Career Officer
# 41
11-16-2012, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie1966 View Post

Why do I have to wait 20 hours in order to chase and tag the Romulan Rabbits?
Because it takes them that long to breed.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Cryptic, I'll take your fancy T6 Ships and blow them out of the star's with my mighty T5 Vor'Cha!
Captain
# 42
11-16-2012, 12:16 AM
My characters are all gated for the next 2 days plus I have marks for the gate after that.

This week I got record low dil, close to zero, played fewer stfs, only enough for marks, fewer than I ever did and complained more on the forum than my entire time here.

If they want the average refinement per week to go up they better exclude me from their metrics.

Basically I don't want to say goodbye to the stuff I already spent time on but there isn't anything in season 7 I want.

Make the items and the abilities worth a damn and I'd still complain about not being able to play when I want.

Now I get the worst from both worlds, nothing to do and nothing to go after
Lt. Commander
# 43
11-16-2012, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
My characters are all gated for the next 2 days plus I have marks for the gate after that.

This week I got record low dil, close to zero, played fewer stfs, only enough for marks, fewer than I ever did and complained more on the forum than my entire time here.

If they want the average refinement per week to go up they better exclude me from their metrics.

Basically I don't want to say goodbye to the stuff I already spent time on but there isn't anything in season 7 I want.

Make the items and the abilities worth a damn and I'd still complain about not being able to play when I want.

Now I get the worst from both worlds, nothing to do and nothing to go after
In my opinion, all They have to do is add a little Dilithium to every mission in the game.

It doesn't have to be a lot, 10 to 50 per completion of a task would be enough.

At least that way I would feel like I am actually accomplishing something with everything I do.

The way the game is now, there are many parts of it I will probably never try more than once.
Ensign
# 44 No drops for STF elite?
11-16-2012, 12:25 AM
We just did a fleet run for "the hive" space. No drops. No drops in any STF's? Really?
Captain
# 45
11-16-2012, 03:19 AM
That's also what I have been asking, did you really have to kill all those things for the reputation system ?

Why couldn't we keep both.

On one hand they out saying there is too little dil being refined, on the other they removed a lot of stuff like we were earning too much.

But yeah a few changes could mean a lot. Like for me I'd love the idea of a romulan security beam down, only I'd never spend a single mark on a consumable...
My tactical already has the ability permanently.

It could potentially be good with some changes.
Career Officer
# 46
11-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imjobuahole View Post
We just did a fleet run for "the hive" space. No drops. No drops in any STF's? Really?
^^^
THIS!

I've been commenting since the F2P beta that if Dilithium is indeed supposed to be a time based currency like Cryptic et al claim; when you have content (like all the storyline missions that are supposed to be the bulk of the PvE content); but DON'T award at least some Dilithium to players for doing/spending time in them - you create a dis-incentive for player, and as a result, they are played less (much like I'm sure Cryptic data-mining showed the drop in STF play-throughs.)

It doesn't need to be much; and you could time gate it as well saying they could replay something once a day for the full dilithium reward; but subsequent repeat playthroughs before the timer expired would net less (or no) dilithium rewards.

The Romulan and Omega mark situation is different as they now help you gain reputation that unlocks more content and better gear; and ALSO at T5 reputation status; you will them be able to run projects that cionvert them to Dilithium as well.

To me, it makes zero sense that under their own F2P model, players are essentially discouraged from playing the storyline missions because they reward zero dilithium.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Lieutenant
# 47
11-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
To me, it makes zero sense that under their own F2P model, players are essentially discouraged from playing the storyline missions because they reward zero dilithium.
Because their new dilithium game design as Stahl described is either a lie or they are completely incompetent game designers.
Lt. Commander
# 48
11-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
I completely agree with this and it is one of the primary reasons why we are reversing our decision about Dilithium. Players should be having fun with Season 7 - it is awesome - not worrying about Dilithium.
Does that include the doff reassignment costs?
"He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him. For every doff box bought, I'll chase him round the Moons of Nibia and round the Antares Maelstrom and round Perdition's flames. For every single doff box opened, I stab at thee from hell's heart. For every single doff contributed, I spit my last breath at thee..." Khan Playing STO
Rihannsu
# 49
11-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I can usually have fun with snatch but this new grind has me liking the fact that my STO-citement to play has been lackluster of late.

I can handle grinding mind you though I think this recent turn of events is too much and is an attempt to once again control the economy that got away from them.
I agree with Roach (or whatever his new forum name is ). This game --for me (and I can only speak for myself) --is no longer fun to play. It's more work than my RL job. But that's just me. For those of you who enjoy it-- rock on
Lt. Commander
# 50
11-17-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
thrown together like grandmas 17 layer leftover 17 day meatloaf.
BHHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I love that quote, I'm guna do my best to remember that 1! - Fantastic