpex View Post
i would settle for the following compromise: decrease the timers for projects, but increase the amount of omega marks needed for projects and to purchase the equipment. more grindy, grindy. less waity, waity.
Yea, I wouldn't mind this at all.