Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 61
11-15-2012, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
Would have been nice to add some sabotage and reversing the good work us Feds are doing at New Romulas.
Exactly. Give it that ol'Klingon twist of helping but making both an advantage (our way which is dependent on of we find the new(ish) ally has honor. ie:the children of san tarah)
and a price possibly in technology or relinquished systems to the Empire.
What ever the "twist" just make it Klingon in flavor.

I understand that this is asking alot, possibly, because it sets a standard of also having to pit a Romulan flair on things when they arrive. All I can is Star Trek is a big IP with a diverse and rich fanbase.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 62
11-20-2012, 04:14 AM
The funniest part of the whole thing is when you have to motivate the romulans on new Romulus.. Wudn't a Klingon use a bat'leth to motivate instead of flowery language! :p And i go further ahead and see a Klingon give martial arts training to a bunch of romulans!
(Sulu voice) Ooooh mmyyyyyy!!

What I would have done is make the Remans and Romulans as two separate factions, with the Remans allying with the Empire and the Romulans with UFP.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
Career Officer
# 63
11-20-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkyvix View Post

It's Starfleet's duty to seek out new life and new civilizations for peace and sharing.
It's the Klingon Defense Force's mandate to subjugate potential threats and expand their territories for the good of the Klingon people and their territories.
Its even more bizarre when you consider the Empire is using conquered peoples to command and crew ships. How they can justify Orion and Gorn captains at all is beyond me, the first are untrustworthy criminals the others are a conquered people... The number of ships disappearing or going rogue must be staggering.

I get the reasons WHY Cryptic did it, but from a lore point of view its nonsense. So much of the lore or story that affects the KDF sets them up like a house of cards, just a moment away from collapsing.

And now they're playing nice with Romulans, them wanting to change doesn't really make them any more likeable to the Empire since they are clearly turning into a people more in tune with the Federation.

If anything this was a wasted opportunity to highlight the Fed/Emp space war. Imagine what could be done if they made it revolve around the KDF attacking the fragile new colonies while Starfleet defended them. It doesn't even have to be PvP based. Throw in some Tal Shiar/Iconian hijinks and there you go.

Last edited by skyranger1414; 11-20-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Career Officer
# 64
11-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
Why did the Klingons invade the Gorn Hegemony? it was NOT just cheap conquest, they had a genuine REASON-which is why Gorn officers join the KDF of their own free will, and Gorn shipyards are building Gorn vessels for Klingon crews.
It kinda is cheap conquest though. After they unmask the false Gorn leaders did they leave or "hang around"?

Personally I think that was part of the Iconian plan to stir up conflict between the two factions. Klingon intelligence has never been portrayed as above and beyond in any of the shows, so its a little surprising that suddenly they are the ones to notice that the Gorn are compromised. Not impossible or unbelievable, just a little out of the blue... makes me think it was all an Iconian plot. It had to be the Empire that found out though, they would predictably invade and conquer and it would cause a rift between them and the Federation.
Empire Veteran
# 65
11-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldicephoenix View Post
What I would have done is make the Remans and Romulans as two separate factions, with the Remans allying with the Empire and the Romulans with UFP.
That would have been cool and tied back to the Romulan FE's better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
Its even more bizarre when you consider the Empire is using conquered peoples to command and crew ships. How they can justify Orion and Gorn captains at all is beyond me, the first are untrustworthy criminals the others are a conquered people... The number of ships disappearing or going rogue must be staggering.
Its a game mechanic done by the Devs to build the KDF into a reasonable faction rather than a adherence to how we have seen the Klingon Empire behave in the past.
One must adapt or be overcome by the federation.

Quote:
I get the reasons WHY Cryptic did it, but from a lore point of view its nonsense. So much of the lore or story that affects the KDF sets them up like a house of cards, just a moment away from collapsing.

And now they're playing nice with Romulans, them wanting to change doesn't really make them any more likeable to the Empire since they are clearly turning into a people more in tune with the Federation.

If anything this was a wasted opportunity to highlight the Fed/Emp space war. Imagine what could be done if they made it revolve around the KDF attacking the fragile new colonies while Starfleet defended them. It doesn't even have to be PvP based. Throw in some Tal Shiar/Iconian hijinks and there you go.
I agree. We KDF could be trying to conquer the RSE while the feds are saving them.

[quote]
Quote:
It kinda is cheap conquest though. After they unmask the false Gorn leaders did they leave or "hang around"?
Hung around is my guess as many Gorn NPCs on Q'nos talk about rebelling against the KDF.

Quote:
Personally I think that was part of the Iconian plan to stir up conflict between the two factions. Klingon intelligence has never been portrayed as above and beyond in any of the shows, so its a little surprising that suddenly they are the ones to notice that the Gorn are compromised. Not impossible or unbelievable, just a little out of the blue... makes me think it was all an Iconian plot. It had to be the Empire that found out though, they would predictably invade and conquer and it would cause a rift between them and the Federation
All part of the building of a new KDF.........though the Plot idea is sound as you can trust the KDF to take the advantage for conquest.

I just wish they would actually enlarge the Iconian subversion storyline with a KDF series of STFs, more missions, etc. etc.
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Commander
# 66
11-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dareau View Post
And who knows, maybe the Letheans have some reason to hook baby squids up with their mommy squid...
There is no real way to know what a Lethean is plotting. There's a reason why a majority of the Empire don't trust them.
Career Officer
# 67
11-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I understand the need to KISS when designing a MMO but the game has the feeling of only being a copy/paste of all things Fed centric when these stories are built. It puts a damper on my fandom and makes it less appealing to bother to play STO.

If the Devs had it planned in advance they were going to design STO as one giant mastubitory fanrelease, they should have never bothered building the KDF.
I think it really boils down to them thinking they would be able to do more until the last moment; and THEN, when it was obvious they would not be able to deliver instead of coming clean they kept leading KDF players on. TBH I think they've become rather good at the whole "leading players on" thing.
Empire Veteran
# 68
11-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
I think it really boils down to them thinking they would be able to do more until the last moment; and THEN, when it was obvious they would not be able to deliver instead of coming clean they kept leading players on.
Thinking may have been optional in thier reasoning.

Ok, that was cruel. Being part of the "led on" has left me bitter.

What I can't figure is why not correct the issue when it was a small one instead of continuing to lead all this time.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 11-20-2012 at 12:39 PM.