Nah, I didnt take it
Rihannsu
# 22
11-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillithiae View Post
Nah, I didnt take it
well it will always be waiting for ya lol
the age of launcher... is over...!! the time of the ARC has come!!!!!!!!!
One ARC to rule them all, One ARC to find them,
One ARC to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!
actual joining date = no one cares!!!!
Career Officer
# 23
11-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Again, the only problem with Romulus is the Replayability.

I might find fun going the first time with one of my character and doing all the mini-gathering quests but will i want to redo it again with my 11 other chars? Honestly, i think not.

It is a nice change of pace and a different experience compared to the other content we have but again i feel all of this required a huge investment of Dev time for something we might like to only see once.

Time will tell...
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
11-15-2012, 06:50 PM
So let me put this question out to ya'll:

If the new Romulus map was still exactly the way it is, but instead of actually playing as you're character they had you controlling one of you're bridge officers while you're captain was off talking diplomatic like with the Romulan leaders, would that have made this feel more trek for you?

If not then what do you think they could have added?

Personally I agree with the others that it's more of a step in the right direction. I actually have a multi-mission proposal that would bring a truly explore strange new worlds and seek out new civilizations feel to the clusters/nebula.

I don't know what the locked parts of the map are yet or how the story line goes for those yet, but I think if they had made it where you played as one of your bridge officers and gave it more of a survey team feel and you actually took those samples to your ships labs and had some type of mini-game for analyzing the samples it would have really added the feeling of true scientific research, but again a step in the right direction.
Lieutenant
# 25
11-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tali9999 View Post

I might find fun going the first time with one of my character and doing all the mini-gathering quests but will i want to redo it again with my 11 other chars? Honestly, i think not.

It is a nice change of pace and a different experience compared to the other content we have but again i feel all of this required a huge investment of Dev time for something we might like to only see once.

Time will tell...
I agree, I do not think I would enjoy playing this on multiple characters. However, on my main, I have no problem replaying one section each day for the daily.
Rihannsu
# 26
11-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
So let me put this question out to ya'll:

If the new Romulus map was still exactly the way it is, but instead of actually playing as you're character they had you controlling one of you're bridge officers while you're captain was off talking diplomatic like with the Romulan leaders, would that have made this feel more trek for you?

If not then what do you think they could have added?
how about this let me do the diplo talk whlie the boff get the rocks that be trek to me
Career Officer
# 27
11-15-2012, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tali9999 View Post

Time will tell...
Keep in mind a few things:

1) It's easier to add content to a zone like this than to add episodes.

2) We haven't seen all of the content there because it's gated.

3) You really only need to visit the sector block once a week or so. You don't need to repeat the Romulan missions daily just because you CAN. One run around the area a week gets you enough marks to do the rep projects for a week. Within the first week, you're T1 and have new stuff to do. So you repeat once a week and then at various intervals over your 70 or so day rep grind, more and more missions open up. Plus the space missions feature random events like the Enterprise and Iconians to spice things up and a variety of dialogue puzzles on different attempts.

I think many of the complaints seem to stem from the idea that you have to be headquartered on New Romulus. You don't, really. You might want to stop by daily for some DOffing but the rep grind doesn't really call for you to do anything more than an extended weekly visit if you'd rather be somewhere else.
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
11-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^100% agree

i can only give you its big and has a fleet base ops ment Embassy other then that its same as all thedoctorbluebox named out

funny i dont recall janeway picard sisko loveing to get them rocks i think they had bridge officer do that for them but that could be me
You apparently missed whole episodes of Janeway playing science with the rest of the Voyager crew, or Sisko scanning tribbles in the distant past.

Star Trek captains are, and have always been, incredibly hands-on. In fact, "sending bridge officers to do stuff" is very NOT Trek-like.
Rihannsu
# 29
11-15-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
You apparently missed whole episodes of Janeway playing science with the rest of the Voyager crew, or Sisko scanning tribbles in the distant past.

Star Trek captains are, and have always been, incredibly hands-on. In fact, "sending bridge officers to do stuff" is very NOT Trek-like.
nope didnt miss them for the reason they did not do stuff like that every EP for that was the job of there crew

and last part makes me lol for that how picard was lol

Last edited by daan2006; 11-15-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Captain
# 30
11-15-2012, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post

-------------------------
True to a point however

Watch TOS
Spock-----scan for that
Bones----- get him to sickbay
Scotty----- get my weapons working !
Sulu--------lay I'n a course for Risa !
Checkov---polish that console
Uhura------Call me baby

Kirk did get his hands dirty a little but used commands
To his crew a lot more than the others
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac