Captain
It appears as if obtaining the waterfall accolade is impossible for most people, as the area you must jump to is unreachable without the use of an engineer or caitian/ferasan. I've noticed quite a number of people trying to reach this part of the waterfall but most seem to be unable to jump past the last obstacle and instead seem to "slide off" at this part.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
11-13-2012, 04:55 PM
I blame the Environment Artists.

oh wait. . .damn.

There was a change made just before the final build got pulled. We reduced the number of triangles on all of the larger rocks to improve performance all around. That change made it into the build. Unfortunately, the changing of that geometry meant that some areas that had been accessible before, were suddenly too steep to walk on. We've already fixed up all of the accolade paths, so they should be traversable by everyone without cover shields or extra jump height. Unfortunately, that change could not make it into the build as it had too many other dependencies. As such, I hope that we can get these changes in for next week's patch.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Empire Veteran
# 3
11-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
I blame the Environment Artists.

oh wait. . .damn.

There was a change made just before the final build got pulled. We reduced the number of triangles on all of the larger rocks to improve performance all around. That change made it into the build. Unfortunately, the changing of that geometry meant that some areas that had been accessible before, were suddenly too steep to walk on. We've already fixed up all of the accolade paths, so they should be traversable by everyone without cover shields or extra jump height. Unfortunately, that change could not make it into the build as it had too many other dependencies. As such, I hope that we can get these changes in for next week's patch.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Taco ... Any idea when they are gonna answer us on the dilithium questions? Right now few devs are popping up and we be very worried.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
11-13-2012, 05:11 PM
"We apologize for the inconvenience" is beginning to become a common phrase with the Dev team. Funny enough, it's also the last phrase used by the very first Dev team.
Captain
# 5
11-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Ah well thats sorted, good to know reasons behind it. Was about to suggest if you remove some invisible walls in the clearing to the south of the waterfall and let us climb the cliffs it could be an interesting workaround. I remember having fun going places I was probably never meant to go on Tribble.
Captain
# 6
11-13-2012, 09:31 PM
People are making it through, but it's horribly hard to get it. I've fallen about 20 times already trying to jump over the last rock to the waterfall.
Career Officer
# 7
11-13-2012, 09:59 PM
If you look at that last rock like a clock, and get a running jump at about 10:15, you can make it.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
11-14-2012, 05:01 AM
i dont think its impossible because I have 2 members who have done it, its just extremelly inprobable, which is just as good. Unless you hit the jump at the exact angle and the right millisecond then you'll make it. I for one have just spent 3 houes and over 100 attempts to make this to no avail.

I dont think this is in the spirit of the accolade, the people have found where it is, we just cant get to it because of the crappy environment.

please change this ASAP

Many thanks.
http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff478/mrmicky21/NoMercyFleetXOSig_zpscc121cae.png
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT OUR 12TH WEBSITE HERE - 12th Fleet Application Form
Captain
# 9 Solution
11-14-2012, 07:11 AM
Ok, for waterfall, to get to that hard last rock before the actual waterfall. Start climbing up and press QQ. You should roll to the top of the rock and then can jump down. Worked for me.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=9qgtfn&s=6
Career Officer
# 10
11-15-2012, 11:20 PM
Thought the fix was in?