Shuttle launch is very slow

Forth
Turn rate seems slower than it should be

Lack of autofire has hampered my testing further
It's a serious pain I'n the kiester not having it

Fifth
Beam weapons do not use Aux power,I like
Beam weapons and I didn't see anywhere posted
That the vesta Aux power to weapons was Cannon only !

I would not have bought the ship if this is intended .
Beam weapons draw power from weapons power and not
Auxiliary ,That was why I bought the ship .

I would appreciate dev comment on this issue please

Anyone else please post findings
Thanks
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Career Officer
# 2
11-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Bought the vesta pack, had the opposite experience.

Auto fire works fine for me, but I had the same problem you had with the Chimera. My auto fire has a little lag between cycles though sometimes it hangs up.

Quantum Field Focuser is powered by AUX, phaser is the damage type, and is still effected by consoles. I have mine specc'd to do 4.5K DPS. It often does more

Shuttle launch? It's always Sunday in the Vesta Shuttle Bay. Slow is putting it mildly, AUX is supposed to increase recharge of launch, but does not. At 120 AUX recharge is still 45+ seconds

Turn rate seems normal. Might be about the same as the LRSVR

In the description of the ships, the cannons that come with it use AUX, and are the only weapons that use AUX. The ship doesn't magically convert AUX to WEP when using any other weapon. The cannons use AUX...that was clearly stated. To have a science ship have a "do it all" energy pool would be pretty op and would break the current system.

DPS of the skills when use propperly is high on hard stationary targets, DPS against moving targets and players is about the same as the other T5 science ship. Not comparable to the Tholian Ships and the 3 LTC Boff slots at the cost of lots of hull.

To maximize DPS you need to be close, with low hull you get one shotted much more.
Republic Veteran
# 3
11-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
Autofire does not work,right clicking on weapons
I'n the 3 rows of functions does not turn on autofire
Anymore
Tried removing weapons logging out
Tried differnt weapons , old,new,and those that came
With the ship. Tried all 10 rows ,No autofire
I read somewhere that if you change your tray layout (the 1/2/3/4/ thing), that might fix this.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
11-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgatag View Post
I read somewhere that if you change your tray layout (the 1/2/3/4/ thing), that might fix this.
Yes, the work around is to change to the three and change autofire in the smaller ui window. Hopefully the work around will be a short time solution
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
11-15-2012, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Fifth
You weren't looking hard enough.

From the very blog post that announced the ship:

"Multi-Mission Science Vessels come standard with a Mark XII Auxiliary Dual Heavy Phaser Cannon. This cannon is designed to utilize Auxiliary power instead of Weapon power. "

As you can see, it is not some kind of innate ability, just a special weapon like Quad Cannons. lrn2read and so on.

Quote:
I don't have my Vesta yet so I can't say, but supposedly the Steamrunner had a similar issue, and I fixed it by switching the HUD layout to #1 and right-clicking the weapon icons in the main tray.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
11-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Very very tough little ship. I bought the three pack and loaded up the modules on an Engineering Vesta and went a shooting. Did a PvP run and several space missions on Elite. With an Engineer in the universal LCDR slot packing RSP and Engineering team, it took a ridiculous amount of punishment from a full group of Klingon players. It's very much a science ship, but fitted properly, she can take blows that would stagger an Odyssey. Lots of ways she can stave off damage altogether that can be fired off sequentially. Count on this ship causing massive agita from the KDF side.

Firepower is decent, if not overwhelming, but that's to be expected. There is definite lag in the danube deployment, but that could be intentional, I don't know.
Captain
# 7
11-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
You weren't looking hard enough.

From the very blog post that announced the ship:

"Multi-Mission Science Vessels come standard with a Mark XII Auxiliary Dual Heavy Phaser Cannon. This cannon is designed to utilize Auxiliary power instead of Weapon power. "

As you can see, it is not some kind of innate ability, just a special weapon like Quad Cannons. lrn2read and so on.

I don't have my Vesta yet so I can't say, but supposedly the Steamrunner had a similar issue, and I fixed it by switching the HUD layout to #1 and right-clicking the weapon icons in the main tray.
-----------------------------

Appreciate all the info guys, yes the unique weapon
Only using Aux power slipped by me totally I ( assumed ) it was all weapons

Looks like I wasted my money here then I don't like
The tactics involved using cannons and with my auto fire broke for
The moment I can't click fast enough to keep up fire and do my real job
( science )

Dang shame you can't give away or sell ships
For me the Vesta is a Lemon
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Captain
# 8
11-15-2012, 08:04 PM
1) Issue is effecting random players, regardless of ship. Autofire is working fine for me on both captains I have Vestas on.
2) The Quantum Field Focus Phaser is heavily influenced by your Particle Generators skill/stat. If you're not skilled into that it's a pea-shooter practically. Also, Phaser Tac Consoles do buff it, so if you're running some other energy type console, it'll shoot under 2K DPS without either phaser consoles or particle gens buffing it. Edit: Also very dependent on Aux power
3) Agreed, both the launch itself and the cooldown between wings of fighters/danubes.
4) The turnrate feels odd to me as well.

Last edited by tom61sto; 11-15-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Captain
# 9
11-15-2012, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Greetings Captions Devs Guests

Bought. Vesta and have tested it a little but
Have had many Issues with it

First
Autofire does not work,right clicking on weapons
I'n the 3 rows of functions does not turn on autofire
Anymore
Tried removing weapons logging out
Tried differnt weapons , old,new,and those that came
With the ship. Tried all 10 rows ,No autofire
Having that problem with all my ships, lag in firing cycles, it's not just you.

Second
The phaser module seems to be very poor damage
Output
Check your skills. Unless you are specced into sci with lots of sci consoles, it's less than useful.

Third
Shuttle launch is very slow
It's not a carrier. Of course it will have slower deployment times.

Forth
Turn rate seems slower than it should be
Cruiser/Science HYBRID. You can't have it all.

Lack of autofire has hampered my testing further
It's a serious pain I'n the kiester not having it

Fifth
Previous poster answered this.

I would not have bought the ship if this is intended .
Beam weapons draw power from weapons power and not
Auxiliary ,That was why I bought the ship .

I would appreciate dev comment on this issue please

Anyone else please post findings
Thanks
Most of my commentary is in red in the quote. I have a few friends who bought the vesta, and they are in love with said ship. I have trouble gettin them to talk about anything else. That being said, she's about where I anticipated her to be. Very powerful, but not invincible. Had a few fly with me in fleet actions, was still able to out-dps them (sorry to say, 8 weapons still outdoes 6), but their utility was amazing. And crap that wiped out my Oddy, they lived through, and vice versa. She can do it all, but not all at once XD.

My 2 ecs? Good ship overall, not as godly as we thought, actually borderline fair.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
11-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Had a few fly with me in fleet actions, was still able to out-dps them (sorry to say, 8 weapons still outdoes 6), but their utility was amazing. And crap that wiped out my Oddy, they lived through, and vice versa. She can do it all, but not all at once XD.

My 2 ecs? Good ship overall, not as godly as we thought, actually borderline fair.
Were they running the cannons, or beams? I only plan to get one Vesta (the Science variant) right now, so I won't have 3 aux cannons to mount up front. Do you have any suggestions for a setup? Any advice for preferred Boff abilities is also welcome. I'm an Engi captain and currently fly a Chimera and Armitage.

I haven't flown a science-y ship in ages, and methinks this is a fine place to try it out again (unless I go crazy and splurge on a carrier).