Lt. Commander
# 1 .02%, really?
11-15-2012, 10:57 PM
I was hoping someone from cryptic can come on here and tell us if cryptic is still holding to the story that only .02% of players in your game pvp. I've found the number to be extremely hard to believe since the day I heard it. If it is indeed .02%, I really see no reason why pvp development would even be considered. Not many companies would spend any resources to improve a segment of their product that only sees 1/5000 people using it.

Having said that, I believe that number was thrown out to try to justify the lack of development within pvp and your consideration in the past to mothball it all together. I'm not saying that number is accurate, just that you guys threw it out there.

Am I wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-15-2012, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by upyournacelles2 View Post
I was hoping someone from cryptic can come on here and tell us if cryptic is still holding to the story that only .02% of players in your game pvp. I've found the number to be extremely hard to believe since the day I heard it. If it is indeed .02%, I really see no reason why pvp development would even be considered. Not many companies would spend any resources to improve a segment of their product that only sees 1/5000 people using it.

Having said that, I believe that number was thrown out to try to justify the lack of development within pvp and your consideration in the past to mothball it all together. I'm not saying that number is accurate, just that you guys threw it out there.

Am I wrong?
hows that dinner coming along?

Quote of the week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
11-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Why would they lie? If it was a significant portion of the player base, there would be money in it, so they would invest more time to earn more money out of it. They are a business, not a conspiracy to deprive anyone of PvP fun.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-15-2012, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Why would they lie? If it was a significant portion of the player base, there would be money in it, so they would invest more time to earn more money out of it. They are a business, not a conspiracy to deprive anyone of PvP fun.
I'm sorry sophie, but as you have pointed out in other threads you have started asking cryptic a question and someone else answers, "do you work for cryptic?". I didn't want to be rude by putting a disclaimer saying that I'm not really interested in your comments, but I guess I'm saying so now...

Any other PVP'ers comments are welcome though
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-15-2012, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofcritz View Post
hows that dinner coming along?
Sorry, all the seasons of californication are available on demand and I got sucked in.
Lieutenant
# 6
11-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by upyournacelles2 View Post

Am I wrong?

you saw how Pax's post immediately got locked down when he posted about a petition about people actually working on pvp. obviously its not a priority =)

@minitrckin08, Turkish RP Heros
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilghost1026 View Post
you saw how Pax's post immediately got locked down when he posted about a petition about people actually working on pvp. obviously its not a priority =)

quick like too...lol. They even removed the links. I guess they dont want an accurate number of ppl that actually pvp. Of course, this further supports my theory that that number is inaccurate as hell. In five minutes, that post generated about 10 signatures. That represents 50k players in STO if you divide it by .02%...in just 5 minutes...

Edit: and it would only represent a fraction of the population of pvp'ers that not only read these forums, but would take the energy to sign the petition.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
11-15-2012, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilghost1026 View Post

I think that one was more because petitions are simply not allowed on the forums. Enforcing their own rules and stuff.
Captain
# 9
11-15-2012, 11:35 PM
The answer is simple... they have no accurate measure, cause they have turned us all into PvE kids if we wish to compete in STO PvP.

Those of us that PvP likely have been spending more time PvEing since F2P... any real metrics they have are complete horse manure.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
11-15-2012, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
The answer is simple... they have no accurate measure, cause they have turned us all into PvE kids if we wish to compete in STO PvP.

Those of us that PvP likely have been spending more time PvEing since F2P... any real metrics they have are complete horse manure.
Wasn't that 0.02% number about "people who actually PvP at all on a somewhat regular basis"?