Career Officer
# 1 Dilithium & Doff Acquisition
11-16-2012, 03:19 AM
I'll save from posting about my disappointment of season 7 dilithium rewards / purchases here as that isn't what I've come to discuss. I know the score, as do many other gamers, and the team know we aren't happy about it, but realistically, I can't see them going back on their change.

What I would like to know (if anyone could spare me a few minutes) is all the missions where I can get Dilithium. I'm wanting to know the results for both FED and KDF gameplay. Specifically;
  • The Name of the Mission / Daily
  • The Dilithium Reward that comes with
  • The Average length of time said mission takes to complete

I wish to know how long it's going to take me to earn my 8k a day, and what variations of which missions I can do to acquire such. I haven't played since the patch, I'm currently boycotting the game until I know how much time, specifically, I've got to put into it to get what I want out of it, this is presently excluding the Reputation System; all I'd realistically want out of that is a Romulan Bridge Officer, though I hear they're non-customizable, so don't see myself rushing to get yet another Boff that looks the same as every other owned by players.

I also wish to know other ways of acquiring Green, Blue and Purple Duty Officers without having to pay the extortionate fees that are asked of us by Cryptic. Obviously there is the exchange (though they come in costly) and various Duty Officer Assignments which can reward a single Duty Officer (of varying quality). But what other ways are there?

Also, whilst on the subject of Duty Officers; Fleet Doffs vs Normal Doffs? What's the actual difference? Not that my KDF toon can purchase Fleet Doffs at the minute cause the Fleet Starbase I'm apart of hasn't hit Tier #1 yet (lacking in Dilithium Deposits, no surprise there).

Anyway, if someone could spare the time to answer the questions for me, I'd appreciate it. That is all. Cheers.
Commander
# 2
11-16-2012, 03:30 AM
Check out this post.

And about your duty officers... So far as I know, there are no differences between normal DOffs and Fleet DOffs.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-16-2012, 04:08 AM
Now we get 1 dily for 1 prisoner. How much was before ?
Career Officer
# 4
11-16-2012, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
Check out this post.
Ah, that's just wonderful. Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
And about your duty officers... So far as I know, there are no differences between normal DOffs and Fleet DOffs.
Makes you wonder just why we've got them then... Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesolc View Post
Now we get 1 dily for 1 prisoner. How much was before ?
I don't remember.
Career Officer
# 5
11-16-2012, 07:21 AM
75 for commons.
150 for uncommons
250 for rares
500 for very rares

If recollection serves. On the subject of prisoners, though, I wouldn't mind the turn over assignment for them on the starbase to grant a better reward to give me a reason to actually send Doffs into military offensives. KDF gets to turn them in 3 at a time for 350 (1000 on crit) and 4 at a time for 500 (1500 on crit), and there's a 10 at a time turnover for them at the security officer that grants a base 1000. (Which are the main reason, I'll admit, for my three KDF alts.) Maybe add a dilithium reward to the Dosi, Paradan, etc colonization supports in the Cardassian sectors - I did always take some delight in pawning off as slave labo-I mean entrust the care over our POWs to our allies. But there's not much of a return on it - and the KDF gets those too, though I don't suppose the upgrade'd be as useful to them.
Reave

Last edited by hrisvalar; 11-16-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Ensign
# 6
11-16-2012, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
there's a 10 at a time turnover for them at the security officer that grants a base 1000
I tried that 5 times and they all failed. I never, ever used it again as I figured it was one of the scam missions they like to add to the DOFF system for suckers to waste resources on.
Career Officer
# 7
11-16-2012, 09:31 AM
1500-3000 for a full hour in the Academy? If I don't turn in two full 60-packs in that hour, it means I probably wandered off for 10 minutes.

Anyway.

There are plenty of ways to get your dil still, there just aren't any that are significantly faster like there used to be (except the Academy). I haven't entirely worked out what I'm going to do yet, but it should look something like this:

Turn over Contraband
Run any Prisoners/Colonists missions you can find
Run as many Doff assignments that pay out 50-250 Dil as you can find available (depends on how high your ranks are, keep Doffing to build it up!)

That gives you a good baseline of 3000-3500 or so as soon as you log in, maybe more depending on what you were able to do. Then in no particular order:

Fleet Actions (Starbase 24 seems to be about all you can get a group for, hit it every 30 minutes, it's fast)
STFs (normals if you're just grinding dil because you can bang them out fast and not worry about failing)
Dilithium Mining (If the event is active, otherwise don't bother)
Exploration (Since B'Tran is no longer especially advantageous, just do it wherever)
Eta Eridani dailies
Deferi dailies

PvP you can do as well if you want. Generally, you don't have to win to get the Dil reward, just participate. I'm not saying sit there and AFK, but don't get upset if you're getting creamed. Just have fun, do what you can, and don't sweat it. Maybe you'll even get good at it eventually. There are daily wrappers for Arenas and War Zones I think, plus Ker'rat.